- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Using of BIM Data and Template for Construction Progress Management
건설공정관리를 위한 BIM데이터와 템플릿 활용 방안
- Received : 2016.07.28
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
BIM is currently applied in some domestic construction firms, but it is not being actively utilized due to changes in working environments and qualms about new studies. In order to utilize a BIM model in the design phase, process information is needed during construction, but the input system and utilization method of the process information's state are not complete. Therefore, we propose a BIM template for construction progress management that can show basic BIM information as the construction progresses in an easy and convenient way. This method will facilitate the adoption of BIM and enhance the productivity of construction companies. To this end, we designed a progress explorer for step-by-step progress and work schedules, and we generated three-dimensional views and a progress list by applying unit information (primary units, part units, and detail units) of the work breakdown structure (WBS) to the parameters. To use the BIM template, work progress information is input to the BIM modeling objects through Dynamo. We also used Dynamo for quick and easy calculation of the quantity of materials needed for construction work. To test the BIM template, we applied it to an actual project and evaluated its visibility and a progress list. The results showed that the proposed BIM template facilitates progress management of a project and can thus facilitate the adoption of BIM and improve the productivity of construction companies.
BIM;Construction progress management;Dynamo;Schedule management;Template
- J. W. Song, K. S. Oh, J. H. Song, K. J. Lim, H. W. Park, "A study on the Development of BIM Template for Construction schedule management", The Annual Conference for AIK, Vol.2, No.35, pp. 547-548, 2015
- H. J. Choe. "A Study on the Development of Scheduling Software in Building Construction", Master's Thesis, KyungWoon University, 2002.
- D. I. Kim. "A Study on the Application of Scheduling Based on Work Breakdown Structure in Apartment Housing Projects", Master's Thesis, Inha University, 2013.
- H. J. Gang, "A Study on the Development of BIM Template to introduce of BIM in Small and Middle Architectural Design Firms using AHP method", Master's Thesis, HanYang University, 2013.
- J. H. Lee, "A Study on the Development of BIM Template for the Design of Small Housing" Master's Thesis, DongSeo University, 2014.
- J. J. Park, J. H. Park, W. H. Yun, S. H. Paek, J. Hong, "A Study on the BIM based Architectural Construction Simulation System using Combinative Construction Schedule Creation Method", Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, vol. 24 no. 7, 2008.
- S. H. Park, J. H. Song, K. S. Oh. "A study on the Information for the Schedule Management of the Construction based BIM, Journal of Digital Contents Society, vol. 16, no. 4, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2015.16.4.555
- H. J. Jeon, "The Object-Oriented Thought Process", A mid-level researcher support project, HanYang University, 2013.
- ivanilmatto, Revit-Element ID in schedules using Dynamo,YouTube,2014,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tVoCYilxo&list=PLC2cCmic-A5u8lw8SLVtq-rPfNob-BUg6&index=1, 2016.
Supported by : Small and Medium Business Administration