- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Design Concept & Construction Method of Office Building with Stacks at Thermal Power Plant
화력발전소 연돌통합형 종합사무동의 설계개념과 시공공법 연구
- Kim, Si-Hyun (Dept. of Architecture, Korea Southern Power Co.) ;
- Choi, Jang-Soon (Dept. of Architecture Design, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2016.03.14
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
A thermal power plant is the first CFBC (Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion) power plant consisting of 2 boilers-1 turbine. The optimal height of a stack needs to be approximately 156 meters in the case of this thermal power plant; however, the thermal power plant sites satisfy a function and reduce the construction cost by using mountains in the sites after cutting the ground and locating an integrated office and chimney at an altitude of 70 meters thereby lowering the height of the stack to 86 meters. In addition, the integrated office, which has a combined stack style with a unique design, is constructed by connecting with 2 stacks and disposing the office and an observatory in the space between them. Therefore, this study examined the design concept that fulfils the structural, functional, and aesthetic factors, harmoniously by joining the integrated office and the stack, which are disparate, and investigated special construction methods (Slip Form, Steel Inner Flue & Lift-up) through which heterogeneous architectures are structurally, functionally, and aesthetically constructed.
- Kim, Si-Hyun, Choi, Jang-Soon, A Study on the Design Concepts and Main Construction Processes of the Coal Shed at Thermal Power Plant, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 5 pp. 3619, 2015 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3619 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3619
- Korea Southern Power Co., The purchase contracts and installation specifications of coal treatment equipment, pp. 263, 2013.
- Korean standards & Certifications, https://standard.go.kr/KSCI/standardIntro/getStandardSearchView.do, 10 Mar. 2016
- ASTM INTERNATIONAL, ASTM B265-15 Standard Specification for Titanium and Titanium Alloy Strip, Sheet, and Plate, http://www.astm.org/search/fullsite-search.html?query=ASTM%20B265&resStart=0&resLength=10&, 14 March, 2016.
- ASTM INTERNATIONAL, ASTM B898-11(2016) Standard Specification for Reactive and refractory Metal Clad Plate, http://www.astm.org/search/fullsite-search.html?query=ASTM%20B898&resStart=0&resLength=10&, 14 March, 2016.
- Korea Southern Power Co., The contract document for the integrated office building connected with stacks, pp.5-2-158-175, 2013.