- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study of geothermal heat dump for solar collectors overheat protection
태양열 집열관 과열방지를 위한 지중열교환기 연구
- Hwang, Hyun-Chang (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Chi, Ri-Guang (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Kye-Bock (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Rhi, Seok-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2016.04.05
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
The heating load using solar hot water is lower in summer than in the other seasons. This decreased heating load leads to the overheating solar collectors and related components. To prevent overheating of the solar collectors, air cooling and shading shields were used. On the other hand, it requires additional mechanical components, and reduces the system reliability. The geothermal heat dump system to release the high temperature heat (over
Supported by : 충북대학교
- D. W. Lee, "Overview and Status of solar system," The Society of Air-conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, Vol.40, No. 5, pp. 05-10, 2011.
- H. Y Kwak, "Solar thermal and solar hybrid system for preventing solar overheating," Korean Association of Air Conditioning Refrigerating and Sanitay Engineers, Vol. 30, No. 11, pp. 63-69, 2013.
- S. G Bae, "A study on reducing temperature rise of twin-glass evacuated tube solar collector during summer time," THE KOREAN SOLAR ENERGY SOCIETY, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 36-41, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7836/kses.2013.33.3.036 https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2013.33.3.036
- K. G. Ko, "Solar assisted and air heat source using multi source heat pump system," The Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 12, pp. 67-72, 2005.
- L. Guo, X. Chen, Z. Feng and B. Bai, "Transient convective heat transfer in a helical coiled tube with pulsatile fully developed turbulent flow," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 41, No. 19, pp. 2867-2875, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(98)80003-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(98)80003-3
- J. P. Holman, heat transfer ,Mc Graw Hill, 2004.
- S. Vashisth, V. Kumar, and K. D. P. Nigam, "A review on the Potential Applications of Curved Geometries in Process Industry", American Chemical Society, Vol. 47, No. 10, 3pp. 291-3337, 2008.
- Y. K. Lee, J. H. Y, M. H. Kang, , "Flow analysis of turbomachinary based on CFX's Pressure-Based Coupled and Various turbulent Model", Journal of Turbomachinery, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 82-90, 2004.
- S. S. Noh, "Demonstration research for heat pipe of simplicity type of a vacuum tubs solar heat system", Chosun University, Master Thesis, 2014.
- H. C. Hwang, "A Study on the Thermal-Flow Characteristics of Heat Pipe Energy System(Solar Water System and AMTEC)," Chungbuk National University Master's Thesis, 2015.
- B. H. Sohn, S. W. Park, H. S. Choi, J. H. Wi, J. H. Lim, "Evaluation of Conventional Prediction Models for Soll Thermal Conductivity to Design Horizontal Ground Heat Exchangers," Korean Geotechnical Society, vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 5-14, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2013.29.2.5 https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2013.29.2.5