- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Safe Bike : Secure your Bicycle with this smart Arduino based GPS device
- Godfrey, Daniel (Division of Information and communication technology, Semyung University) ;
- Song, Mi-Hwa (Division of Information and communication technology, Semyung University)
- Received : 2016.07.04
- Accepted : 2016.07.30
- Published : 2016.09.30
This proposed project is about a bicycle anti theft devised system which helps people protect the bicycle from theft and helps to track the stolen bicycle's location using a smart phone. Safety bike uses two main devices to keep the bicycle secured, the vibration sensor and GPS sensor. The purpose of this project is to put all these small devices into one well connected system which will help the bicycle owner have more control over the security of his own bicycle. The whole system can be divided into two main parts. The first part is about the hardware development whereby all electronics components are connected via the circuit design using wire wrapping technique. This hardware part includes, a vibrations sensor, a GPS receiver, a toggle switch, LED light, Bluetooth and a buzzer. Wireless Bluetooth signals are used as the means of communication between the smartphone and the microcontroller. The second part is the software part which is being to program and control the whole system. The program is written using MikroBasic, a full-featured Basic compiler for microcontroller based systems. In conclusion, this system is designed to enable user to have control in securing his/her bicycle also being able to find and locate it at any time using GPS receiver and mobile android application.
- Gregory T.French, "An introduction to Global Positioning System", First Edition,2009.
- UnderstandingBluetooth: http://www.hp.com/rnd/library/pdf/understandingBluetooth.pdf
- El-Medany, W.M.; Alomary, A.; Al-Hakim, R.; Al-Irhayim, S.; Nousif, M., "Implementation of GPRSBased Positioning System Using PIC Microcontroller," Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN), 2010 Second International Conference on , vol., no., pp.365,368, 28-30 July 2010
- CORINA DANIELA CUNTAN, IOAN BACIU, CAIUS PANOIU , CEZARA-LILIANA RA." The implementation of a set of controls in an Arduino ATMEGA 2560 microcontroller system", ISBN: 978-960-474-328-5.
- El-Medany,W.;Al-Omary,A.;Al-Hakim,R.;Al-Irhayim,S.;Nusaif,M.,"A Cost Effective Real-Time Tracking System Prototype Using Integrated GPS/GPRS Module," Wireless and Mobile Communications (ICWMC), 2010 6th International Conference on,vol.,no.,pp.521,525,20-25 Sept.2010.