- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Establishment of Rebar Quantity Estimation in BIM-based Initial Design Phase
BIM기반 초기 설계 단계 철근 물량 산출 프로세스 구축
- Song, Chi-Ho (Department of Architectural Engineering, DanKook Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chee-Kyeong (Department of Architectural Engineering, DanKook Univ.) ;
- Lee, Si Eun (Department of Information & Communication System, Baekseok Univ.) ;
- Choi, Hyunchul (ChangSoft I&I Research Center)
- Received : 2016.08.05
- Accepted : 2016.09.01
- Published : 2016.10.30
In the meantime, looking at the present status of how to estimationte the quantity of rebar based on 3D BIM getting the limelight in these days, commercial BIM tools provide rebar modeling functions however it takes a vast amount of modeling time for modeling of rebar in use of that function hence there is no BIM software at present for practical use. Therefore, in this study, we organized and presented a practical rebar quantity estimationtion process in BIM-based design work-site and intended to develop a program named Rebar Automatic Arrangement Program - hereinafter called RAAP - which enables automatic rebar arrangement based on much more precise cross-sectional information of bars in column, beam, slab and wall than the one from existing 2D method under the conditions without any cross-sectional information in the initial design phase. In addition, we intended to establish rebar quantity estimationtion process in the initial design phase through interworking of modeling & quantity estimationtion functions in consideration of joint, anchoring length of BuilderHUB as a BIM software with RAAP. The results from this study are practical in developing a technology that is able to estimationte quantity with more improved reliability than the one from existing 2D-based methods with less effort when the quantity of framework is estimationted in the uncompleted state of cross-sectional design for structural members in the initial design phase of a construction project. And it is expected that it could be utilized as a basic study from which a reasonable quantity estimationtion program can be established in the initial design phase.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Addison-Wesley, Addison-Wesley (2014) Essential C# 5.0.
- Architectural Institute of Korea (2009) KBC, Korean Building and Commentary.
- Cho, Y.S., Kim, M..R., Hong, S.C. (2013) A Study on Automatic Reinforcement Placement System of Isolated Foundation based on S-BIM, J. Archit. Inst. Korea Struct.& Constr., 29(11), pp.21-28.
- Choi, H.C., Lee, Y.J., Lee, S.E., Kim, C.K. (2014) Development of 3-Dimensional Rebar Detail Design and Placing Drawing System, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 27(4), pp.289-296. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.4.289
- Eom, J.E., Lee, J.H., Kim, J.H., Choi, I.S. (2014) An Introduction to a BIM-based Automated Reinforcement Modeling System, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 27(3).
- Hong, S.U., Cho, Y.S., Lee, J.H., Hong, S.C. (2011) The Study on Development of Automatic Reinforcement Placing System of Columns for RC Structures based on Parametric Technology, J. Archi. Inst. Korea Struct. & Constr., 27(1), pp.11-18.
- Hyundai Development Company (2010) Reinforced Concrete Reinforcement Details.
- Information Publishing Group (2010) For beginners C# exercises 200.
- Jang, J.W. (2013) The Development of a Rebar Arrangement System for Reinforced Concrete by Applying the Structural BIM-based Lean Design Technique, Master's Thesis, Graduate School of Hanyang University.
- Kim, M.S. (2014) Utilizability of BIM Software Tools in the Early Stage of Architectural Design - Concentrated on Comparative Analysis among Major BIM Softwares, Reg. Assoc. Archi. Inst. Korea, 16(6) pp.65-72.
- Park, S.H. (2014) C# 5.0 Programming to Stimulate the Brain.
- Park, Y.J., Won, S.K., Han, C. H., Lee, J.B. (2011) A Study on 3D BIM Collaborative Approximate Estimating.
- Design and Implementation of Parametric Modeler for Retractable Roof Three-Dimensional Truss vol.31, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2018.31.1.1