- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Nursing Students' Learning Experience, Recognition of Importance and Learning Self-efficacy for Core Fundamental Nursing Skills on their Self-confidence
간호대학생의 핵심기본간호술에 대한 학습경험, 중요성인식과 학습 자기효능감이 수행자신감에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Soon-Ok (Depart. of Nursing, Shinhan University) ;
- Kang, Bok-Hee (Depart. of Nursing, Daegu Health College)
- Received : 2016.05.31
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study is a descriptive survey research conducted to examine the influence of learning efficacy on nursing students' self-confidence. Research subjects included a total of 231 university students in D city, and the data were analyzed by t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, and multiple regression. The study results were as follows: Learning experience was high in the order of vital sign check, intramuscular injection, and subcutaneous injection. Recognition of importance was also high in the order of vein therapy, intramuscular injection, and vital sign check. Self-confidence was high in the order of vital sign check and wearing of protective equipment. As for the learning experience, there were significant differences depending on the students' school year. As for the correlation among all variants, 'learning experience of nursing skills', 'self-confidence', 'learning self-efficacy', and 'self-efficacy' had a positive correlation with each other. Based on these study results, it is necessary to develop an educational strategy that ensures students' education of self-efficacy and improvement of their learning experience to enhance their self-confidence.
Core fundamental nursing skills;Learning experience;Learning self-efficacy;Nursing students;Self-confidence
- E. J. Lee, W. H. Jun, "Sense of coherence and stress of clinical practice in nursing students", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 163-171, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.163 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.163
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education, Nurse core competency and nursing education learning outcomes, Retrieved September 3, 2013, from: http://www.kabon.or.kr, 2014.
- I. S. Seo, S. M. Oh, H. O. Park, R. W. Ma, "Effects of basic clinical practice program in academic motivation, Critical thinking and clinical nursing competence of nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 2276-2284, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2276 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2276
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education, Specify the colleges four-year term of study screening, Retrieved January 20, 2014, from: http://www.kabon.or.kr, 2014.
- S. H. Bae, J. S. Park, "The recognition of achievement and importance of nursing program outcome among nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 19, pp. 203-214, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.203 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.203
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education 2012-a, Core clinical nursing skill evaluation items for Korean nursing education accreditation assessment, Retrieved May 20, 2013, from or.kr/HyAdmin/upload/goodFile/120130201102332, 2013.
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education 2012-b, Core basic nursing skill items second edition 2012, Accreditation assessment standards for education of Korea(the course of the nursing bachelor's degree). Retrieved May 20, 2013, from http://kabon.or.kr/kabon02/120120319133351.
- S. N. Park, S. K. Lee, "Factors influencing basic nursing skill competency in nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy Fundamentals Nursing, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 6-13, 2008.
- C. Barrett, F. Myrick, "Job satisfaction in preceptorship and its effect on the clinical performance of the preceptor", Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 364-371, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1998.00511.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1998.00511.x
- A. K. Han, D. S. Cho, J. S. Won, "A study on learning experiences and self-confidence of core nursing skills in nursing practicum among final year nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 162-173, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.2.162 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.2.162
- H. K. Hur, S. M. Park, Y. H. Shin, Y. M. Lim, G. Y. Kim, K. K. Kim, H. O. Choi, J. H. Choi, "Development and applicability evaluation of an emergent care management simulation practicum for nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 228-240, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.228 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.228
- M. S. Yoo, I. Y. Yoo, "The effectiveness of standardized patient managed instruction for a fundamentals of nursing corse", Korean Journal of Nursing Query, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 89-109, 2011.
- H. J. Yeong, "Nursing students' perceptions of clinical learning environment" Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 2595-2607, 2010.
- E. J. Shin, "A study related to self-efficacy, satisfaction with practice and fundamentals of nursing practicum", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 15, pp. 380-386, 2008.
- I. S. Lee, C. S. Park, "Factor influencing confidence in performance competence of core basic nursing skills by nursing students", Journal of the Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 297-307, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.3.297 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.3.297
- S. O. Kim, H. S. Kim, "Effects of psychiatric nursing practicum using simulated patients on self-directed learning readiness, learning self-efficacy, Satisfaction of learning", The Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 396-408, 2012.
