- Volume 14 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Influence of Burnout on Job Commitment in Dental Hygienists: in the Gyeongsang-do region
치과위생사의 소진이 직무몰입에 미치는 영향: 경상도 지역을 중심으로
- Lee, Jae-Cheol (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Kangwon National University) ;
- Roh, Hyo-Lyun (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2016.04.14
- Accepted : 2016.09.20
- Published : 2016.09.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of the burnout of dental hygienists on their job commitment. The subjects were 156 dental hygienists. Structured questionnaire surveys were conducted. Maslash Burnout Inventory scale and the tool developed by Kang was used. The burnout and job commitment was each divided into three factors; emotional depletion, accomplishment decrease and dehumanizing and organizational commitment, career commitment, and work commitment. The dental hygienists' burnout score was 3.77 points and commitment score was 3.53 points. Burnout was higher among those with clinical careers shorter than five years and smaller numbers of colleague. Those with higher burnout showed higher career involvement and those with longer careers and higher salaries showed higher organizational commitment. Dental hygienists' career that higher burnout was associated with lower degrees of job commitment. Therefore, efficient manpower management should be ways to maintain of their carrer and increase the salary.
- H. Y. Kim, J. O. Choi, M. G. Seong, "The effect of self-efficacy and job satisfaction of dental hygienists' on the organizational commitment and turn over intention." The Journal of Korean Academy of Dental Hygiene Education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 213-223, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.1.213
- B. Poland, M. Dooris, "A green health future: The settings approach to building health, equity and sustainability." Critical Public Health, Vol. 20, Issue. 3, pp. 281-298, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/09581596.2010.502931
- S. H. Jeong, Y. K. Seo, E. Y. Son, Y. H. Choi, K. B. Song, "Analysis of job satisfaction and related factors of dental auxiliaries." Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 281-292, 2005.
- S. H. Kim, Y. S. Yang, "A meta analysis of variables related to burnout of nurse in Korea." Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 387-400, 2015.
- A. P. Brief, "Turnover among hospital nurses-a suggested model." Journal of Nursing Administration, Vol. 6, No. 8, pp. 5-58, 1976.
- Y. J. Oh, Y. H. Choi, "Effects of emotional labor, job stress and burnout on somatization in nurses: In convergence area." Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 415-424, 2015.
- W. B. Schaufeli, A. B. Bakker, "Job demands, job resources, and their relationship with burnout and engagement: A multi-sample study." Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 293-315, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.248
- Maslach. C, Jackson. S. E, "The measurement of experienced burnout." Journal of Occupational Behavior", Vol. 2, pp. 99-113, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030020205
- Cordes. C. L, Dougherty. T. W, "A review and an integration of research on job burnout." Academy of Management Review, Vol. 18, pp. 621-656, 1993. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1993.9402210153
- Y. M. Cho, "The influence of autonomy, competency, relatedness on burnout among nurses." Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp.491-500, 2014.
- Y. S. Kim, E. Y. Chung, J. Na. Kim, Y. J. Seo. "The effect of emotional labor on job stress, burnout and job satisfaction of hospital nurses." Korean Public Health Research, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 75-88, 2014.
- Y. S. Kim, H. S. Yoon, "Burnout among clinical dental hygienists and its coping behaviors." Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 7, No. 4 pp. 225-233, 2007.
- S. B. Jeong, E. M. Choi, J. S. Choi. "The effects of emotional labor on burnout, turnover intention, and job satisfaction among clinical dental hygienists." Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 38, No, 1, pp. 50-58, 2014.. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.1.50
- Y. S. Kim, H. S. Yoon, "A study on burnout and organizational effectiveness of dental hygienists." Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 8, No. 4 pp. 291-297. 2008.
- I. H. Park, J. H. Yoon, H. E. Kim, B. I. Kim, H. K. Kwon, "Factors affecting the job satisfaction and the organizational commitment of a employee work in for dental institutes in the Seoul metropolitan area." Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 32, No, 3, pp. 339-349, 2008.
- J. S. Kang, "A study of interrelationships, and effects on withdrawal intention of social workers' commitment forms." Korean Journal of Social Welfare studies, Vol. 37, pp. 267-294, 2008.
- S. J. Lee, H. Y. Cho, "Work reality of dental assistant." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 153-159, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.153
- Y. G. Kim, M. S. Choe, G. T. Jeong, Y. H. Kim, "A study on relation to empowerment of dental hygienist and immersion of duty and devotion of organization." Korean Journal of Hospital Management, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 76-110, 2003.
- O. J. Ju, K. S. Kim, H. O. Lee, "Analysis of the correlation of job satisfaction to turnover among dental hygienists in the region of J". Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 251-256, 2007.
- G. W. Jang, G. R. Lee, "A study on the job satisfaction of the dental hygienists. Journal of Dental Hygiene Science", Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 35-39, 2006.
- I. S. Lee, M. S. Park, M. G. Jeong, "A Study on the effect of job burnout - based on the professions working in financial companies." Korean Journal of Hospital Management, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 2879-2900, 2007.
- J. Y. Han, E. M. Choi, K. Y. Ji, "A study on the strategy to develop human resources in the green health industry." The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 297-306, 2012.
- S. J. Oh, H. S. Yang, "A study on related to test and evaluation of nursing information system." The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 45-54, 2013.
- S. J. Lee, G. Y. Cho, S. H. Song, J. S. Jang, K. I. Lee, T. R. Lee, "Solution for efficient vital data transmission and storing in m-health environment." Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 227-235, 2015.
- G. Y. Cho, "Research on a method for efficient u-healthcare data transmission in M2M environment." Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 251-257, 2014.
- K. A. Jang, H. S. Lee, "Factors Affecting the Self Esteem of a Convergence Dental Hygienist", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 177-186, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.177