- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Efficiency Improvement Method of Photovoltaic System Using DC-DC Voltage Regulator
DC-DC 전압 레귤레이터를 이용한 태양광전원의 효율향상 방안에 관한 연구
- Tae, Donghyun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education) ;
- Park, Jaebum (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education) ;
- Kim, Miyoung (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education) ;
- Choi, Sungsik (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education) ;
- Kim, Chanhyeok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education) ;
- Rho, Daeseok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education)
- 태동현 (한국기술교육대 전기전자통신공학부) ;
- 박재범 (한국기술교육대 전기전자통신공학부) ;
- 김미영 (한국기술교육대 전기전자통신공학부) ;
- 최성식 (한국기술교육대 전기전자통신공학부) ;
- 김찬혁 (한국기술교육대 전기전자통신공학부) ;
- 노대석 (한국기술교육대 전기전자통신공학부)
- Received : 2016.04.15
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
Recently, the installation of photovoltaic (PV) systems has been increasing due to the worldwide interest in eco-friendly and infinitely abundant solar energy. However, the output power of PV systems is highly influenced by the surrounding environment. For instance, a string of PV systems composed of modules in series may become inoperable under cloudy conditions or when in the shade of a building. In other words, under these conditions, the existing control method of PV systems does not allow the string to be operated in the normal way, because its output voltage is lower than the operating range of the grid connected inverter. In order to overcome this problem, we propose a new control method using a DC-DC voltage regulator which can compensate for the voltage of each string in the PV system. Also, based on the PSIM S/W, we model the DC-DC voltage regulator with constant voltage control & MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) control functions and 3-Phase grid connected inverter with PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) control function. From the simulation results, it is confirmed that the present control method can improve the operating efficiency of PV systems by compensating for the fluctuation of the voltage of the strings caused by the surrounding conditions.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Jung-hwa Kang, "Global PV industry outlook in 2014", The Export-Import Bank of Korea, http://slidegur.com/doc/1484107/Industrial PV of the World--koreaecim, 2014.
- Yong-Sik Lee, Nam-In Kim, Sung-Won Jeong, Jae-Hyeon Gim, "Comparison of MPPT Control Method Characteristic for Stand-alone PV System", Journal of The Korean Solar Energy Society 61(1), pp. 75-79, 2012.1. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.1.075 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.1.075
- Seungkyu Ock, Oh Yang, "A Study on the New MPPT Control Method for Grid-connected PV Generation System", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology 10(2), pp. 28-35, 2012.2.
- Jung-Hyun Kim, Gwang-Seob Kim, Kyo-Beum Lee, "A Sensorless MPPT Control Using an Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Logic for PV Battery Chargers", THE KOREAN INSTITUTE OF POWER ELECTRONICS 35(2), pp. 43-52, 2015.4. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.4.349 https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.4.349
- Wujong Lee, Hyunsik Jo, Hak Ju Lee, Hanju Cha, "Seamless Transfer Operation Between Grid-connected and Stand-Alone Mode in the Three-phase Inverter", Journal of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers 62(2), pp. 201-207, 2013.2. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.2.201 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.2.201
- Jeong Ku-In, Kwon Jung-Min, "Parallel operating technique for the stand alone PV PCS", The Transaction of The Korean Solar Energy Society 35(6), pp. 9-15, 2015.12. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7836/kses.2015.35.6.009 https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2015.35.6.009
- S. Y. Pyo, O. S. Kwon, K. H. Kim, "A Study on Efficient Management of Solar Powered LED Street Lamp Using Weather forecast", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC) vol. 15, no. 2, pp.129-135, Apr. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.2.129 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.2.129
- K. H. Kim, "Internet Management System for an Intelligent Remote Control and Monitoring", The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1-5, 2010.
- Y. S. Hong, C. S. Kim, B.J. Yun, "A Management Method for Solar Photovoltaic Power Generation System Using Intelligence", The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet Television and Telecommunication vol. 6 no. 2, pp. 35-41, 2006.
- J. J. Kang, D. Y. Lim, "Implementation of Solar Garden Light using HIC(Hybrid Integrated Circuit)", The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet Television and Telecommunication, vol. 6 no. 1, pp. 51-56, 2006.
- I. K. Park, W. B. Lee, "Development of Current Control System Appropriate to a Big-Capacity LED Lamp using Microprocessor", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC) Vol. 15, No. 4, pp.191-198, Aug. 31, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.4.191 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.4.191