- Volume 21 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Grapheme and Grapheme Recognition Using Connected Components Grapheme for Machine-Printed Korean Character Recognition
- Lee, Kyong-Ho (School of Information & Communication, Broadcasting Engineering, Halla University)
- Received : 2016.08.09
- Accepted : 2016.09.20
- Published : 2016.09.30
Recognition of grapheme is a very important process in the recognition within 'Hangul(Korean written language)' letters using phoneme recognition. It is because the success or failure in the recognition of phoneme greatly affects the recognition of letters. For this reason, it is reported that separation of phonemes is the biggest difficulty in the phoneme recognition study. The current study separates and suggests the new phonemes that used the connective elements that are helpful for dividing phonemes, recommends the features for recognition of such suggested phonemes, databases this, and carried out a set of experiments of recognizing phonemes using the suggested features. The current study used 350 letters in the experiment of phoneme separation and recognition. In this particular kind of letters, there were 1,125 phonemes suggested. In the phoneme separation experiment, the phonemes were divided in the rate of 100%, and the phoneme recognition experiment showed the recognition rate of 98% in recognizing only 14 phonemes into different ones.
- Hyuna Oh, EuGene Rhee, "Enhancement of Car Licence Plate and Security with Rotation Algorithm", Journal of Security Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 83-90, Apr. 2016 https://doi.org/10.14257/jse.2016.04.01
- Moon Yong Jin, Jong Bin Park, Dong Suk Lee, "Real-Time Vehicle Licence Plate Recognition System Using Adaptive Heuristic Segmentation Algorithm", KIPS Tr. Software and Data Eng., Vol. 3, No. 9, pp. 361-368, Mar. 2014 https://doi.org/10.3745/KTSDE.2014.3.9.361
- Kang-San Kim, Seok-Cheon Park, Seok-Ho Oh, "Suggestion of Enhanced Korean Character Recognition Technique Using Google Tesseract Open API", Proceeding of Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol. 16, No. 1, Spring. 2015.
- Kyusoo Choung, "Text Area Detection of Road Sign Images based on IRBP Method", Journal of Intelligent Transportation System, Vol. 13, No. 6, Dec. 2014.
- Kyung-Wha Park, Byoung-Hee Kim, Dong-Sig Han, Seong-Ho Son, Woo-Yung Kang, Byoung-Tak Zhang, "Handwritten Hangul Recognition using Multi-column Deep Neural Networks", Proceeding of KIPS Spring Conference, Vol. 26, No. 1, 2016.
- Min-Soo Kim, Eun-Young Kang, Woo-Sung Kim, Sun-Hwa Han, Jin-Hyung Kim, "A Study on Implementation of Printed Character Recognition System And Performance Evaluation", Korea Information Processing Society, Vol. 7, No. 11, pp. 3584-3591, Nov. 2000.
- Kil Taek Lim, Ho Yon Kim, "A Study on Machine Printed Character Recognition Based on Character Type Classification", The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 26-39, Sep. 2003.
- Kil-Taek Lim, Gi-Seok Kim, "Reestimation of Recognition Result of MLP Classifier for Machine Printed Hangul - Feasibility Study on Softmax Method", Journal of Information & Electronic Technology, Vol. 6, pp. 93-105, 2007.
- Kil Taek Lim, Ho Yon Kim, "A Study on Machine Printed Character Recognition Based onCharacter Type Classification", Journal of IEIE, Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 266-279, Sep. 2003.
- Kil Taek Lim, Seon Hwa Jeong, Seung Ick Jang, Ho Yon Kim, "An Implementation Method of the Character Recognizer for th Sorting Rate Improvement of an Automatic Postal Envelope Sorting Machine", Journal of Korea Society of Industrial Information System, Vol. 12, No. 4, Dec. 2007.
- Duk-Ryong Lee, Woo-Youn Kim, Il-Seok Oh, "A Hangul Document Image Retrieval System Using Rank-based Recognition", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 5, 2005.
- Kyong-Ho Lee,Jae-Joon Seong, "Study on Automation about Painting the Letters to Road Surface", Proceeding of Korea Society of Computer Information(Summer), Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 113-116, Summer 2016.
- A. A. Gooch, S. C. Olsen, J. Tumblin, and B. Gooch, "Color2gray: Salience-preserving color removal", ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 634-639, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1073204.1073241