- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Characteristics of Mesophase Pitch Prepared by Heterogeneous Fluorination Process from Pyrolysis Fuel Oil
열분해잔사유로부터 불균일계 불소화공정에 의해 제조된 메조페이스 피치의 특성
- Kim, Do Young (Department of Chemical engineering and Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Hyun (Department of Chemical engineering and Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Hyung-Ik (The 4th R&D Institute-4, Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Lee, Young-Seak (Department of Chemical engineering and Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2016.09.13
- Accepted : 2016.09.24
- Published : 2016.10.10
In this study, we have prepared mesophase pitch from pyrolysis fuel oil (PFO) by heterogeneous reforming process. This process was conducted by direct fluorination at various temperature and followed by the heat treatment at
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- J. D. Brooks and G. H. Taylor, The formation of graphitizing carbons from the liquid phase, Carbon, 3, 185-186 (1965). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(65)90047-3
- J. D. Brooks and G. H. Taylor, The formation of some graphitizing carbons, In: P.L Walker (ed.), Chemistry and Physics of Carbon, Vol. 4, p. 243-286, Marcel Dekker, USA (1968).
- L. S. Singer, Process for producing high mesophase content pitch fibers, U. S. Patent, 3,919,387 (1975).
- R. J. Diefendorf and D. M. Riggs, Forming optically anisotropic pitches, U. S. Patent, 4,208,267 (1980).
- I. Mochida, E. I. Nakamura, K. Maeda, and K. Takeshida, Carbonization of aromatic hydrocarbon-III: Carbonization catalyzed by alkali metals, Carbon, 13, 489-493 (1975). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(75)90050-0
- M. Sakawa, T. Uno, and Y. Hara, Influence of aluminium chloride on carbonization of coal model compounds and coal derivatives, Fuel, 62, 571 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-2361(83)90228-4
I. Mochida, K. Shimizu, and Y. Korai, Preparation of mesophase pitch from aromatic hydrocarbons by the aid of
$HF/BF_3$, Carbon, 28, 311-319 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(90)90005-J
- I. Mochida, K. Kudo, N. Fukkuda, K. Takeshita, and R. Takahashi, Carbonization of pitches-IV: Carbonization of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons under the presence of aluminum chloride catalyst, Carbon, 13, 135-139 (1975). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(75)90270-5
I. Mochida, K. Shimizu, Y. Korai, Y. Sakai, S. Fujiyama, H. Toshima, and T. Hono, Mesophase pitch catalytically prepared from anthracene with
$HF/BF_3$, Carbon, 30, 55-61 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(92)90106-7
I. Mochida, K. Shimizu, and Y. Korai, Structure and carbonization properties of pitches produced catalytically from aromatic hydrocarbons with
$HF/BF_3$, Carbon, 26, 843-852 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(88)90108-X
Y. Korai, M. Nakamura, I. Mochida, Y. Sakai, and S. Fujiyama, Mesophase pitches prepared from methylnaphthalene by the aid of
$HF/BF_3$, Carbon, 29, 561-567 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(91)90121-X
- M. J. Jung, J. W. Lim, I. J. Park, and Y. S. Lee, Fluorination of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) film and its surface characterization, Appl. Chem. Eng., 21, 317-322 (2010).
- B. K. Lee, J. S. Rho, and H. G. Kim, Surface treatment of polymers using direct fluorination, Polym. Sci. Technol., 13, 751-758 (2002).
- H. Touhara and F. Okino, Property control of carbon materials by fluorination, Carbon, 38, 241-267 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(99)00140-2
A. Tressaud, E. Durand, and C. Labrugere, Surface modification of several carbon-based materials: comparison between
$CF_4$rf plasma and direct $F_2$-gas fluorination routes, J. Fluor. Chem., 125, 1639-1648 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluchem.2004.09.022
- Y. S. Lee and B. K. Lee, Surface properties of oxyfluorinated PAN-based carbon fibers, Carbon, 40, 2461-2468 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(02)00152-5
- S. K. Ryu, S. J. In, J. Y. Kim, and B. S. Rhee, Mesophase pitch from hexane-insolunble coal tar pitch, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 27, 712-718 (1989).
Y. Wang, Y. Korai, I. Mochida, K. Nagayama, H. Hatano, and N. Fukuda, Modification of synthetic mesophase pitch with iron oxide,
$Fe_2O_3$, Carbon, 39, 1627-1634 (2011).
- M. I. Lomaev, V. S. Skakun, E. A. Sosnin, V. F. Tarasenko, D. V. Shitts, and M. V. Erofeev, Excilamps: efficient sources of spontaneous UV and VUV radiation, Phys. Usp., 46, 193-209 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1070/PU2003v046n02ABEH001308
- E. Mora, R. Santamaria, C. Blanco, M. Granda, and R. Menendez, Mesophase development in petroleum and coal-tar pitches and their blends, J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 68-69, 409-424 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-2370(03)00034-2
- A. H. Wazir and L. Kakakhel, Preparation and characterization of pitch-based carbon fibers, New Carbon Mater., 24, 83-88 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1872-5805(08)60039-6
- Y. Yamada, H. Honda, and T. Abe, Production of binder pitch from petroleum vacuum residue, J. Jpn. Pet. Inst., 18, 758-764 (1979).
- Y. Cheng, C. Fang, J. Su, R. Yu, and T. Li, Carbonization behavior and mesophase conversion kinetics of coal tar pitch using a low temperature molten salt method, J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 109, 90-97 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2014.07.009
- S. Kumar and M. Srivastava, Catalyzing mesophase formation by transition metals, J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 112, 192-200 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2015.01.029
- Z. S. Gui, W. B. Cheng, and S. Quan, Effect of physical disturbance on the structure of needle coke, Chin. Phys. B, 19, 108101 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1088/1674-1056/19/10/108101