- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Smartphone Color-Code based Gate Security Control
- Han, Sukyoung ;
- Lee, Minwoo ;
- Mariappan, Vinayagam ;
- Lee, Junghoon ;
- Lee, Seungyoun ;
- Lee, Juyoung ;
- Kim, Jintae ;
- Cha, Jaesang
- Received : 2016.08.08
- Accepted : 2016.09.02
- Published : 2016.09.30
Smart building gate security control system using smartphone integrated with near field communication (NFC) has become part of daily life usage these days. The technology change in replacing RF NFC device using visible light communication technology based approach growing faster in recent days. This paper propose a design and development of gate security control system using color code based user authentication ID generation as part of an intelligent access control system to control automatic door open and close. In this approach gate security access control use the recent visible light communication technology trends to transfer the user specific authentication code to door access control system using color code on smartphone screen. Using a camera in the door access control system (ACS), color codes on smartphone screens are detected and matched to the database of authenticated user to open the door automatically in gate security system. We measure the visual light communication technology efficiency as a part of the research and the experiments have revealed that more than 95% users authenticated correctly at the suggested experiment environment on gate security control system.
Visible Light Communication;Color-Code;NFC;ACS;Mobile Device;User Authentication;Gate Lock;Smartphone APPS
- Vinayagam Mariappan, Min Woo Lee, Jin Yeong Choi, Myung suk Ann, Ju Phil Cho, Jaekwon Shin, Jae Sang Cha, " A Study on Color Interior Point method based LED-ID Color Code Design," Korea Association of Film & TV, KRAFT Vol.17 June 2016
- Chi-Huang Hung, Ying-Wen Bai,Je-Hong Ren,"Design and Implementation of a Door Lock Control Based on a Near Field Communication of a Smartphone,", International Conference on Consumer Electronics-Taiwan (ICCE-TW), IEEE 2015
- B, Chae, M. Kim and I. Oh, "Code overlap output system code using color channel", KR Patent, No. 1012270550000, (2013)
- H. Endo, "Two-Dimensional Code Reader and Program", KR Patent, No. 1020127008099, (2012).
- H. Zhang, M. Fathy and R. Chellappa, "Touch Gesture-Based Active User Authentication Using Dictionaries", 2015 IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision, (2015), pp. 207-214.
- E. Monteiro and S. Hranilovic, "Constellation design for color-shift keying using interior point methods," in Proc. IEEE Globecom Workshops, Anaheim, CA, USA, 2012, pp. 1224-1228.
- R. Guidorizzi, "Security: Active authentication", IEEE IT Professional Magazine, vol. 15, no. 4, (2013), pp. 4-7.
- Nurbek Saparkhojayev, Aigul Dauitbayeva, Aybek Nurtayev, and Gulnaz Baimenshina, "NFC-enabled Access Control and Management System", 2014 International Conference on Web and Open Access to Learning (ICWOAL), pp.1-4, Nov. 25-27 2014.
- IEEE 802.15.7 Standard for Local and Metropolitan area networks. (2011). Part 15.7: Short-range Wireless Optical Communication Using Visible Light.
- K.-I. Ahn and J. K. Kwon, "Color intensity modulation for multicolored visible light communications," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., vol. 24, no. 24, pp. 2254-2257, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPT.2012.2226570
- O. Nouar and G. Ali, "Improved Object Tracking with Camshift Algorithm", IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, France, (2006), pp. 657-660.
- Am-Suk Oh, "A Study on Automatic Doorway Access Control System Including Server Based On Bluetooth Local Communication," International Journal of Control and Automation Vol.8, No.11 (2015)
- Catalin, L., Vasile-Gheorghita, G., Valeriu, L.: Security enhancement of internet banking applications by using multimodal biometrics. 2015 IEEE 13th International Symposium on, 47-52 (2015)
- Hung-I, H., Junghsi, L.: Fingerprint image cryptography based on multiple chaotic systems. Signal Processing, 169-181 (2015)
- Bradski, G.: Computer vision face tracking for use in a perceptual user interface. Intel Technology Journal (1998)
- Comaniciu, D., Ramesh, V.: Mean shift and optimal prediction for efficient object tracking. IEEE int. Conf. Image Processing, Canada, 70--73 (2000)
Supported by : Small and Medium Business Administration