- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Development and Application of Integrated-Simulation Practice Program using Standardized Patients : Caring for Alcoholism with Diabetes Mellitus in the Community
표준화 환자를 활용한 통합시뮬레이션 실습 프로그램 개발 및 적용 -지역사회에 거주하는 당뇨를 동반한 알코올중독대상자 간호-
- Kang, Gwang-Soon (Department of Nursing, Gwangju University) ;
- Kim, Younkyoung (Department of Nursing, Gwangju University)
- Received : 2016.06.03
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
The purpose of this study was to develop an integrated-simulation practice program using standardized patients and to identify the effects of such program. The present study used a pretest-posttest design with a single group applied to 30 fourth-year nursing students in a university and developed a case scenario for alcoholism patients with diabetes mellitus in a community. As results showed, communication skills were significantly improved (t = 4.24, p < .001), but the learning of self-efficacy and motivation of transfer were insignificantly improved compared with the pretest. Moreover, motivation of transfer showed a positive correlation with the learning of self-efficacy (r = .758, p < .01). The purpose of utilizing an appropriate case development based on practical experience and hands-grade students was to improve the motivation of transfer and increase self-efficacy through problem solving. Therefore, we identified that an integrated-simulation practice program using standard patients was useful in the improvement of client centered nursing competence, such as communication skills. In addition, further studies would help develop various scenarios for the integrated-simulation practice program to improve not only communication skills but also increase self-efficacy and motivation of transfer.
본 연구의 목적은 간호 대학생을 대상으로 표준화환자를 활용한 통합시뮬레이션실습프로그램을 개발 및 적용하여 그 효과를 평가하기 위함이다. 본 연구는 일 종합대학 간호학과 4학년 30명을 대상으로 한 단일군 사전사후설계로 지역사회에 거주하는 당뇨를 동반한 만성알코올중독대상자 간호를 위한 시나리오를 개발하였다. 연구결과 통합시뮬레이션실습프로그램 후 의사소통 능력은 프로그램 실시 전보다 유의하게 향상하였으나(t=4.24, p<.001) 전이동기와 학습 자기효능감은 프로그램 전과 후를 비교하였을 때 통계적으로 유의한 향상을 나타내지 못하였다. 또한 의사소통능력과 학습자기효능감, 의사소통능력과 전이동기 사이의 상관관계는 유의하지 않았으나, 학습효능감과 전이동기 사이에는 양적 상관관계가 측정되었다(r=.758, p<.01). 이는 학생들의 학년과 실습경험을 바탕으로 한 적절한 사례를 개발하여 적용함으로서 전이동기를 높이고 문제해결을 통한 학습자기효능감을 증가시키는 것을 알 수 있었다. 본 연구를 통해 표준화환자를 활용한 시뮬레이션학습은 의사소통 능력과 같은 대상자중심의 간호능력을 향상시킬 수 있는 통합실습프로그램으로서 유용함을 확인하였으며, 향후 의사소통능력 뿐 아니라 학습 자기효능감과 전이동기의 향상을 위한 다양한 통합시뮬레이션학습 시나리오개발에 관한 연구가 필요하다.
Supported by : 광주대학교
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Statistical Year Book 2015 [Internet]. Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2015, Available From: http://stat.mohw.go.kr/front/statData/publicationView.jsp?menuId=45&topSelect=B00006&bbsSeq=11&nttSeq=21895&searchKey=&searchWord=&nPage=1.(accessed May, 20, 2016)
- P. R. Jeffries. "A Framework for Designing, Implementing, and Evaluating Simulation Used as Teaching Strategies in Nursing", Nursing Education Prospectives, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 96-103, 2005.
- J. H. Kim, I. H. Park, S. S. Shin, "Systematic Review of Korean Studies on Simulation within Nursing Education", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 307-319, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.307
- Y. S. Roh, S. H. Kim, S. H. Yang, Y. S. Kang, "Clinical Competence and Self-confidence of New Graduate Nurses with an Integrated Nursing Curriculum of Simulation with Problem-based Learning", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial Coperation Society, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 3349-3357, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3349
- E. J. Choi. "Relationships between Metacognition, Problem Solving Process, and Debriefing Experience in Simulation as Problem-based Learning (S-PBL)", Journal of the Korean Contents Associatio, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 459-469, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.01.459
- Y. A. Song, "Effect of Simulation-based Practice by applying Problem based Learning Problem Solving Process, Self-confidence in Clinical Performance and Nursing Competence", Korean J Women Health Nurs, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 3349-3357, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3349
- M. Lee, Y. Ahn, I. Cho, M. Sohn, "Effectiveness of Simulation Integrated with Problem Based Learning on Clinical Competency and Self-efficacy in Nursing Students", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 20 no. 2, pp. 123-131, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.2.123
- K. S. Hyun, Y. Jeong, "The Relationship among Clinical Competence on Diabetic Diet Education Using Standardized Patients, Self-efficacy, Communication, Learning Satisfaction, and Professional Values of Nursing Students", J Korean Acad Adult Nurs, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 221-228, 2010.
