- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Cooling Energy Saving through Applying Aisle Partition System on a Data Center Server Room
파티션 시스템 적용을 통한 기존 데이터센터 서버실의 냉방 에너지 절감 성능평가
- Park, Jong-Soo (Department of Architecture, Inha Technical College)
- 박종수 (인하공업전문대학 건축과)
- Received : 2016.04.26
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
In this study, a computer simulation of the three types of air distribution systems, open type system, aisle partition system and aisle containment system, to evaluate the applicability of the aisle partition system on a data center server room. The variables of the simulation were the height and location of the partition fixed on the top server rack. The energy efficiency of the air distribution systems were confirmed to be excellent in the order of the aisle containment system, aisle partition system, and open type system. In the cold aisle partition system, the height of the partition that can be effective in saving cooling energy by obstructing sufficient air recirculation was found to be more than 0.9m. In the hot aisle partition system, the height of the partition was found to be more than 0.8m.
Supported by : 인하공업전문대학
- ASHRAE, High density data centers case studies and best pratices, Datacom series vol. 7, 2012.
- ASHRAE, Design considerations for datacom equipment centers second edition, Datacom series vol. 3, 2009.
- J. K. Cho, C. S. Jung, B. S. Kim, "Evaluation of Aisle Partition System's Thermal Performance in Large Data Centers for Superior Cooling Efficiency", Korea Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, vol. 22, no. 4, 2010.
- D. S. Yoon, "The energy efficiency improvement of the Internet Data Center", Magazine of the SAREK, vol. 42, no. 2, 2013.
- S. W. Ham, J. W. Jeong, "Modeling Strategies and Thermal Management Performance of a Data Center with Cold-aisle Containment using CFD", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, vol. 31, no. 1, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5659/jaik_pd.2015.31.1.159 https://doi.org/10.5659/jaik_pd.2015.31.1.159
- J. K. Cho, S. H. Shin, "Power and heat load of IT equipment projections for new data center's HVAC system design", Korea Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, vol. 24, no. 3, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2012.24.3.212 https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2012.24.3.212
- Y. H. Jung, H. J. Chang, J. H. Seo, "Server Room Temperature Condition in Data Center with Cold Aisle Containment System", Korea Journal of Air- Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, vol. 25, no. 2, 2013.
- H. J. Chang, Y. H. Jung, J. H. Seo, "The relaxation plan of cooling discharge temperature condition in data center server room", Proceedings of the Korean Solar Energy Society, vol. 32, no. 2, 2012.
- ASHRAE, Thermal Guidelines for Data Processing Environments Second Edition, Datacom Series, 2009.
- Magunus K. Herrlin, "Rack Cooling effectiveness in data centers and telecom central offices", Transaction (ASHRAE), vol. 3, Part 2, 2005.