- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Verification Method for the Integrated Model Combining SysML-Based System Failure Model and System Architecture
SysML 기반 시스템 고장 모델과 시스템 아키텍처의 통합 모델에 대한 검증 기법
- Jo, Jeong-Ho (Dept. of Systems Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Chon (Dept. of Systems Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2016.07.14
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.08.31
International standards for systems safety have been established in various areas of industry. Such standards recommend that safety design activities be carried out early on in the beginning of systems development. Hazard analysis should be done in close interaction with the conceptual design of the system. This paper focuses on how to verify whether the safety goals are met while considering system design issues. The architecture of the underlying system was first modeled using SysML, a systems modeling language, and then hazard analysis was performed based on architectural information to obtain a system failure model. Thereafter, an integrated model was developed by combining the SysML failure model and the architectural model, and then safety designs were added to prevent system failure. Finally, a simulation of the developed model was performed to see if a system functions even when some components are failing.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Y. Papadopoulos, J. McDermid, R. Sasse and G. Heiner, "Analysis and synthesis of the behaviour of complex programmable electronic systems in conditions of failure," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 229-247, Mar. 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(00)00076-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(00)00076-4
- Y. Papadopoulos and C. Grante, "Evolving car designs using model-based automated safety analysis and optimisation techniques," Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 77-89, Apr. 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2004.06.027 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2004.06.027
- A. Joshi, "Behavioral fault modeling and model composition for model-based safety analysis," Ph.D. dissertation, The University of Minnesota, 2009.
- F. Mhenni, "Safety analysis integration in a systems engineering approach for mechatronic systems design," Ph.D. dissertation, Ecole Centrale Paris, 2014.
- S. Sharvia and Y. Papadopoulos, "Integrating Model Checking with HiP-HOPS in Model-Based Safety Analysis," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 135, pp. 64-80, Mar. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2014.10.025 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2014.10.025
- S. Friedenthal, A. Moore and R. Steiner, A Practical Guide To SysML, Elsevier, 2015.
- OMG Systems Modeling Language, Object Management Group, 2013.
- P. Sinha, "Architectural Design and Reliability Analysis of a Fail-Operational Brake-by-Wire System from ISO 26262 perspectives," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 96, no. 10, pp. 1349-1359, Oct. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2011.03.013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2011.03.013
- J. Belz, T. Kramer and R. Munzenberger, "Timing is a Safety Issue! Functional Safety requires predictable reactions in real-time," Proc. of Embedded World Conference 2011, Mar. 1-3, 2011.
- P. Gradin and V. Ortman, "Development of a collision avoidance truck system from a functional safety perspective," M.S. thesis, Linkopings universitet, Oct. 2011.