- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effects of Character, Critical Thinking Disposition and Professional Self-Concept on College Adjustment in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 인성, 비판적 사고성향, 전문직 자아개념이 대학생활적응에 미치는 영향
- Lim, Mi-Hye (Department of Nursing, Joongbu University)
- 임미혜 (중부대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.07.21
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate the level of character, critical thinking disposition, professional self-concept, and adjustment to college life, as well as to identify the factors influencing the adjustment to college life in nursing students. The study was conducted on 166 nursing students in C and J Provinces, between May 25th and June 10th 2016. The data was analyzed using t-test, one-way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation, and multiple regression. The mean score of the adjustment to college life was 3.27 (
본 연구의 목적은 간호대학생의 인성, 비판적 사고성향, 전문직 자아개념, 대학생활적응정도를 알아보고, 간호대학생들의 대학생활적응에 영향을 주는 요인을 파악하는 것이다. 연구대상자는 J와 C도에 소재하는 2개 대학 간호학과 학생 166명이었다. 자료수집을 위한 설문조사는 2016년 5월 25일부터 6월 10일까지 실시하였고, SPSS 21을 사용하여 빈도와 백분율, 평균과 표준편차, t-test, one-way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation, Multiple regression으로 분석하였다. 연구결과, 간호대학생들의 대학생활적응 정도는 5점 만점에 3.27(
- H. J. Park, I. S. Jang, "Stress, Depression, Coping Styles and Satisfaction of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academy Society of Nursing Education, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 14-23, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.1.14
- H. Y. Lee, "Parenting Behavior and Adjustment to College : Moderating effect of Cultural Dispositions", Journal of North-East Asian Cultures, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 337-355, 2008.
- E. A. Kim, K. S. Jang, "Developing a Prediction Model Regarding Adjustment of Nursing Students to College Life", Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 312-322, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.312
- Y. K. Kwag, "Effect of Self-Esteem, Ego-Resilience, Social Support on Nursing Student's Adjustment to College", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 2178-2186, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2178
- Y. H. Kim, "Effect of Career Empowerment Program on Career Maturity, Career Decision-making Self-Efficacy, and Employment Stress of Nursing College Students", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 817-828, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.817
- K. S. Kim, "A Study on Professional Self Concept Perceived by Nursing Student", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1991-2001, 2011.
- Y. S, Kim, J. M. Kim, M. M. Park, "Factors Influencing Competency in Evidence-based Practice among Clinical Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 21, no. 2. pp. 143-153. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.143
- K. Y. Kim, E. J. Lee, "The Relationship among Critical Thinking Disposition, Nursing Process Competency and Evidence-based Practice Competency in Nurses Working in Hospitals", Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 451-461, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.2.451
- K. A. Shin, B. H. Cho, "Professional Self-Concept, Critical Thinking Disposition and Clinical Competence in Nursing Students", The Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 46-56, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.1.046
- N. S, Ha, S. Y. Park, M. J. Lee, "A literature Review (1996-2014) Critical Thinking in Korean Nursing Education for the Era of Convergence", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 341-349, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.341
- S. S. Yang, H. I. Kim, K. P. Joo, "A Study of Companies' Perception on University Education and Their Needs", Journal of Employment and Skills Development, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 145-170, 2006.
- The National Institute of the Korean Language. Korean standard unabridged dictionary. 2016. Available from http://stdweb2.korean.go.kr/main.jsp (accessed May, 7, 2016)
- J. H. Park, "Need for Character Education in Nursing Education", Journal of Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 3321-3332, 2013.
- S. H. Hong, K. S. Park, "A Study of Personality and Job Satisfaction of Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 8, no. 3, 489-500, 2002.
- K. H. Yang, J. R Lee, B. N. Park, "Factors Affecting Adaptation to School Life of Freshmen Enrolled in Nursing at a Junior College", Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 5-13, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.1.005
- S. O. Choi, J. K. Park, S. H. Kim, "Factors Influencing the Adaptation to the College Life of Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 182-189, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182
- J. S. Han, "Factors Affecting Nursing Students' Adjustment to College Life", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 4459-4466, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4459
- Y. S. Choi, "Factors Influencing College Life Adjustment in Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 423-432, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.423
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, A. Buchner, "G*Power 3 : A flexible s statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences", Behavior Research Methods, vol. 39, No 2, pp. 175-191. Available from : http://www.coe.fsu.edu/content/download/51987/428157/file/Faul2007.pdf (accessed May, 10, 2016) https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- E. I. Jeong, Y. H. Park, "Development and Validation of the College Adjustment Scale", The Korean Journal of Education Methodology Studies, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 69-92, 2009.
- Y. S. Lee, H. Y. Kang, S. J. Kim, "A Validation Study of the Character Index Instrument for College Students", Journal of Ethics Education Studies, vol. 31, pp. 261-282, 2013.
- J. Yoon, "Development of an Instrument for the Measurement of Critical Thinking Disposition: In Nursing. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Catholic University, Seoul, 2004.
- Arthur, D. "The Development of an Instrument for Measuring the Professional Self-Concept of Nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, 1990.
- K. Y. Sohng, C. H. Noh, "An Analytical Study of the Professional Self-Concept of Hospital Nurses in Korea", The Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 94-106, 1996.
- S. J. Kim, "A Study of a Character Education Plan According to Character Levels and Requirements for College Students", The Korean Journal of the Human Development, vol. 23, no. 2, pp.1-19, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15284/kjhd.2016.23.2.1
- Y. S. Lee, M. J, Kwon, "A Longitudinal Study on Character Levels of college students", Journal of Ethics Education Studies, vol. 36, pp. 259-282, 2015.
- H. J. Ji. "An Inquiry into the Awareness on the Liberal and Character Education among College Students", Korean Journal of General Education, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 433-466, 2013.
- M. S . Lee, C. S. Hong, "A Study of Relationship among the Nursing Students Personality, self Concept and Perceptual Orientation", Chungnam Medical Journal, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 301-313, 1990.
- M. H. Seong, E. J. Kim, "An Analysis on College Students' Awareness of the Importance of Personality Education, Personality Development Level and their Demand for Personality Education", Journal of Ethics Education Studies, vol. 38, pp. 177-202, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18850/JEES.2015.38.07
- H. J. Yang, "Relationship between Critical Thinking Disposition and Problem Solving Ability of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 6387-6394, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6387
- S. K. Chaung, "Critical Thinking Disposition, Problem Solving Ability and Clinical Competence in Nursing Students", The Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 71-78, 2011.
- N. S. Ha, H. M. Park, "The Impacts of Professional Socialization Perceived by Nursing Students on Role Conflict and Professional Self-concept", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, vol. 15, no. 2. pp. 47-56, 2009.
- S. A. Ahn, K. S. Lee, "Effects of Hardiness and Professional Self-concept on Student Adaptation to College in Nursing Students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 2165-2178, 2013.
- Y. H. Kim, "The Effects of College Life Adaptation Program on Nursing Students College Life Adaptation and Nursing professional attitude", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 12. pp. 8948-8956, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8948