- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Factors Affecting the Satisfaction of Collaborative Digital Reference Service Users
협력형 디지털 레퍼런스 서비스의 이용자 만족도 요인 연구
- Received : 2016.07.25
- Accepted : 2016.08.12
- Published : 2016.08.30
The objective of this study was to promote the use of collaborative digital reference service by identifying factors that affect user satisfaction and developing improvement measures based on the findings. Data were collected via a questionnaire administered to the users of the "Ask a Librarian" service and a survey to analyze the frequency and patterns of usage of the service. The survey analyzed the associations among subjects' demographic characteristics, information seeking patterns, factors that influence user recognition, service satisfaction, and follow-up intentions via responses to the questionnaire. Rapidity answers in factors of service satisfaction is found that the high impact of positive (+). According to the result of statistical analysis, the priority of service improvement strategies of digital reference service were suggested.
Collaborative Digital Reference Service;Users satisfaction Factors;Ask-a-Librarian
- 박희진, 박성재. 2013. 내용분석을 통한 대학도서관 디지털 참고정보서비스(전자게시판) 활성화에 관한 연구. 정보관리학회지, 30(4): 175-193. Park, Hee-Jin and Park, Sung-Jae. 2013. "A Study on the Digital Reference Service usingElectronic Bulletin Boards in Academic Libraries through Content Analysis." Journal of theKorean Society for Information Management, 30(4): 175-193.
- 오의경. 2011. 정보활용능력 인지 수준과 도서관 불안 간의 관계 분석. 한국문헌정보학회지, 45(4): 123-137. Oh, Eui-Kyung. 2011. "An Analysis of Relationship Between Self-Cognition Level of InformationLiteracy and Library Anxiety." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and InformationScience, 45(4): 123-137.
- 장혜란, 이경숙. 2014. 협동 디지털참고서비스의 질문분석: 국립중앙도서관의 '사서에게 물어보세요'를 중심으로. 정보관리학회지, 31(4): 7-28. Chang, Hye Rhan and Yi, Kyung Suk. 2014. "Question Analysis of the Collaborative DigitalReference Service at the National Library of Korea." Journal of the Korean Society for InformationManagement, 31(4): 7-28.
- Bergman, E. M. L. and Holden, I. I. 2010. "User Satisfaction with Electronic Reference: A Systematic Review." Reference Services Review, 38(3): 493-509. https://doi.org/10.1108/00907321011084789
- Daft, R. L. and Lengel, H. 1986. "Organizational Information Requirements, Media Richness and Structural Design." Management Science, 32(5): 554-571. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.32.5.554
- Dalton, G. 1992. "Quantitative Approach to User Satisfaction in Reference Service Evaluation." South African Journal of Library & Information Science, 60(2): 89-103.
- Fisher, K. E., Erdelez, S. and McKechinne, L. 2005. Theories of Information Behavior. Medford, NJ: Information Today Inc: xix.
Internet Public Library. 2012. Ask an ipl2 Librarian Question Form. [online]
- Kibbee, J., Ward, D. and Ma, W. 2002. "Virtual Reference, Real Data: Results of a Pilot Study." Reference Services Review, 30(1): 25-36. https://doi.org/10.1108/00907320210416519
- Mon, L. and Janes, J. W. 2007. "The Thank You Study: User Feedback in E-mail Thank You Messages." Reference & User Services Quarterly, 46(4): 53-59. https://doi.org/10.5860/rusq.46n4.53
Nilsen, K. 2004. "The Library Visit Study: User Experiences at the Virtual Reference Desk." Information Research, 9(2). [online] [cited 2015. 2. 12.]
- Palese, A. et al. 2011. "Surgical Patient Satisfaction as an Outcome of Nurses' Caring Behaviors: A Descriptive and Correlational Study in Six European Countries." Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 43(4): 341-350. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2011.01413.x
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A. and Berry, L. L. 1988. "SERVQUAL: A Multiple Item Scale for Measuring Consumer Perception of Service Quality." Journal of Retailing, 64(1):12-40.
Reference and User Services Association. 2005. Guidelines for Implementing and Maintaining Virtual Reference Services. Chicago, IL: American Library Association. [online] [cited 2015. 1. 20.]
Ronan, J. and Turner, C. 2002. Chat reference: A SPEC Kit. Washington, DC: Association of Research Libraries. [online] [cited 2015. 4. 20.]
- Shah, C. and Kitzie, V. 2012. "Social Q&A and Virtual Reference-Comparing Apples and Oranges with the Help of Experts and Users." Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 63(10): 2020-2036. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.22699
- Short, J., Williams, E. and Christie, B. 1976. The Social Psychology of Telecommunications. London, NY: Wiley.
- Simon, H. A. 1982. Models of Bounded Rationality. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press: 32.
- Stone, G. and Collins, E. 2013. "Library Usage and Demographic Characteristics of Undergraduate Students in a UK University." Performance Measurement and Metrics, 14(1): 25-35. https://doi.org/10.1108/14678041311316112
- van Duinkerken, W., Stephens, J. and MacDonald, K. 2009. "The Chat Reference Interview:Seeking Evidence based on RUSA's Guidelines." New Library World, 110(3/4): 107-121. https://doi.org/10.1108/03074800910941310
- Zipf, G. K. 1949. Human Behavior and the Principle of Least Effort. Cambridge, MA:Addison-Wesley Press.