- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Real-time Optimization Technique for a Train Velocity Profile
실시간 열차 속도 프로파일 최적화 기법에 관한 연구
- Kim, Moosun (Metropolitan Transit Convergence Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jungtai (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Chul-Hong (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.07.15
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
In the point of view of a train operator, the main concern with a train operation is not only to maintain a time schedule, but also to decrease the energy consumption as much as possible. Generally for a manual drive, a train conductor controls the train acceleration and deceleration by controlling the notches not to exceed the regulation velocity by considering the given maximum velocity profile for an operation route. For this case, the guideline for a conductor is needed to choose the proper notches by applying the notch optimization so as to drive at the regulation velocity and minimize energy consumption simultaneously. In this paper, the real-time notch optimization plan is suggested using a genetic algorithm that optimizes the notches for the remaining route in real time when the event occurs that track information or regulation velocity profile of the remaining route changes during train operation as well as a normal operation situation. An energy saving effect and the convergence behavior of the optimal solution obtained was analyzed in a genetic algorithm.
Energy consumption;Genetic algorithm;Notch;Realtime optimization;Velocity profile
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- T.H.Lee, H.S.Hwang, "Optimal Economical Running Patterns Based on Fuzzy Model", Journal of The Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 594-600, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/jkiis.2006.16.5.594 https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2006.16.5.594
- K. Kim, S.Chien, "Optimal Train Operation for Minimum Energy Consumption Considering Track Alignment, Speed Limit, and Schedule Adherence", Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 137, no. 9, pp. 665-674, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436.0000246 https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436.0000246
- C.H.Park, J.Kim, J.H.Park, H.Y.Choi, D.E.Chang, "A Study on the Generation of an Efficient Speed Profile for a Train Considering the Train Features", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 119-126, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14801/jkiit.2015.13.11.119 https://doi.org/10.14801/jkiit.2015.13.11.119
- J.Kim, M.S. Kim, K.Ko, D.U.Jang, "The Study on the Standardization of the Maximum Acceleration of the Electric Multiple Unit through the Analysis of the Traction and the Adhesion Characteristics", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 7934-7940, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7934 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7934
- Y.H.Kim, D.H.Kim, C.T.Kim, "A Study on the Selection of Train Operation Mode Minimizing the Running Energy Consumption", Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 38-48, 2007.
- B.P.Rochard, F.Schmiding, "A review of methods to measure and calculate train resistances", Proceeding of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 214, Part F, pp. 185-199, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1243/0954409001531306
- M.Kang, M.Han, "A GA-Based Algorithm for Generating a Train Speed Profile Optimizing Energy Efficiency", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 878-886, 2009.
- M.Kim, J.Kim, K.Ko, "Study on optimization for scheduling of local and express trains considering the application of high performance train", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 1-9, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.2.234 https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.1.1