- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Difference of Health Related Quality of Life According to Ankylosing Spondylitis Patient's General Characteristics
강직척추염 환자의 일반적 특성에 따른 건강관련 삶의 질 차이
- Received : 2016.07.13
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study was conducted to identify differences between qualities of health related to quality of life according to the general characteristics of ankylosing spondylitis patients. Overall, 275 patients who were older than 19 years, drug-maintained for over 4 weeks from Jan 13th to Feb 12th and diagnosed as ankylosing spondylitis at C university hospital participated in this study. Collected data were analyzed through descriptive statistics, t-tests, ANOVA, Scheffe's-test and multiple regression. The results of the present study revealed that Age (p=.008), Job (p<0.001), Number of comorbidity (p<0.001), Surgery for Ankylosing Spondylitis (p=0.002), Disease duration after onset symptom (p=0.010), Disease duration after diagnosis (p=0.027), Alcohol drinking (p=0.002) and Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (p=0.049) were meaningful factors to the quality of health-related life for ankylosing spondylitis patients, and multiple regression analysis showed that level of education, income, comorbidity and alcohol consumption was a significant variable. In conclusion, the results of this study indicated that, to improve quality of life, arbitration programs for improving general characteristics and considering demographic social characteristics and clinical features need to be provided. Therefore, it is expected that the results of this study would be used as actual grounds to develop integrated arbitration programs.
Ankylosing Spondylitis;Health related quality of life
- Korea Ankylosin Spodylitis Corporation. Ankylosing Spondylitis[Internet]. Seoul: Korea Ankylosin Spodylitis Corporation; 2015. Available from: http://www.gidarlim.com/(accessed Jun., 10, 2015)
- Joel DT. HARRISON'S Principles of Internal Medicine Vol2. 16th Edition. p.2175-217, Seoul: MIP Publishers, 2006.
- Gran JT, Husby G. Ankylosing Spondylitis: a comparative study of patients in an epidemiological survey, and those admitted to a department of rheumatology, Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 11, no. 6 pp. 788-793, Dec, 1984.
- Disease Act Statistics in Government 3.0 Information disclosure [Internet]. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service; 2015 [cited 2015 May]. Available from: http://www.hira.or.kr/rd/dissdicinfoSickList.do?pgmid=HIRAA0200440/20100. (accessed Jun., 11, 2015)
- Lee TJ, Park BH, Kim JW, Shin K, Lee EB, Song YW. Cost-of-illness and quality of life in patients with ankylosing spondylitis at a tertiary hospital in Korea, J Korean Med Sci, vol. 29, no. 2 pp.190-197, Feb, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2014.29.2.190 https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2014.29.2.190
- Khan MA, van der Linden SM. A wider spectrum of spondyloarthropathies, Semin Arthritis Rheum, vol. 20, pp.107-113, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0049-0172(90)90023-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/0049-0172(90)90023-9
- Sieper J. Rudwaleit M, Khan MA, Braun J. Concepts and epidemiology of spondyloarthritis, Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol, vol. 20, pp.401-417, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.berh.2006.02.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.berh.2006.02.001
- Kim TJ, Kim TH. Clinical spectrum of ankylosing spondylitis in Korea, Joint Bone Spine, vol. 77, pp.235-240, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbspin.2009.11.015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbspin.2009.11.015
- Shin KC. Clinical Manifestation and Diagnosis of Ankylosing Spondylitis, The Korean Association of Internal Medicine. vol. 85, no. 3, pp.240-244, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2013.85.3.240 https://doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2013.85.3.240
- Kim TJ. Quality of life in ankylosing spondylitis[master's thesis], Seoul: Hanyang University, pp.1-36, 2002.
- Ibn Yacoub Y, Amine B, Laatiris A, Hajjaj-Hassouni N. Gender and disease features in Moroccan patients with ankylosing spondylitis, Clin Rheumatol, vol. 31, no. 2, pp.293-297, Feb, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10067-011-1819-x https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-011-1819-x
- Chen CH, Chen HA, Lu CL, Liao HT, Liu CH, Tsai CY, et al. Association of cigarette smoking with Chinese ankylosing spondylitis patients in Taiwan: a poor disease outcome in systemic inflammation, functional ability, and physical mobility, Clin Rheumatol, vol. 32, no. 5, pp.659-663, May, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10067-013-2165-y https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-013-2165-y
- Mattey DL, Dawson SR, Healey EL, Packham JC. Relationship between smoking and patient-reported measures of disease outcome in ankylosing spondylitis, J Rheumatol, vol. 39, no. 12, pp.2608-2615, Dec, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.110641 https://doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.110641
- Chung HY, Machado P, van der Heijde D, D'Agostino MA, Dougados M. Smokers in early axial spondyloarthritis have earlier disease onset, more disease activity, inflammation and damage, and poorer function and health-related quality of life: results from the DESIR cohort. Ann Rheum Dis, vol. 71, no. 6, pp.809-816, Jun, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2011-200180 https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2011-200180
- Braun J, Sieper J, Zink A. The risks of smoking in patients with spondyloarthritides, Ann Rheum Dis, vol. 71, no. 6, pp.791-792, Jun, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2011-200954 https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2011-200954
- Marengo MF, Schneeberger EE, Citera G, Cocco JA. Work status among patients with ankylosing spondylitis in Argentina, J Clin Rheumatol, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 273-277, Oct, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/RHU.0b013e31817d1089 https://doi.org/10.1097/RHU.0b013e31817d1089
- Vesovic-Potic V, Mustur D, Stanisavljevic D, Ille T, Ille M. Relationship between spinal mobility measures and quality of life in patients with ankylosing spondylitis, Rheumatol Int, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 879-884, Jun, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00296-008-0759-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-008-0759-5
- Kiltz U, van der Heijde D. Health-related quality of life in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and in patients with ankylosing spondylitis, Clin Exp Rheumatol, vol. 27, no. 4, Suppl.55 pp.S108-111, Jul-Aug, 2009.
- Yu JP. Structural equation modeling misunderstandings and prejudices of professors Jong Pil Yu. Data solution: Hannarae publishing corporation; 2014.
- Choi JH, Jung HJ, Oh TR, Lee SH, Jin J, Lee JW, et al. The Reliability and Validity of a Korean Translation of the ASAS Health Index and Environmental Factors in Korean Patients with Axial Spondyloarthritis. The Journal of the Korean Rheumatism Association, vol. 29, no. 3, pp.334-337, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2014.29.3.334 https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2014.29.3.334
- Ovayolu N, Ovayolu O, Karadag G. Health-related quality of life in ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia syndrome, and rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with a selected sample of healthy individuals, Clin Rheumatol, vol. 30, no. 5, pp.655-664, May, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10067-010-1604-2 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-010-1604-2
- Yilmaz O, Tutoglu A, Garip Y, Ozcan E, Bodur H. Health-related quality of life in Turkish patients with ankylosing spondylitis: impact of peripheral involvement on quality of life in terms of disease activity, functional status, severity of pain, and social and emotional functioning, Rheumatol Int, vol. 33, no. 5, pp.1159-1163, May, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00296-012-2510-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-012-2510-5
- Durcan L, Wilson F, Conway R, Cunnane G, O'Shea FD. Increased body mass index in ankylosing spondylitis is associated with greater burden of symptoms and poor perceptions of the benefits of exercise, J Rheumatol, vol. 39, no. 12, pp.2310-2314. Dec, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.120595 https://doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.120595