- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of radiation exposure in radiation worker in medical facility and student in clinical practice
의료기관 방사선작업종사자와 임상실습 학생의 피폭선량 분석
- Lee, Joo-Ah (Department of Radiation Oncology, Catholic University, Incheon St.Mary's Hospital) ;
- Choi, Kwan-Woo (Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center) ;
- Min, Jung-Whan (Department of Radiology, Shin-Gu University) ;
- Lim, Jong-Cheon (Department of radiology Hanyang University, Hospital) ;
- Son, Soon-Yong (Department of Radiotechnology, Wonkwang Health Science University)
- 이주아 (가톨릭대학교 인천성모병원 방사선종양학과) ;
- 최관우 (서울아산병원 영상의학과) ;
- 민정환 (신구대학교 방사선과) ;
- 임종천 (한양대학교 의료원 영상의학과) ;
- 손순룡 (원광보건대학교 방사선과)
- Received : 2016.06.09
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study was conducted to determine the appropriateness of systemic radiation exposure control for students in clinical practice by comparing radiation exposure in radiography employees at different stations of a hospital with that of students conducting clinical practice using identical stations. Overall, 121 students who conducted clinical practice in the department of radiology area of C university hospital from July 2014 to August 2014 and 62 workers working in the same medical facility (47 in the department of radiology, 8 in the department of radiation oncology, 7 in the department of nuclear medicine) were investigated. The radiation exposure experienced by students was measured for 8 weeks, which is the duration of the clinical practice. Additionally, radiation exposure of workers were classified into 4 groups, department of radiology, department of radiation oncology, and department of nuclear medicine was compared. Dose was measured with OSLD and differences among groups were identified by ANOVA followed by Duncan's multiple range test. Among employees, those in the department of radiology, oncology and nuclear medicine were exposed depth doses of
Clinical practice;Depth dose;OSLD;Radiation workers;Those with frequent exposure to radiation
- DW Ryu, KJ Kang, MS Cho, "An IT/Medical Converged Solution based on the Expert System for Enhancing U-healthcare Services in Middle-sized Medical Environment", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1318-24, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.4.1318
- TW Kim, TK Cho, BS Park, "Query System for Analysis of Medical Tomography Images", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 38-43, 2004.
- SO Park, HS Yang, "Reliability Evaluation Method of Software for Electronic Medical Devices", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 758-67, 2007.
- SY Son, TH Kim, JW Min, DK Han, SM Ahn, "A Study on the Feasibility of a National Practical Examination in the Radiologic Technologist", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 2149-62, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.5.2149 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.5.2149
- SS Kang, CS Kim, SY Choi, SJ Ko, JH Kim, "Evaluation of Present Curriculum for Devlopment of Dept. of Radiological Science Curriculum", The Korea Contents Society, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 242-51, 2011.
- JW Kil, JH Park, YG Kim, "Study on The Planning and Operation of Training Education in Radiologic Science for Reduced x-ray Exposure", Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2810-15, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2014.51.12.174
- SS Choi, "Clinical Practice Satisfaction in the Department of Emergency Medical Service Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 759-67, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.2.759 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.2.759
- OS Lee, MO Gu, "The Relationship between Emotional intelligence and Communication skill, Clinical competence & Clinical practice stress in Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2749-59, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2749 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2749
- SY Son, MA Jeong, "The Comprehension of health care service bill of radiological technologist and dental hygienist and the study of necessity of including the service supply resources", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1696-702, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.4.1696 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.4.1696
- KK Do, "The health effects of low-dose radiatio exposure", J Korean Med Assoc, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 1253-61, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.12.1253 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.12.1253
- Amy Berrington de Gonzaiez, Sarah Darby, "Risk of cancer from diagnostic X-ray: estimates for the UK and 14 other countries", THE LANCET, vol. 363, no. 4, pp. 345-51, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(04)15433-0
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "ICRP Publication 60: 1990 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection", Pergamon Press, vol. 23, 1991.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection", ICRP Publication 103, 2007.
- National instutite of food and drug safety evaluation, "Annual report on radiation exposure dose on persons engaged in radiation related job of medical institutes", KFDA, 2011.
- SM Baek, ES Jang, "Comparative evaluation of radiation exposure in radiation-related workers", The Korean Society of Radiology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 195-200, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2011.5.4.195 https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2011.5.4.195
- JH Kwak, "Analysis on Characteristics of Radiation Exposure Dose for Radiological Workers in Third Medical Facilities in Pusan", The Graduate School Pusan National University.
- KR Dong, "A study on Radiation Exposure Doses for Radiological Workers in Third medical Facilities in Seoul", Graduate school of public health Yonsei University, 2003.
- PA. Jursinic, "Changes in optically stimulated luminescent dosimeter (OSLD) dosimeter characteristics with accumulated dose", Medical Physics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 132-40, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.3267489 https://doi.org/10.1118/1.3267489
- JA Lee, SY Son, JW Min, KW Choi, SR Na, HW Jeong, "The neutron dosimetry depending on the number of portals for prostate cancer IMRT(Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 3734-40, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3734 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3734
- I. Mrcelal, T. Bokulicl, J. Izewska, "Optically stimulated luminescence in vivo dosimetry for radiotherapy: physical characterization and clinical measurements in Co-60 beams", Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 56, no. 18, 2011.
- G. Cabral, A Amaral, L. Campos and M. I. Guimaraes, "Investigation of maximum doses absorbed by people accompanying patients in nuclear medicine departments", Radiation protection dosimetry, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 435-38, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.rpd.a006020 https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.rpd.a006020
- Yang, "Five-Year Individual Exposure Doses of Korean Radiation Workers:A Follow-up Study under ICRP 103", Graduate school of Dongshin University, 2013.
- TS Jeong, BC Shin, CW Moon, YD Cho, YH Lee, HY Yum, "The Analysis of radiation exposure of hospital radiation workers", J Korean Soc Ther Radiol Oncol, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 157-66, 2000.
- JI Lee, CS Park, "A Study on Clinical Practice of Radiologic Technology Department", Journal of Daegu Health College, vol. 20, pp. 91-106, 2000.
- MN Ha, "Assessment of the Glycophorin a mutant assay as a biologic marker for low dose radiation exposure", Graduate school of Seoul National Univ. 2000.