- Volume 32 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of a Control Algorithm for Exterior Movable Shading Device considering Shaded Fraction
차폐면적비를 고려한 외부 가변차양 제어 알고리즘 개발
- Received : 2016.08.04
- Accepted : 2016.10.21
- Published : 2016.10.30
An external movable shading device is installed on an envelope to control light and thermal environments. This device is typically used to improve a visual comfort by blocking direct solar radiation, rather than limitedly applied to control a thermal environment. This paper proposes a shaded fraction control algorithm, which can be applied to external movable shading devices, to satisfy visual comfort and reduce heating and cooling load at the same time. The shaded fraction and profile angle are set for controlling parameter. The optimized shaded fraction is derived by considering glare, illuminance, heating load and cooling load through decision process of a control algorithm. Finally, allowable range of movements is determined by applying the optimized shaded fraction. Energy simulation is performed by applying shading control method such as energy reduction, glare protection, visual comfort. The simulation result confirms that the three control methods are satisfied to prevent glare and effective in energy savings than control methods proposed in previous studies.
Exterior Shading Devices;Movable Shading Devices;Shading Control;Shaded Fraction;Algorithm
- ASHRAE, ASHRAE Handbook Fundamentals, (2005). American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air conditioning Engineers.
- Choi, S.J., Lee, D.S., Koo, S.H. & Jo, J.H. (2015). Calculation method of Shaded Ratio according to Shading Movements for Kinetic Façcade. In: Proceedings of the ISHVAC-COBEE 2015, Tianjin, China, July 12-15.
- Choi, S.J., Lee, D.S., Lee, B.Y., Cho, Y.H. & Jo, J.H. (2016). A Selection Method for Exterior Shading Devices Considering User Requirements. Journal of KIAEBS, 10(2), 107-113.
- Lee, D.S., Choi, S.J. & Jo, J.H. (2015). Development of Calculation Methods for Solar Heat Gain and Lighting Energy by Different Types of Kinetic Facade. Journal of the architectural institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section, 31(12), 203-214.
- Inoue, T., Kawase, T., Ibamoto, T., Takakusa, S. & Matsuo, Y. (1988). The development of an optimal control system for window shading devices based on investigations in office buildings, ASHRAE Transactions 94.
- Kim, J.H. (2007). Automatic control strategy of venetian blind for improvement of environmental performance in office buildings, Ph.D. Dissertation, Seoul National University.
- Meteonorm7. http://meteonorm.com
- Moeseke, G.V., Bruyere, I. & Herde, A.D. (2007). Impact of control rules on the efficiency of shading devices and free cooling for office buildings, Building and Environment, 42(2), 784-793. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2005.09.015
- O'Brien, W., Kapsis, K. & Athienitis, A.K. (2012). Manually-operated window shade patterns in office buildings: A critical review, Building and Environment, 60, 319-338.
- Paik, J.Y., Kim, J.H., Yeo, M.S. & Kim, K.W. (2012). A study on the occupants use of the blinds in office building. Journal of the architectural institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section, 22(12), 311-318.
- Sanati, L. & Utzinger, M. (2013). The effect of window shading design on occupant use of blinds and electric lighting, Buildings and Environment, 64, 67-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2013.02.013
- Silva, P.C.D., Leal, V. & Andersen, M. (2012). Influence of shading control patterns on the energy assessment of office spaces, Energy and buildings, 50, 35-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2012.03.019
- TRNSYS 17. http://www.trnsys.com
- Tzempelikos, A. & Shen, H. (2013). Comparative control strategies for roller shades with respect to daylighting and energy performance. Building and environment, 67, 179-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2013.05.016
- Vine, E., Lee, E., Clear, R., Dibartolomeo, D. & Selkowitz, S. (1998). Office worker response to an automated Venetian blind and electric lighting system: a pilot study, Energy and Buildings, 28(2), 205-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7788(98)00023-1
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원