- Volume 17 Issue 7
This study examined how the APU noise of an aircraft influences the work efficiency and stress of airport ramp workers. A survey of airport ramp workers was conducted and the results analyzed. In the demographic analysis, men outnumbered women - accounting for 86% of the survey target - and 80% of the respondents were found to be employees with less than 15 years of work experience. The occupational cluster of the total of 160 respondents included 41 aircraft maintenance workers, 70 ground staff (Cargo, Water and Waste services), 19 ramp coordinators, 18 ramp controllers and 12 catering Service workers. The ground staff were the most prevalent, constituting 44% of the occupational cluster. Regarding the APU noise, 74% of the respondents answered that the environment was "always noisy", while 26% answered that it was "sometimes noisy". 85% answered that they are sensitive to and put under stress by the APU noise, while the majority of the respondents answered that the APU noise degrades their work efficiency. In conclusion, this study examined the effect of APU noise on the work efficiency and stress of airport ramp workers by analyzing the survey data by Regression and Chi-square analysis.
Grant : 품질경영
Supported by : 국방기술품질원
- K.S. Kim, "Hearing Loss. In: Occupational Disease(translated by Yu KY)", Gyechuk Munwhasa. Seoul, pp. 319-340, 2007.
- K.Y. Yu, J.B. Park, K.B Min, C. Lee, H.G. Kil, Y.R. Jung, K.J. Lee, "Effects of Aircraft noise on Children's Mental Health: Data from the Health Survey of Inhabitants in the Vicinity of Gunsan Airport", Korean Journal of Occup Environ Med. 2010: 22(4), pp. 298-306, 2010.
- A. Tarnopolsky, G. Watkins, D.J. Hand, "Aircraft noise and mental health: I. Prevalence of individual symptoms. Psychol Med", Cambridge Univ Press, ;10(4), pp. 683-698, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291700054982
- M.C. Hardoy, M.G. Carta, A.R. Marci, "Exposure to aircraft noise and risk of psychiatric disorders; the Elmas survey", Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol, 40(1), pp. 24-26, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00127-005-0837-x https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-005-0837-x
- J.H. Lee, "A study on health of noise", Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, College of Medicine, pp. 12-13, 2011.
- National Noise Information System, Available From: http://www.noiseinfo.or.kr/about/info.jsp?pageNo=962 (accessed May. 5, 2016)
- F. Gugliermetti, F. Bisegna, A.C. Violante, C. Aureli, "Noise exposure of the ramp''s operators in airport apron", International Congress on Acoustics, pp23-27, 2010.
- H.M. Hwang, M.R. Kim, "The relationship of quality of sleep, fatigue and job stress of airlines international flight attendants in full service carriers", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 10 pp. 7013-7020, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.7013 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.7013
- Boeing, Available From: http://www.boeing.com/resources/boeingdotcom/commer cial/noise/beijing.html, (accessed May. 15, 2016)
- Incheon Airport, "Green Insight 2014", LACP, Vision Award, 2014
- Emanuel Fleuti, Peter Hofmann, "Aircraft APU Emissions at Zurich Airport", UNIQUE, 2005.