- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The mediating effect of Interpersonal competence between Nursing student's Adult attachment and Adjustment to College life
간호대학생의 성인애착과 대학생활적응에서 대인관계능력의 매개효과
- Oh, Eun-Jin (Department of Nursing, International University of Korea) ;
- Park, Sun-Ah (Department of Nursing, Munkyung College)
- Received : 2016.05.31
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between adult attachment, adjustment to college life, and interpersonal competence in nursing college students and investigate whether or not interpersonal competence mediates the relationship between adult attachment and adjustment to college life. The subjects of this study were 685 college students located in J-si and M-si, and data were collected for 25 days from November 1 through 25, 2015. The collected data were analyzed by t-test, Pearson correlation coefficients, Hierarchical regression, and Sobel test using SPSS 23.0. As adult attachment increased, adjustment to college life was enhanced (B=.225, p=.027); as interpersonal competence increased, adjustment to college life improved (B=.145, p=.040); and as adult attachment increased, interpersonal competence increased (B=.396, p=.021). In addition, interpersonal competence significantly mediated the relationship between adult attachment and adjustment to college life (Z=3.560, p<.001). To enhance adjustment to college life in nursing college students, adult attachment and interpersonal competence need to be improved.
본 연구의 목적은 간호대학생의 성인애착, 대인관계능력, 대학생활적응 간의 관계를 파악하고, 성인애착과 대학생활적응과의 관계에서 대인관계능력이 매개하는지 알아보기 위함이다. 본 연구대상자는 J시, M시 소재의 간호대학생 685명으로 자료수집 기간은 2015년 11월 1일부터 25일까지 25일간 실시하였다. 수집된 자료는 SPSS 23.0을 이용하여 기술통계, t-test, Pearson correlation coefficients, Hierarchical regression, sobel test로 분석하였다. 연구결과 본 연구대상자의 성인애착은 7점 만점에 회피애착 4.80점(
Supported by : 한국국제대학교
- O. B. Jung, S. H. Jung, H. J. Hwang, Attachment and development, Seoul: Hakjisa.
- M. Main, N. Kaplan, J. Cassidy, "Security in infancy, childhood, and adulthood: A move to the level of representation. In I, Bretherton, & E. Wters (Eds.), Growing points of attachment theory and research", Monographs of the society for research in child development, vol. 50, pp. 66-104, 1985.
- J. Bowlby, "The nature of the child's tie to his mother", International Journal of Psychoanalysis. vol. 39, pp. 350-373, 1958.
- I. Y. Cho, "The relationship of career identity, major satisfaction and college adaptation of nursing freshmen", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 2937-2945,2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.5.2937
- S. J. Lee, J. H. Yu, "A causal model among self-determination, career stress, career barriers, and career decision level of female college students in Korea", The Journal of Asian women, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 35-64, 2009.
- J. U. Kim, M. H. Lee, "The influence of perceived parental attachment and self-differentiation on the adjustment to college life of university students", Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 506-516, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.02.506
- S. N. Kim, "Effects of the enneagram group counseling program on ego-identity and interpersonal relationships of nursing students", Journal of Korea Academic Society of Enneagram Spirituality, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 46-57, 2012.
- Y. S. Lee, S. H. Park, J. K. Kim, "Nursing students' self-leadership, self-efficacy, interpersonal relation, college life satisfaction", Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 229-240, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.06.22
- H. S. Jang, "Attachment and the development of ego identity in college students", Korean Journal of Psychology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 115-130, 2000.
- J. H. Park, Y. J. Cho, "Romantic attachment and interpersonal problems of college students", Journal of the Korean Home Economics, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 113-124, 2006.
- K. A. Kern, L. Klepac, A. K. Cole, "Peer relationships and preadolescent's perceptions of security in the child-mother relationship", Developmental Psychology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 457-466, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0012-16188.8.131.527
- S. H. Kim, "The effects of self-esteem and adult attachment of employees on interpersonal relationship problems", Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University of Korea, 2011.
- H. E. Peplau, Interpersonal relations in nursing: A conceptual frame of reference for psychodynamic nursing, Putnam's Sons.
- Y. K. Kwag, "Effect of self-esteem, ego-resilience, social support on nursing student's adjustment to college", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 2178-2186,2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2178
- J. H. Oh, "The influencing factors of self-esteem and major satisfaction on college adjustment among nursing students", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 873-884, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.873
- M. R. Lee, H. S. Jeon, "Personal types, ego-resilience, and college adaptation in nursing and health care related students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 8861-8869, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8861
- M. H. Sung, "A study of the relationship between college student's attachment, self-efficacy and the adjustment to college life", Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 316-327. 2005.
- B. H. Park, Y. S. Chong, "Student personal characteristics, parent attachment and adjustment in college", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 1-13, 2007.
- R. C. Fraley, N. G. Waller, K. A. Brennan, "An item response theory analysis of self-report measures of adult attachment", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 78, pp. 350-365, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2060
- S. H. Kim, "Adaptation of the experiences in close relationships-revised scale into Korean: Confirmatory factor analysis and item response theory approaches", Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University of Korea, 2004.
- B. G. Gurney, Relationship enhancement: Skill-training programs for therapy, problem prevention, and enrichment. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1977.
- S. M. Moon, "A study on the effect of human relations training of university students", Journal of Gyeongsang National University, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 195-204, 1980.
- H. S. Chang, "The association between self-esteem, relationship style, and etiquette implementation in adolescence", Unpublished master's thesis, Sungshin Women's University of Korea, 2006.
- R. W. Baker, B. Siryk, "Measuring adjustment to college", Journal of Counseling Psychology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 179-189, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0220.127.116.11
- Y. J. Lee, "The non-residential students' adaptation to college life and career plans", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University of Korea, 1999.
- R. M. Baron, D. A. Kenny, "The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations", Journal of Personality and social Psychology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1173-1182, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/00223518.104.22.1683.
- H. S. Kim, W. J. Park, T. H. Ha, "The influencing factors of interpersonal relationship in nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy Social Nursing Education, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 229-237, 2006.
- S. O. Choi, J. K. Park, S. H. Kim, "Factors influencing the adaptation to the college life of nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy Social Nursing Education, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 182-189, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182
- J. H. Lee, Y. A, Cho, "The mediating effects of empathy in the relationships between adult attachment and interpersonal competence", Korean Journal of Counseling, vol. 15, no. 2, 579-594, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15703/kjc.15.2.201404.579
- H. J. Cho, Y. S. Seo, "Parental attachment, separation-individuation, adult attachment, college adjustment, and psychological distress among college freshman", The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 385-411, 2010.
- S. H. Jang, Y. H. Chun, S. S. Ham, "The effects of peer relationship and dysfunctional family on life adjustment in university", Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 539-548, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.06.539