- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Research on transmission energy and data using induced electromotive force of coil
코일의 유도기전력을 이용한 에너지 및 데이터 전송방법에 관한 연구
- Jung, Hee-Chur (Defense Agengcy for Technology and Quality) ;
- Seo, Jung-Hwa (Defense Agengcy for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Kyoung-Rok (Defense Agengcy for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Myung-Hyun (Defense Agengcy for Technology and Quality) ;
- Koo, Ja-Chun (Hanwha)
- Received : 2016.03.07
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study concerns the transmission of energy and data using induced electromotive force. Due to the requirements of weapon systems, most arms are kept in an armory for a very long time before being used. During this time, the reserve battery, which serves mostly as a power supply for the electronic fuze, can be degraded, thus causing problems when it is actually needed. We attempt to solve the various problems associated with the old fuze system caused by long-term storage by using the 'induction power' transmitted from another device just before its operation, instead of using 'built-in power'. We tried to find the best carrier frequency to communicate with the system by induced electromotive force. Also, we changed the communication method for transmitting the 'induction power' from 'FM/AM modulation' to 'Duty ratio modulation', which can transmit a large amount of data in a short time. Through experiments, it was demonstrated that the induction coil can replace the reserve fuze's battery without any problem, thus confirming the possibility of using an induction coil as the power supply source of the electronic fuze.
Grant : 품질경영
Supported by : 국방기술품질원
- "Test Method Standard for Environment Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests, MIL-STD-810E", U.S Department of Defense, Washington, D.C., pp. 501.3, Jan. 1989.
- Sang-Hee Yoon, Jong-Soo Oh, and Seok-Woo Lee, "Miniaturized Inertia Generators as Power Supplies for Small-Caliber Fuzes", IEEE Transactions on magnetics, vol. 41, pp. 2300-2306, July 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.851863 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.851863
- C.W.T McLyman, "Transformer and Inductor Design Handbook, Marcel Dekker inc, New York", pp. 200-203, 1978.
- A. Buckley and P.H. Freymond, "30mm air burst munition ABM", Proceedings of the 35th NDIA Annual Gun and Ammunition Symposium, Williamsburg, USA, 2000.
- J.C. Timmerman, "Air bursting munitions a systems perspective", Proceedings of the 36th NDIA Annual Gun and Ammunition Symposium, San Diego, USA, 2001.