- Y. J. Yi, N. Y. Lim, E. H. Lee, H. J. Han, J. H. Kim, H. M.. Son, Y. S. Park, H. S. Kang, K. S. Cho, D. O. Kim, S. B. Kwon, I. O. Lee, "Evaluation on the Practicum Using Standardized Patients for Nursing Assessment to Articular Disease Standardized Patients", J Muscle Joint Health, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 137-148, 2007.
- Y. E. Kim, H. Y. Kang, "Development and Application of Simulation Learning Scenario using Standardized Patients: Caring for Neurological Patients in Particular", Journal of the Korean Contents Association, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 236-248, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.236
- I. H. Park, S. Shin, "The Effects of Video-based Peer Assisted Learning in Standardized Patients Simulation: Pre and Post Operative Care", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, vol. 27, No, 1, pp. 73-82, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.1.73
- S. O. Kim, H. S. Kim, "Effects of Psychiatric Nursing Practicum using Simulated Patients on Self-Directed Learning Readiness, Learning Self-Efficacy, Satisfaction of Learning", The Korea Contents Society, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 396-408, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.02.396
- B. Happell and K. Hayman-White, "Nursing st udents attitude to mental health nursing: Psych ometric properties of a self-report scale." Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 375-386, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apnu.2008.10.005
- G. Hur, "Construction and Validation of Global Interpersonal Communication Competence Scale", Korean Journalism & Communication Studies, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 380-408, 2003.
- Ayres, H. W. Factors related to motivation to learn and motivation to transfer learning in a nursing population. Doctoral Dissertation, North Carolina State University, USA, 2005.
- S. Y. Park, Y. R. Kweon, "The Effect of Using Standardized Patients in Psychiatric Nursing Practical Training for Nursing College Students", J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 79-88, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2012.21.1.79
- K. M. Park, I. S. Gwan, K. D. Kim, Y. H. Kim, H. S. Park, H. S. So, G. S. Jang, B. R. Jung, E. H. Choi. Simulation education for learning outcome achievement. Hyunmoon Publishers, 2013.
- I. S. Go, S. H. Lee, K. A. Song, W. J. No, M. R. Han, S. H. Hong, H. Y. Lee, E. M. Kim. Simulation practice learning scenario for nursing program learning outcome achievement. Korean Nurses Association, 2014.
- M. Eom, H. Kim, E. Kim, K. Seong, "Effects of Teaching Method using Standardized Patients on Nursing Competence in Subcutaneous Injection, Self-directed Learning Readiness, and Problem Solving Ability", J Korean Acad Nursing, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 151-160, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.2.151
- R. M. Fanning, D. M. Gaba, "The Role Debriefing in Simulation Based Training", Journal of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 115-125, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0b013e3180315539
- H. Y. Cho, "The Effect of SIM-PBL Education on Critical Thinking Disposion and Self-efficacy in Paramedic Students", The Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 61-71, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2013.17.3.061
- J. E. Zavertnik, T. A. Huff, C. L. Munro, "Innovative Approach to Teaching Communication Skills to Nursing Students", J Nurs Educ, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 65-71, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20090918-06
- J. Y. Kim, H. N. Her, H. J. Jeon, D. Y. Jung, "Effects of Simulation Education on the Communication Competence, Academic Self-efficacy, and Attitude about the Elderly for Nursing Students : A Learning Approach based on an Elderly-with-cognition-disorder Scenario", J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 54-64, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.1.54
- G. E. Joo, K. Y. Sohng, H. J. Kim, "Effects of a Standardized Patient Simulation Program for Nursing Students on Nursing Competence, Communication Skill, Self-efficacy and Critical Thinking Ability for Blood Transfusion", J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 49-58, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.1.49
- S. Liebermann, S. Hoffmann, "The Impact of Practical Relevance on Training Transfer; Evidence from a Service Quality Training Program for German Bank Clerks", International Journal of Training and Development, vol. 12, pp. 74-86, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2419.2008.00296.x
- H. S. Shin, K. K. Shim, "Nursing Student's Experiences of Pediatric Nursing Simulation Practice", Journal of East-West Nursing Research, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 147-155, 2010.
- P. A. Marken, C. Zimmerman, C. Kennedy, R. Schremmer, K. V. Smith, "Human Simulators and Standardized Patients to Teach Difficult Conversation to Interprofessional Health Care Teams", Am J Pharm Educ, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 120, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5688/aj7407120
- S. S. Cho, K. M. Kim, B. Y. Lee, S. A. Park, "The Effects of Simulation-based Infection Control Training on the Intensive Care Unit Nurses' Perception, Clinical Performance, and Self-Efficacy of Infection Control", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 381-390. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2012.18.3.381