- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Single-stage Thermophilic and Mesophilic Anaerobic Sewage Sludge Digestion
단상 고온 및 중온 혐기성 하수 슬러지의 소화 공정 비교
- Jang, Hyun Min (School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology,) ;
- Choi, Suk Soon (Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Semyung University) ;
- Ha, Jeong Hyub (Department of Integrated Environmental Systems, Pyeongtaek University)
- Received : 2016.08.31
- Accepted : 2016.09.19
- Published : 2016.10.10
In this study, single-stage continuous anaerobic reactors to treat sewage sludge were operated under different temperature (55 and
- Korea Ministry of Environment (KME), Sewage Sludge Management, Seoul, South Korea, 281-311 (2014).
- Korea Ministry of Environment (KME), Sewage Sludge Management, Seoul, South Korea, 215-278 (2011).
- W. Zhang, Q. Wei, S. Wu, D. Qi, W. Li, Z. Zuo, and R. Dong, Batch anaerobic co-digestion of pig manure with dewatered sewage sludge under mesophilic conditions, Appl. Energy, 128, 175-183 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.04.071
- X. Liu, W. Wang, Y. Shi, L. Zheng, X. Gao, W. Qiao, and Y. Zhou, Pilot-scale anaerobic co-digestion of municipal biomass waste and waste activated sludge in China: Effect of organic loading rate, Waste Manag., 32, 2056-2060 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2012.03.003
- J. Abubaker, K. Risberg, and M. Pell, Biogas residues as fertilisers- Effects on wheat growth and soil microbial activities, Appl. Energy, 99, 126-134 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2012.04.050
- Y. Li, S. Y. Park, and J. Zhu, Solid-state anaerobic digestion for methane production from organic waste, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev., 15(1), 821-826 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2010.07.042
- S. Krugel, L. Nemeth, and C. Peddle, Extending thermophilic anaerobic digestion for producing class a biosolids at the greater vancouver reginal districts Annacis island wastewater treatment plant, Water Sci. Technol., 38(8-9), 409-416 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0273-1223(98)00718-5
- M. A. de la Rubia, L. I. Romero, D. Sales, and M. Perez, Temperature conversion (mesophilic to thermophilic) of municipal sludge digestion, AIChE J., 51(9), 2581-2586 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.10546
- APHA, Standard Methods for the Examination of water and Wastewater, 20th ed., 13-147, American Public Health Association (APHA), Washington DC, USA (1998).
- L. Appels, J. Baeyens, J. Degreve, and R. Dewil, Principles and potential of the anaerobic digestion of waste-activated sludge, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., 34(6), 755-781 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2008.06.002
- M. Kim, Y. H. Ahn, and R. E. Speece, Comparative process stability and efficiency of anaerobic digestion: mesophilic vs. thermophilic, Water Res., 36, 4369-4385 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(02)00147-1
- B. K. Ahring, M. Sandberg, and I. Angelidaki, Volatile fatty acids as indicators of process imbalance in anaerobic digestors, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 43, 559-565 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00218466