- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Efficient Access Point Installation Based on Fixed Radio Wave Radius for WSN Configuration at Subway Station
지하철 역사 내 WSN 환경구축을 위한 고정 전파범위 기반의 효율적인 AP설치에 관한 연구
- An, Taeki (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Ahn, Chihyung (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Youngseok (Dept. of Electronics, Chungwoon Univ.) ;
- Nam, Myungwoo (Dept. of Electronic CAD, Hyejeon College)
- Received : 2016.04.19
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
IT and communication technologies has contributed significantly to the convenience of passengers and the financial management of stations in accordance with the task automation in the field of the urban railway system. The foundation of the above development is based on the large amounts of data from various sensors installed in railways, trains, and stations. In particular, the sensor network that is installed in the station and train has played an important role in the railway information system. The performance of AP is affected by the number of APs and their locations installed in the station. In the installation of APs in stations, the intensity of the radio wave of the AP on its underlying position is considered to determine the number and position of APs. This paper proposes a method to estimate the number of APs and their position based on the structure of the underlying station and implemented a simulator to simulate the performance of the proposed method. The implemented simulator was applied to the decision of AP installation at Busan Seomyeon station to evaluate its performance.
Grant : ICT기반 철도 이용객 정보 제공기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Li, Yong-Zhen, Shi-Mei Jin, and Chung-Sei Rhee. "A Low-Power Clustering Algorithm Based on Fixed Radio Wave Radius in Wireless Sensor Networks." The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences 35.7B, pp. 1098-1104, 2010.
- Kim, Chang-Joon, Doo-Wan Lee, and Kyung-Sik Jang. "i-LEACH: Head-node Constrained Clustering Algorithm for Randomly-Deployed WSN," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering 16.1, pp.198-204, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.1.198 https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.1.198
- An Tae-Ki, Shin Jeong-Ryol, Lee Moon-Ho, Kim Gab-Young, Jeon Bo-Ik, "Experimental Analysis of Wireless Sensor Networks Performance in the Subway Station", Proc. of Fall Conference on Korean Society for Railway, pp. 2849-2854, November, 2009.
- Hartigan, J. A., Wong, M. A., "Algorithm AS 136: A K-Means Clustering Algorithm," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, pp. 100-108, 1979. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2346830 https://doi.org/10.2307/2346830
- Zha, Hongyuan, et al., "Spectral relaxation for k-means clustering," Advances in neural information processing systems, pp. 1057-1064, 2001.
- Taeki An, Chihyung Ahn, Myungwoo Nam, Jinhong Park, Youngseok Lee, "A Study on Improving Accuracy of Subway Location Tracking using WiFi Fingerprinting", KAIS, vol.17, no.1, pp. 1-8, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2016.17.1.1 https://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2016.17.1.1
- Peerapong Torteekay, XIU Chundi, "Indoor Positioning based on WiFi Fingerprint Technique using Fuzzy K-Nearest Neighbor," Sciences and Technology(IBCAST), pp. 461-465, January, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IBCAST.2014.6778188 https://doi.org/10.1109/IBCAST.2014.6778188