- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
FUSE-based Syslog Agent for File Access Log
파일 접근 로그를 위한 FUSE 기반의 Syslog 에이전트
- Son, Tae-Yeong (Division of Computer Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Rim, Seong-Rak (Division of Computer Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2016.05.11
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
Because the log information provides some critical clues for solving the problem of illegal system access, it is very important for a system administrator to gather and analyze the log data. In a Linux system, the syslog utility has been used to gather various kinds of log data. Unfortunately, there is a limitation that a system administrator should rely on the services only provided by the syslog utility. To overcome this limitation, this paper suggests a syslog agent that allows the system administrator to gather log information for file access that is not serviced by syslog utility. The basic concept of the suggested syslog agent is that after creating a FUSE, it stores the accessed information of the files under the directory on which FUSE has been mounted into the log file via syslog utility. To review its functional validity, a FUSE file system was implemented on Linux (Ubunt 14.04), and the log information of a file access was collected and confirmed.
Supported by : 호서대학교
- WanJib Kim, HeungYoul Youm, "Integrated Management of Heterogeneous Log and Compliance IT Compliance," KIISC Vol.20 no.5, pp. 65-73, 2010.
- JooHo Jeon, HoeGun Koo, ByeongSeon Choi, WonGu Lee, JaeGwang Lee, "Design and Implement the Integrate Log Analysis Agent Based on Linux System," Journal of the Korea Society for Internet Information Conference2(2), pp. 350-353, 2001.
- Scott Mann, Ellen L. Mitchell, Linux System Security: An Administrator's Guide to Open Source Security Tools, 2nd Ed, pp. 162-163, Prentice Hall Professional, 1999.
- MoonKyung Kim, HyunChul Eom, JaeChun No, SungSun Park, "The Design and Implementation of FUSE-Based WORM File System," KIISE, 35(2B), pp. 396-400, 2008.
- FUSE homepage, http://fuse.sourceforge.net/
- Liu Di, Pingchang Bai, Hong Jiang, "Using the User Space File System to Protect File," IEEE international conference on Apperceiving Computing and Intelligence Analysis(ICACIA), pp. 350-353, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICACIA.2010.5709917 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACIA.2010.5709917
- Takahasi Hirokazu, Oda Iturou, Yamahata Isaku, Linux Kernel 2.6 structure and principal, HANBIT Media, pp. 47, 2011.
- SooYoung Kim, HongYeon Kim, YoungKyun Kim, "pNFS Metadata Server Design based on FUSE," KCC 2012, Vol.39, No.1(A), pp. 1-3, 2012.
- DaeYoung Heo, SunTae Hwang, "Cloud Service for Managing Remote Simulation Processes by Fiile System Commands," Journal of KIISE : Computing Practices and Letters, 19(7), pp. 408-412, 2013.
- JunSup Song, DongKun Shin, "Performance Improvement with Zero Copy Technique on FUSE-based Consumer Devices," 2014 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics(ICCE), pp. 434-435, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICCE.2014.6776074 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCE.2014.6776074