- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Relation of Resilience, Positive Psychological Capital and School Adaptation of Middle School Students of Broken Family
결손가족 중학생과 일반가정 중학생의 긍정심리자본과 학교생활적응의 비교
- Kim, Su-Jin (Buyeo Women's Middle School) ;
- Kim, Myung-Shig (Jeonju University) ;
- Yeo, Suk-Hyun (Jeonju University)
- Received : 2016.08.02
- Accepted : 2016.09.20
- Published : 2016.09.28
This study is to testify the differences between middle school students of normal and broken family and the effect of positive psychological capital on their school life adaptation. The main results are as follows. First, the middle school students of broken family showed lower level in self-efficacy, hope, resilience and optimism (positive psychological capital) than students of normal family. Second, the middle school students of broken family also showed lower level in school adaptation than students of normal family. Third, positive psychological capital was positively correlated with school adaptation in both groups of them. Fourth, self-efficacy, hope and optimism positively influenced school adaptation in students of normal family, only hope of positive psychological capital did it in students of broken family. It seemed that especially hope of positive psychological capital of broken family's students was very important and should be focused in planning and practicing interventions for them. The limitation and future tasks were discussed.
- Sang-Chul, Han, "Adolescents' Risk Behavior and Quality of Life: The Role of Protective Factors on Risk Behavior." Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 99-116, 2006.
- Yun-Hee, Kim, Gyeol-Ja, Cho, & Mi-Young, Cho, "The Study of Comparison Home Envoronmental Elements with Self-Conceptions & Mental Health in adolescence." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 26, No.1, pp. 96-114, 1986.
- I-Jong, Kwon, The Understanding of Adolescents. Seoul: Kyoyook, 2016.
- Young-Suk, Yun, "The Relationship between the using SmartPhone and Mental Health State of Moddle School Students - Focused on Schools in EastIncheon District Office of Education." Master dissertation, Inha University, 2013.
- Eun-Kyung, Kim, "Family Caregiver's Level of Burden and Health Status According to Home Care Client's Activities of Daily Living." Master dissertation, Kyungbook National University, 2005.
- Bueom-Jae, Lee, "The Study of Middle School Students' School Maladjustment."Master dissertation, Chung-Ang University, 1991.
- Korean Standard Unabridiged Dictionary. Seoul: The National Institute of The Korean Language, 2008.
- Population and Housing Census. Seoul: National Statistical Office, 2010.
- Byung-Gyu, Son, "The Influence of Self-Esteem on Interpersonal Relation and Maladptive Behavior." Master dissertation, Chongshin University, 2007.
- Chn-O, Jang, "Effect of Family Functions on Adaptation of dolescents:with focus on application of psychology and school." Ph. D. dissertation. Honam University, 2013.
- Sun-Il, Gyeong, "Analysis of Relations Between Middle School Students' Self-Efficacy and School Life Adjustment and Academic Achievement." Master dissertation. Kangwon University, 2006.
- Jeon-In, Kim, "A Study of Self-Efficacy and School Aaptation of High School Students." Master dissertation. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 2006.
- Hyo-Hyun, Yoo, "A Study on the relationship among self-efficacy, learning motivation and school adjustment." Master dissertation. Hongik University, 2001.
- C. R.. Snyder, "Conceptualizing, measuring, and nurturing hope." Journal of Counseling and Development, Vol. 73, pp. 355-360, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6676.1995.tb01764.x
- Eun-Young, Jang, "A Study on the Influences of Hope on Achievement Motivation, School Adjustment, Psychological Well-Being - An object of study : general and vocational high school students." Master dissertation, Hanyang University, 2004
- J. Block, J., Block, & S. Keyes, "Longitudinally foretelling drug use in adolescence: Early childhood personality and environmental precursors." Child Development, Vol. 59, pp. 339-355, 1988.
- Ji-Yeon, Shin, "A Study on TheEffect of Parents' Child-Rearing Attitude Perceived by Children on Ego-resilience of Students in middle School." Master dissertation, ,Catholic University of Daegu, 2004.
- Eun-Hee, Park, "The Relationship between Egoresilience, IQ and Academic Achievement." Master dissertation. Chungnam National University, 1997.
- C. S. Carver, J. G. Gaines, "Optimism, pessimism, and postpartum depression." Cognitive Therapy and Research, Vol. 11, pp. 449-462, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01175355
- Da-Jeong, Jeon, "The Relationship of Adolescents' Optimism, Perceived Social support and school happiness." Sookmyung Women's University, 2012.
- Su-Ji, Moon, "A Study on needs of adolescents of broken family." Master dssertation, Soongsil University, 1996.
- Ho-Yeon, Kim, "A Study on Personality traits of students from broken home and the ones from normal home." Master dissertation. Kangwon National University, 1995.
- Mi-Ra, Lee, "Qualitative study about effect of broken family adolescent social support system on career-decision process." Master dissertation, Musan National University, 2005.
- Hyoun-Yon, Kwon, "Development of At-risk Youth Rating Scales based on the Qualitative Research of Psychosocial Factors." Ph. D. dissertatioin. Jeonbuk National university, 2010.
- Suk-Hee, Kang, "A Study of healing communication for teenagers in broken families." Master dissertation. Baekseok University, 2012.
- Byeong-Kyu, Son, "The Effect of self-esteem of adolescents in broken family on interpersonla relation and maladptive bahavior." Master dissertation. Chongshin University, 2007.
- M. E. P. Seligman, Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life. Pocket Books, 1989.
- F. Luthans, "The need for and meaning of positive organizational behavior." Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 23, pp. 695-370, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.165
- A. Bandura, A. Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc, 1986.
- B. L. Fredrickson, B. L., & C. Branigan, C, "Positive emotions broaden the scope of attention and thought-action repertoires." Cognition and Emotion, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 313-332, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699930441000238
- Ju-Yeon, Jun, "Influences of the Positive psychological capital which adolescents perceivedon career barriers and career preparation behaviors." Master dissertation. Soonchunhyan University, 2014.
- Young-Do, Park, "The Effect of parents' involvement and parenting attitudes which adolescents perceive on motivation to learn." Master dissertation. Keimyung University, 2005.
- Yeo-Myung, Yun, "The Influence of elementary students' extracurricular education on mental health and school adjustment." Master dissertation. Seoul National University of Education, 2003.
- Byung-Chan, Kim, "A Study on self-efficacy and school life of high school students." Master dissertation. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 1995.
- Sue-Yun, Cho, "Social support and school adaptation of adolescents of normal and broken family." Master dissertation. Kangnam University 2012.
- Yong-Rae, Kim, "The Correlation Study of adolescents' temperament and Character on the juvenile delinquency." Master dissertation. Jeonju University 2000.
- Myung-Shig, Kim, "A Psychological Consideratio for Psychological Unification of North and South Korea." Journal of Digital Convergence.. Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 555-562, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.555
- Y. J. Lee, "A Study on Parent-Children Relation Influences on Internet Excess Utility of Adolescent in Digital Period." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 103-111, 2011.
- Yeob-Myeong Son, Byeong-Soo Jung, "Convergence Development of Video and E-learning System for Education Disabled Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 113-119, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.113
- Chun-Ok Jang, "A Study on Convergence Family Function and parameter validation fusion of youth protection factor", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 121-126, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.121