- Volume 42 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the Antioxidant and Human Neutrophil Elastase Inhibitory Activities of Mushroom Ramaria formosa Extracts
붉은싸리버섯 추출물의 항산화 및 Human Neutrophil Elastase 저해활성
- Kim, Kwan-Chul (Innoskin Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kwon, Yong-Beom (Department of Food and Nutrition, Hanman University) ;
- Jang, Hae-Dong (Department of Food and Nutrition, Hanman University) ;
- Kim, Jae Wha (Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology) ;
- Jeong, Jae Cheol (Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology) ;
- Lee, Ik-Soo (Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Ha, Byung-Jo (Department of Public Health, Eulji University) ;
- Yoo, Ick-Dong (Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology)
- 김관철 (이노스킨(주) 피부과학연구소) ;
- 권용범 (한남대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 장해동 (한남대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김재화 (한국생명공학연구원) ;
- 정재철 (한국생명공학연구원) ;
- 이익수 (한국한의학연구원) ;
- 하병조 (을지대학교 보건학과) ;
- 유익동 (한국생명공학연구원)
- Received : 2016.08.04
- Accepted : 2016.09.26
- Published : 2016.09.30
In searching for novel agents for skin anti-aging from natural resources, we found that the extract of the fruiting bodies of Ramaria formosa (R. formosa) had significant antioxidant and human neutrophil elastase (HNE) inhibitory activities. R. formosa extract exhibited a considerable DPPH radical scavenging activity with an antioxidant content of 117.0mg/mL (ascorbic acid equivalents) at the concentration of
Supported by : 중소기업청
- A. Singh, Handbook of free radicals and antioxidants in biomedicine, eds. J. Miquel, A. T. Quintanilha, and H. Weber, 17, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida (2000).
- C. Pierlot, J. Aubry, K. Briviba, H. Sies, and P. Mascio, Singlet oxygen, UV-A, and ozone, eds. L. Packer and H. Sies, 319, 3, Academic Press, San diego, California (2000).
- X. Ren, Y. Shi, D. Zhao, M. Xu, Y. Dang, and X. Ye, Naringin protects ultraviolet B-induced skin damage by regulating p38 MAPK signal pathway, J. Dermatol. Sci., 82(2), 106 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdermsci.2015.12.008
- J. Patwardhan and P. Bhatt, UV-B protective effect of flavonoids from Euhenia caryophylata on human dermal fibroblast cells, Pharmacogn. Mag., 11(Suppl), S397 (2015). https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-1296.168979
- M. Hochberd and C. D. Enk, Partial protection against epidemal IL-10 transcription and langerhans cell depletion by sunscreens after exposure of human skin to UVB, Photochem. Photobiol., 70(5), 766 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1751-1097.1999.tb08281.x
J. H. Yang, Y. H. Hwang, M. J. Gu, W. K. Cho, and J. Y. Ma, Ethanol extracts of Sanguisorba officinalis L. suppress TNF-
$\alpha$/IFN- $\gamma$-induced pro-inflammatory chemokine production in HaCaT cells, Phytomedicine, 22(14), 1262 (2015) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2015.09.006
- N. K. Nema, N. Maity, B. K. Sarkar, and P. K. Mukherjee, Matrix metalloproteinase, hyaluronidase and elastase inhibitory potential of standardized extract of Centella asiatica, Pharm. Biol., 51(9), 1182 (2013). https://doi.org/10.3109/13880209.2013.782505
- S. K. Han, J. W. Cho, H. J. Cho, H. J. Kim, and Y. M. Lee, A field guide to mushroom, 386, Korea national arboretum, Hwang TS, Geobook, Seoul (2013).
