- Volume 25 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Appilication of a Green City Index as a Green Space Planning Index for the Low-Carbon Green City of Gangneung-si
- Cho, Su-Hyun (Department of Future City, Gangneung City) ;
- Jo, Hyun-Ju (East Coast Life Sciences Institute, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.09.20
- Published : 2016.10.31
This study aims to establish baseline data for sustainable monitoring by applying the green city index (GCI), which is set up to evaluate the city level, to the city of Gangneung-si, which was designated as a pilot city for the Low-carbon Green Growth City project by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transportation. The GCI was applied in the framework of European systems, while considering the social and economic status of Korea. Indicators from 7 areas-
Green city indicator, GCI;Low-carbon green growth city;Baseline data
- Burck, J., Christoph, B., Simone, A., 2008, The climate change performance index results 2009, Germanwatch Inc., Berlin.
- Choi, S. Y., 2011, A study on the development of the model and indicators for green growth city, Ph. D. Dissertation, Dongguk University, Gyeongju.
- EIU, 2009, European green city index, Simens, Munich, 51.
- EIU, 2011, Asian green city index, Simens, Munich, 63.
- Ko, J. K., Kim, H. S., 2010, A study on the development of low carbon green competitiveness indicators of local government Centering of Gyeonggi-do, J. Local Govern. Stud., 22(3), 175-200.
- Lim, D. I., 2011, Analysis of the change of urban structure in Gangneung-city by urban development, J. Korean Reg. Dev., 10(2), 113-147.
- Lee, J. H., 2013, Development and application of quantitative assessment indicators for low-carbon green city, Ph. D. Dissertation, Dongguk University, Gyeongju.
- Lee, J. J., Lee, W. H., Kim, D. Y., 2011, A study on the local autonomous entity's establishment of direction for low-carbon green-city policy, Geogr. J. Korea, 45(2), 295-308.
- Lee, M. H., Kim, R. H., 2011, A suggestion on the laws and institutions for the green city, Environ. Law Assoc., 33(2), 276-296.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 2013, A study on development and application of green city index for urban environmental management in Korea, National Institute of Environmental Research, Incheon.
- Park, J. C., Kim, J. Y., 2010, Urban planning measure -ments in pursuit of a low-carbon green city Case analyses of basic planning elements and spatial urban structures in Korea and Japan-, J. Korean Reg. Dev. Assoc., 22(1), 17-52.
- Song, K. S., Kim, Y. O., Kwen, Y. H., 2008, A study on construction and application of evaluation indicators in quality of life, Korean J. Local Govern. Stud., 12(4), 225-247.
- You, J. H., Park, K. H., Jung, S. G., 2005, A study on importance of assessment factors and indicators of natural ecosystem for environmentally friendly land conservation, J. Environ. Impact Assess., 14(4), 165-177.