- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
IP Studio Infrastructure intended for Modern Production and TV broadcasting Facilities
- Mfitumukiza, Joseph (Media IT Engineering, Seoul National University, of Science and Tech.) ;
- Mariappan, Vinayagam (Media IT Engineering, Seoul National University, of Science and Tech.) ;
- Lee, Minwoo (Graduate School of Nano IT Design Fusion., Seoul National Univ. of Science & Tech.) ;
- Lee, Seungyoun (Dept. of Electrical Information Control, Dongseoul College) ;
- Lee, Junghoon (Dept. of Electrical Information Control, Dongseoul College) ;
- Lee, Juyoung (Dept. of Electrical Information Control, Dongseoul College) ;
- Lim, Yunsik (Dept. of Electricty, Yeoju institute of Technology) ;
- Cha, Jaesang (Media IT Engineering, Seoul National University, of Science and Tech.)
- Received : 2016.08.08
- Accepted : 2016.09.02
- Published : 2016.09.30
In the TV broadcasting, movie production and business the transportation of video between creators (programmers, studios) and distributors (broadcast and cable networks, cable and satellites companies) is still a mix of File Transfer Protocol (FTP), physical delivery, and expensive multicast satellite. Cloud-based file sync-and-share providers like Dropbox and box are playing an increasing role, but the industry's unique demands for speed and multicasting have fueled the growth of IP Video transport. This paper gives a solid grasp of the major elements of IP video technology, including content preparation, system architecture alternatives and network performance management.
SDI Technology;Broadcasting facilities;IP Technology;Gateways
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology
- K. Kerpez et al., "IPTV Service Assurance," IEEE Commun.Mag., vol. 44, no. 9, Sept. 2006, pp. 166-72.
- C. Cicconetti et al., "Quality of Service Support in IEEE 802.16 Networks," IEEE Network, vol. 20, no. 2, Mar.2006, pp. 50-55 https://doi.org/10.1109/MNET.2006.1607896
- T. M. Cover, "Broadcast Channels," IEEE Trans. Info. Theory, vol. IT-18, Jan. 1972, pp. 2-14.
- Graham Mills, Nick Wells, Andrew Dumbreck "Addressing Future Growth in Broadcast TV and Video Consumption on Mobile Devices" Commercial Module, DVB, UK, RAI Amsterdam conference 8-12 September 2015
- C. yen Ong et al., "Technology and Standards of Digital Television Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcasting," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 48, no. 5, May 2010, pp. 119-27. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2010.5458372
- SMPTE, 2015, ST 2059-2:2015, SMPTE Profile for use of IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol in Professional Broadcast Applications
- Peter Chave "Routing Live Uncompressed Production Video on IP Networks" Cisco Systems July 30th 2014 - 09:17 AM
- Catherine SERRE, Thomson R&D, France "A first step toward the IP-based TV production" Information Technology for European Advancement
- IEEE Standard for a Precision Clock Synchronization Protocol for Networked Measurement and Control Systems, IEEE Std. IEEE-1588-2002, 2002.