- S. R. Song, "The effect of self-evaluation method using video recording on competenc y in nursing skills, self-directed learning ability, problem solving ability, and academic self-efficacy", Unpublished master' thesis, Sung shin Women' University, 2013.
- Y. H. Lee, "The influence of academic self-efficacy and self-regulated learning on school-related adjustment", Doctoral dissertation, Kwandong University, 2011.
- H. Y. Jin., K. Y. Park, K. Y. Park, M. J. Kim, Y. O. Yang, "Factors influencing the confidence on performance of core fundamental nursing skills amonf nursing students",Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 14, pp. 2611-2622, 2012.
- P. Dillon, "The cognitive, competence and confidence development of baccalaur ate nursing students over an academic year with clinical experience", Doctoral dissertation, Widener University, 2002.
- J. S. Park, "Simulation evaluation of nursing practice through education", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education research report, 2011.
- H. W. Ayres, "Factors related to motivation to learn and motivation to transfer learning in a nursing population", Doctoral Dissertation, North Carolina University, 2005.
- S. Y. Park, "The effect of using standardized patients in psychiatric nursing practical training for nursing college students", Unpublished master', Chosun University, 2012.
- M. Aoyama, Y. Tamura, Y. Ishikawa, M. Yada, I. Miyawaki. "Confidence-weighted testing: A descriptive study of Japanese nursing students", Nursing and Health Sciences, vol. 15, pp. 504-509, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nhs.12066 https://doi.org/10.1111/nhs.12066
- K. Kim, S. O. Chang, H. S. Kang, K. S. Kim, J. I. Kim, H. Kim, J. H. Park, M.R. Eom, M. S. Youn, O. Lee, J. S. Won, "Content and educational needs for fundamental nursing practice", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 18, pp. 506-519, 2011.
- E. H. Chang, M. H. Mo, E. H. Choi, "A comparative study on perceived importance and frequency of core nursing skills between general and special wards", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 1264-1272, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1264 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1264
- M. Y. Jho, "Effects of core fundamental nursing skills education on self-efficacy, clinical competence and practice satisfaction in nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 292-301, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.3.292 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.3.292
- S. A. Yong, M. G. Kim, S. B. Kim, Y. O. Jeong, J. H. Ahn, Y. B. Jeon, "Performance competence confidence of core basic nursing skills by nursing students" Journal Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 159-160, 2015.
- Y. H. Kim, S. Y. Hwang, A. Y. Lee, "Perceived confidence in practice of core basic nursing skills of new graduate nurses", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 37-46, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.37 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.37
- M. W. Kim, "Development of objectives of nursing clinical education, based on the nursing core competency", Doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, 2003.
- D. W. Choi, "Clinical competence according to experiences on the essential of fundamental nursing skills in nursing students", Journal Korean Academic Society Nursing Education,vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 184-191, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.184 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.184
- Violato C, Lockyer J, "Self and peer assessment of pediatricians, psychiatrists and medicine specialists: implications for self-directed learning", Advances in Health Sciences Education, vol. 11, pp. 235-244, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10459-005-5639-0 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10459-005-5639-0
- D. H. Schunk, "Ability versus effort attributional feedback: Differential effects self-efficacy and achievement", Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 5, pp. 848-856, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1998 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06188.8.131.528
- Bandura A, "Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavior change", Psychological Review, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 191-215, 1977.
- M. h. Shin, "A Study on the differences of problem-solving ability between students with high level of self-efficacy and students with low level of self-efficacy 19, 2, innovation center for engineering education", Seoul National University of Technology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 30-37, 2009.
- J. C. Bae, "Analysis of mediating effects of learning flow in relations of adolescents' learning motive, academic self-efficacy and self-directed learning", Unpublished master' thesis Keimyung University, 2011.
- Effects of a Neonatal Nursing Practice Program on Students’ Stress, Self-efficacy, and Confidence vol.24, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2018.24.3.319