- C. H. Ramesh and M. G. Patter, Antimicrobial properties, antioxidant activity and bioactive compounds from six wild edible mushrooms of western ghats of Karnataka, India, Pharmacognosy Res., 2(2), 107 (2010). https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-8490.62953
- K. Lui, J. Wang, L. Zhao, and Q. Wang, Anticancer, antioxidant and antibiotic activities of mushroom Ramaria flava, Food Chem. Toxicol., 58, 375 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2013.05.001
- G. Sadi, A Kaya, H. A. Yalcin, B. Emsen, A. Kocabas, D. I. Kartal, and A. Altay, Wild edible mushroom from turkey as possible anticancer agents on HepG2 cells together with their antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, Int. J. Med. Mushrooms, 18(1), 83 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.v18.i1.100
- I. S. Yoo, M. S. Woo, E. C. Choi, and B. K. Kim, Studies on constituents of higher fungi of Korea (XXXIV), antitumor components of Ramaria formosa, Kor. J. Mycol., 10(4), 165 (1982).
- R. Zhang, G. Tian, L. Zhao, H. Wang, and T. B. Ng, A novel ribonuclease with HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitory activity purified from the fungus Ramaria formosa, J. Basic Microbiol., 55(2), 269 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1002/jobm.201300876
- K. C. Kim, I. C. Lee, I. D. Yoo, and B. J. Ha, Sesquiterpenes from the fruiting bodies of Ramaria formosa and their human neutrophil elastase inhibitory activity, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 63(7), 554 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.c15-00051
- I. C. Lee, K. C. Kim, I. D. Yoo, and B. J. Ha, Inhibition of human neutrophil elastase by labdane diterpenes from the fruiting bodies of Ramaria formosa, Biosci. Biotech. Biochem., 79(12), 1921 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1080/09168451.2015.1065168
- I. D. Yoo, J. P. Kim, W. G. Kim, B. S. Yun, and I. J. Ryoo, Development of new natural anti-oxidants for cosmeceuticals, J. Soc. Cosmet. Sci. Korea, 31(4), 349 (2005).
- H. Kurihara, H. Fukami, S. Asami, Y. Toyoda, and M. Nakai, Effects of oolong tea on plasma antioxidative capacity in mice loaded with restraint stress assessed using the oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) assay, Biol. Pharm. Bull., 27(7), 1093 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.27.1093
- H. Kanter, Free radicals, exercies and antioxidant supplementation, Proc. Nutr. Soc., 75(3), 9 (1998).
- J. Y. Bae, H. N. Jang, J. H. Ha, J. H. Park, J. Park, and S. M. Park, Antimicrobial activities of Licorice extracts from various countries of origin according to extraction conditions, Korean J. Micribiol. Biotechnol., 42(4), 361 (2014). https://doi.org/10.4014/kjmb.1408.08002
- G. H. Xu, J. W. Kim, I. J. Ryoo, S. J. Choo, and I. D. Yoo, Lactariolines a and b: new guaiane sesquiterpenes with a modulatory effect on interferon- gamma production from the fruiting bodies of Lactarius hatsudake, J. Antibiotics, 63(6), 335 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1038/ja.2010.43
- I. S. Lee, I. J. Ryoo, K. Y. Kwon, J. S. Ahn, and I. D. Yoo, Pleurone, a novel human neutrophil elastase inhibitor from the fruiting bodies of the mushroom Pleurotus eryngii var. ferulae, J. Antibiotics, 64(8), 587 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1038/ja.2011.47
- Y. Li, W. Xia, Y. Liy, H. A. Remmer, and G. I. Fisher, Solar ultraviolet irradiation induces decorin degradation in human skin likely via neutrophil elastase, PLoS One, 8(8), e72563 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0072563
- D. L. Sachs, L. Rittie, H. A. Chubb, J. Orringer, and J. J. Voorhees, Hypo-collagenesis in photoaged skin predicts response to anti-aging cosmeceuticals, J. Cosmet. Dermatol., 12(2), 108 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12037
- Y. R. Helfrich, D. L. Sachs, and J. J. Voorhees, Overview of skin aging and photoaging, Dermatol. Nurs., 20(3), 177 (2008).