- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Collaboratory curriculum Model of the foundation NCS through exemplary international cases
해외 우수사례를 통한 국가직무능력표준(NCS) 기반 산학협력모델에 관한 연구
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Division of Smartphone Media, Baekseok Culture University)
- 김경희 (백석문화대학교 스마트폰미디어학부)
- Received : 2016.07.21
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
The purpose of the NCS-based curriculum is to prepare students for practical competencies to perform tasks demanded by industries by applying nationally and industrially developed and certified NCS to the currently held curriculum. In order to achieve this academic goal, education institutions must dedicate their utmost efforts to train trainees to attain flexibility in rapidly changing industry environments and competitiveness to perform the various tasks demanded by industries. The 47th article of the Higher Education Law explains that the purpose of the College corresponds with that of the NCS-based curriculum because the contribution of national and social development is related to the development of an industry. The college purpose and the NCS-based curriculum require close collaboration and cooperation between industries and colleges. This thesis analyzes cases of industry and college cooperation, researches adequate cases that suit the purpose of the NCS-based curriculum and proposes an appropriate industrial-education cooperation model that suits college and NCS-based curriculum by analyzing the cooperation model held by highly acknowledged universities oversea. In addition, this paper proposes a process and guideline to establish the industrial-education cooperation model. The industrial-education cooperation model proposed herein not only practically aligns the NCS-based curriculum to fit the industry environments, but also supports each party in pursuing and achieving its goals through an effective cooperative structure. The NCS-based industrial education model is anticipated to improve colleges' employment rates, allow industries' procurement of brilliant human resources, and contribute to the development of domestic industries through effective college education and training competent professionals for society.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Department of Cooperation at Ministry of Education, For the creative economy ecosystem composition Cooperation initiatives focused activated 10, pp.18-19, Ministry of Education, Dec, 2013.
- Human Resources Development Service of Korea. Introduce of the NCS [Internet]. Available From: http://www.hrdkorea.or.kr/3/8/1 (accessed Jun., 11, 2016)
- National Competency Standards. What is the NCS(National Competency Standards)? [Internet]. Available From: http://www.ncs.go.kr/ncs/page.do?sk=P1A1_PG01_001(accessed Jun., 11, 2016)
- Ministry of Education, 2016 Specialized College of Korea (SCK) Program Plan finalized Announcement, pp.1, Ministry of Education, February, 2016.
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation, The Higher Education Act [Internet], Available From: http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=183496&efYd=20160529#0000 (accessed Jun., 11, 2016)
- The Huffington Post Korea, The youth unemployment rate in April is recorded 'best ever 10.9% [Internet], Available From: http://www.huffingtonpost.kr/2016/05/11/story_n_9896664.html (accessed May., 11, 2016)
- Eunok Choi, "Cooperation with the University through the development of enterprise commensal : Policy Commentary", The HRD Review, p.122-131, May, 2012.
- Animation Carrer Review, Top 50 Animation Schools and Colleges in the U.S. - 2015 [Internet]. Ringling College of Art and Design, c2016[cited 2016 Jun 24], Available From: http://www.animationcareerreview.com/articles/top-50-animation-schools-and-colleges-us-%E2%80%93-2015 (accessed Jun., 24, 2016)
- Moonsoo Park, Seungkun Kim, Taeyoung Kim, Taesik Park, Haedo Kim, Hanki Kim, "2014 University Cooperation Activities Survey Report", Ministry of Education & National Research Foundation of Korea, pp.21, January, 2016.
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Make it to the top [Internet], Available From: http://www.ringling.edu/awardsandaccolades (accessed Jun., 24, 2016)
- The Patterson Foundation, The Collaboratory at Ringling College [Internet], Available From: http://www.thepattersonfoundation.org/collaboratory.html (accessed Jun., 28, 2016)
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Inside The Collaboratory Commitment [Internet], Available From: http://www.ringling.edu/TheCollaboratory (accessed Jun., 29, 2016)
- Dongsun Choi, "NCS based on the introduction of training courses key issues and challenges", The HRD Review, p.36-47, Sep, 2015.
- Quality Enhancement Plan Guidelines Indicators of an Acceptable Quality Enhancement Plan, Available From: http://www.sacscoc.org/pdf/Quality%20Enhancement%20Plan%20Guidelines.pdf (accessed July., 10, 2016)