- Volume 20 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A study of Reference Model of Smart Library based on Linked Open Data
링크드오픈데이터 기반 스마트 라이브러리의 참조모델에 관한 연구
- Moon, Hee-kyung (Department of Computer Engineering, Wonkwang University) ;
- Han, Sung-kook (Department of Computer Engineering, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2016.07.22
- Accepted : 2016.08.15
- Published : 2016.09.30
In recent years, smart technology has been applied to various information system fields. Especially, traditional library service area is changing to Smart-Library from Digital-Library. In this environment are need to library service software platform for supporting variety content, library services, users and smart-devices. Due to this, existing library service has a limitation that inhibits semantic interoperability between different heterogeneous library systems. In this paper, we propose Linked-Open-Data based smart library as an archetype of future-library system that provide a variety content and system interaction and integration of services. It is an innovative system of the cutting-edge information intensive. Therefore, we designed system environments according to various integration requirements for smart library based on Linked-Open-Data. And, we describe the functional requirements of smart-library systems by considering the users' demands and the eco-systems of information technology. In addition, we show the reference framework, which can accommodate the functional requirements and provide smart knowledge service to user through a variety of smart-devices.
Supported by : wonkwang university
- L. Candela, D. Castelli, N. Ferro, G. Koutrika, C. Meghini, P. Pagano, S. Ross, D. Soergel, M. Agosti, and M. Dobreva, The DELOS Digital Library Reference Model-Foundations for Digital Libraries, Pisa, Italy: ISTI-CNR at Gruppo ALI, 2007.
- L. Candela, D. Castelli, and P. Pagano, "Evolution and Impact of Digital Libraries," in E-Publishing and Digital Libraries: Legal and Organizational Issues, Hershey, NY: Information Science Reference (an imprint of IGI Global), ch. 1, pp.1-30, 2011.
- M. Lytras, M. A. Sicilia, J. Davies, and V. Kashyap, "Digital libraries in the knowledge era: Knowledge management and Semantic Web technologies," Library Management, vol. 26, no. 4/5, pp.170-175, May 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/01435120510596026
- Y. Sure and R. Studer, "Semantic Web technologies for digital libraries," Library Management, vol. 26, no. 4/5, pp.190-195, May 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/01435120510596044
- C. Bizer, T. Heath and T. Berners-Lee, "Linked Data-The Story So Far," Special Issue on Linked Data, International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS), vol. 5, no. 3, Sep. 2009.
- T. Heath and C. Bizer, "Linked Data: Evolving the Web into a Global Data Space (1st edition)," in Synthesis Lectures on the Semantic Web: Theory and Technology, San Rafael, CA: Morgan & Claypool, 2011.
- E. T. Mitchella, "Linked Data Publishing for Libraries, Archives, and Museums: What Is the Next Step?," Journal of Web Librarianship, vol. 7, no. 2, pp.231-236, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/19322909.2013.785849
- N. Ferran, E. Mor and J. Minguillon, "Towards personalization in digital libraries through ontologies," Special issue on the Semantic Web. Library Management, vol. 26, no. 4/5, pp.206-217, May 2005.
- B. D. Rathje, M. McGrory, C. Pollitt and P. Voutilainen, "Designing and Building Integrated Digital Library Systems-Guidelines," International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions, The Hague(Netherlands), IFLA Professional Reports, no. 90, 2005.
- C. Meghini and N. Spyratos, "Information Accdess in Digital Libraries: Steps Towards a Conceptual Schema," in Proceeding 8th DELOS thematic workshop, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, pp.48-52, 2005.
- S. Bair, "Linked Data-The Right Time? Special Issue: Linked Data, Semantic Web and Libraries," Journal of Library Metadata, vol. 13, no. 2/3, pp75-79, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/19386389.2013.828527
- Library Linked Data Incubator Group Final Report, [Internet]. Available: https://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/XGR-lld-20111025/.
- G. Byrne and L. Goddard, (2010, Nov.). The Strongest Link: Libraries and Linked Data. D-Lib Magazine [Online] 16 (11/12), Available: http://www.dlib.org/dlib/november10/byrne/11byrne.html.
- Y. Noh, "A Study on Library 3.0 Concept and its Service Model," Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, vol. 27, no. 4, pp.283-307, Dec. 2010. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2010.27.4.283
- G. Hwang, S. J. Moon, D. S. Lee, C. P. Yoon, "The Multimedia Contents Search System based on Ontology," The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 17, no. 6, pp.1354-1359, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.6.1354