- Volume 41 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Current Status of ACE Format Libraries for MCNP at Nuclear Data Center of KAERI
- Kim, Do Heon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Gil, Choong-Sup (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Young-Ouk (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.07.17
- Accepted : 2016.09.19
- Published : 2016.09.30
Background: The current status of ACE format MCNP/MCNPX libraries by NDC of KAERI is presented with a short description of each library. Materials and Methods: Validation calculations with recent nuclear data evaluations ENDF/BV-II. 0, ENDF/B-VII.1, JEFF-3.2, and JENDL-4.0 have been carried out by the MCNP5 code for 119 criticality benchmark problems taken from the expanded criticality validation suite supplied by LANL. The overall performances of the ACE format KN-libraries have been analyzed in comparison with the results calculated with the ENDF/B-VII.0-based ENDF70 library of LANL. Results and Discussion: It was confirmed that the ENDF/B-VII.1-based KNE71 library showed better performances than the others by comparing the RMS errors and
- Trellue HR, Little RC, White MC, MacFarlane RE, Kahler AC. ENDF70: A continuous-energy MCNP neutron data library based on ENDF/B-VII.0. Nucl. Technol. 2009; 168:832-836. https://doi.org/10.13182/NT09-2
- Conlin JL, Parsons DK, Gardiner SJ, Kahler AC, Lee MB, White MC, Gray MG. Continuous energy neutron cross section data tables based upon ENDF/B-VII.1. Los Alamos National Laboratory LA-UR-13-20137. 2013;1-2.
- Mosteller RD. An expanded criticality validation suite for MCNP. Los Alamos National Laboratory LA-UR-10-06230. 2010;1-226.
- MacFarlane RE, Muir DW, Boicourt RM, Kahler AC. The NJOY nuclear data processing system, version 2012. Los Alamos National Laboratory LA-UR-12-27079. 2012;493-544.
- Kim DH, Gil CS, Kim JD, Chang J. Comparisons of the MCNP criticality benchmark suite with ENDF/B-VI.8, JENDL-3.3, and JEFF-3.0. ICNC2003: The Seventh International Conference on Nuclear Criticality Safety. Tokai Japan. October 20-24, 2003.