- Volume 8 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Smart Tourism Based on Face Recognition Using Smartphone
- Ryu, Ki-Hwan (Department of Tourism Management, Institute of Information Technology, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Myoung-Su (Department of Management Information System. The Graduate School Kwangwoon University)
- Received : 2016.09.26
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study is a smart tourism research based on face recognition applied system that manages individual information of foreign tourists to smartphone. It is a way to authenticate by using face recognition, which is biometric information, as a technology applied to identification inquiry, immigration control, etc. and it is designed so that tourism companies can provide customized service to customers by applying algorism to smartphone. The smart tourism system based on face recognition is a system that prepares the reception service by sending the information to smartphone of tourist service company guide in real time after taking faces of foreign tourists who enter Korea for the first time with glasses attached to the camera. The smart tourism based on face recognition is personal information recognition technology, speech recognition technology, sensing technology, artificial intelligence personal information recognition technology, etc. Especially, artificial intelligence personal information recognition technology is a system that enables the tourism service company to implement the self-promotion function to commemorate the visit of foreign tourists and that enables tourists to participate in events and experience them directly. Since the application of smart tourism based on face recognition can utilize unique facial data and image features, it can be beneficially utilized for service companies that require accurate user authentication and service companies that prioritize security. However, in terms of sharing information by government organizations and private companies, preemptive measures such as the introduction of security systems should be taken.
Supported by : Kwangwoon University
- R. C. Gonzalez and R. E. Woods, Digital Image Processing: Upper Saddle River. New Jersey 07458: Prentice Hall 2002.
- Jung-Jai Lee, A Study on Face Recognition System Using LDA and SVM: The Journal of the Korea institute of electronic communication sciences, Vol 10, No 11, pp.1307-1314, November. 2015. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.11.1307
- V Vezhnevents, V Sazonov, A Andreeva, A survey on pixel-based skin color detection techniques: Proc. Graphicon, 2003 - Citesser.
- KiHyeon Kwon & Hyung Bong Lee. Gate Management System by Face Recognition using Smart Phone: Journal of Korea Society of Computer and Information,Vol.16, No11, pp8-10, November. 2011.
- W. Zhao, R Chellappa, P. J. Phillips and A. Rosenfeld, Face recognition: A literature suvery, ACM Computing Survey, Vol 35, No 4, pp.339-458, 2003.
- Seong G. Kong, Design of an observer-based decentralized fussy controller for discrete-time interconnected fuzzy systems: Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Vol 25, No 5, pp437-443, October. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2015.25.5.437
- Yun-Sang Byun &Jin Kwak, Secure User Authentication Scheme Based on Facial Recognition for Smartwork Environment: Journal of Advanced Navigation Technology, Vol. 17, No 3, pp314-324, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.12673/jkoni.2013.17.3.314
- Brian C. Becker, Evaluation of Face Recognition Techniques for Application to Facebook: IEEE Aplore, 2009.
- Kown, Man-Jun, Real-Time Face Recognition System using FDA: journal of fuzzy logic and intelligent systems, Vol 15, No 5, pp.649-654-2005.
- Ki-Hwan Ryu & Young-Soo Park, Seoul Tourist Course Mobile Location-based Services Technology for Free Individual Travelers: Information, An International Interdisciplinary Journal, Vol 18, No 10, pp.4075-4082, October. 2015.
- Wang, H. "Review of online stickiness research from consumer perspective. In Proceedings of the Networking and Digital Society (ICNDS), 2010 2nd International Conference on. IEEE. 1, 116-119, 2010.
- Chang-young Lee, Jin-Seok Yang, Do-Hyeun Kim, Beongku An, Nma-Soo Kim. "Ubiquitous Service Model for Information Convergence of Jeju Island Culture, Tourism, Sport and Traffic", The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet Television and Telecommunication VOL. 8 No. 4, August. 2008
- Wang, D., & Xiang, Z. "The new landscape of travel: A comprehensive analysis of Smartphone Apps. In Proceedings of the Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2012." Springer Vienna, 308-319, 2012.
- Su-Kyun Sun. "Propose of Efficint u-smart tourist information system in Ubiquitous Environment." Journal of Digital Convergence, 10(3), pp.407-413. 2013.
- Jong-Bae Ahn. "A Study on Method for Setting up Open High Density LBS Platform and Improving the Public Usage", The journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication(IIBC) Vol. 14, No .3, pp.177-184, Jun. 30, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2014.14.3.177