- Volume 65 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Eddy Current Loss Analysis of Slotless Double-sided Cored Type Permanent Magnet Generator by using Analytical Method
해석적 방법을 이용한 슬롯리스 양측식 코어드 타입 영구자석 발전기의 와전류 손실 해석
- Jang, Gang-Hyeon (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jung, Kyoung-Hun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Hong, Keyyong (Offshore Plant Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering) ;
- Kim, Kyong-Hwan (Offshore Plant Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering) ;
- Choi, Jang-Young (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2016.05.11
- Accepted : 2016.08.30
- Published : 2016.10.01
This paper deals with eddy current loss analysis of Slotless Double sided Cored type permanent magnet linear generator by using analytical method, space harmonic method. In order to calculate eddy current, this paper derives analytical solution by the Maxwell equation, magnetic vector potential, Faraday's law and a two-dimensional(2-D) cartesian coordinate system. First, we derived the armature reaction field distribution produced by armature wingding current. Second, by using derived armature reaction field solution, the analytical solution for eddy current density distribution are also obtained. Finally, the analytical solution for eddy current loss induced in permanent magnets(PMs) are derived by using equivalent, electrical resistance calculated from PMs volume and eddy current density distribution solution. The analytical result from space harmonic method are validated extensively by comparing with finite element method(FEM).
Grant : 방파제 연계형 파력발전 융복합 기술개발
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Y. Amara, J. B. Wang, and D. Howe, "Analytical prediction of eddy-current loss in modular tubular permanentmagnet machines," Ieee Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 20, pp. 761-770, Dec 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2005.853732
- M. Leijon, H. Bernhoff, O. Agren, J. Isberg, J. Sundberg, M. Berg, et al., "Multiphysics simulation of wave energy to electric energy conversion by permanent magnet linear generator," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 20, pp. 219-224, Mar 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2004.827709
- B. Drew, A. R. Plummer, and M. N. Sahinkaya, "A review of wave energy converter technology," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part a-Journal of Power and Energy, vol. 223, pp. 887-902, Dec 2009. https://doi.org/10.1243/09576509JPE782
- Kinjiro Yoshida, Yasuhiro Hita, and Katsumi Kesamaru, "Eddy-current loss analysis in PM of surface-mounted-PM SM for electric vehicles," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 36, no.4, pp. 1941-1944, July 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.877827
- Masatsugu Nakano, Haruyuki Kometani, and Mitsuhiro Kawamura, "A Study on eddy-current losses in Rotors of Surface Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Machines," IEEE Ind. Appl., vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 429-435, March 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.870037
- Nannan Zhao, Z. Q. Zhu, and Weiguo Liu, "Rotor eddycurrent loss calculation and thermal analysis of permanent magnet motor and generator," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 4199-4202, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2155042
- Yacine Amara, Pascal Reghem, and Georges Barakat, "Analytical prediction of eddy-current loss in armature winding of permanent magnet brushless AC machines." IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 46, pp. 3481-3484, Aug 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2046885
- Seok-Myeong Jang, Jang-Young Choi, and Sang-Sub Jeong "Electromagnetic Analysis and Control Parameter Estimation of Moving-Coil Linear Oscillatory Actuator," J. Appl. Phys., vol. 99, no 8, 08R307, April 2006.
- Boldea and S. A. Nasar, "Linear electric actuators and generators," IEEE Trans. Energy Conv., vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 712-716, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.790940
- Z. Q. Zhu, D. Howe, C. C. Chan, "Improved Analytical Model for Predicting the Magnetic Field Distribution in Brushless Permanent Magnet Machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 229-238, Jan. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.990112
- K. F. Rasmussen, "Analytical Prediction of Magnetic Field from Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Motors," In. Proc. Int. Electrical Machines and Drives Conf., Seattle, WA, pp. 34-36, 1999.
- Jiabin Wang, Geraint W. Jewell and David Howe, "A General Framework for the Analysis and Design of Tubular Linear Permanent Magnet Machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 1986-2000, May.1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.764898
- Mark Mattew Flynn, "A methodology for evaluating and reducing rotor losses, heating, and operational limitations of high-speed flywheel batteries," Ph.D. Dissertation, The university of Texas at Austin, Texas, USA, 2003.
- Zunquan Kou, Qingchang Tan, Fengjiang He, Fusheng Zheng, Xuan Ma, "Analysis of eddy current loss in axial permanent magnet coupling" 2009 International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 1947-1951, Aug 2009
- Jiabin Wang, K. Atallah, R. Chin, W. M. Arshad, and H. lendenmann, "Rotor eddy-current loss in permanentmagnet brushless AC machines", IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 2701-2707, July 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2042963
- Dahaman Ishak, Z. Q. Zhu, and David Howe, "Eddycurrent loss in the rotor magnets of permanent-magnet brushless machines having a fractional number of slots per pole," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 2462-2469, Sept. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.854337