- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Prevalence Rates of and Related Factors to Constipation in Elementary School Students
초등학생의 변비 발생률과 관련요인
- Kim, Eun-Young (Department of Nursing, Gwangju University) ;
- Jung, Eun-Young (Department of Nursing, Choengam College)
- Received : 2016.04.12
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This is descriptive research to understand the constipation rate of elementary school students due to their differences in cognition of their eating habits, hours of exercise/physical activity, stress, and school restroom environment in accordance with the matter of constipation, as well as the factors related to the constipation rate. A total of 741 students (grade3-6) from six elementary schools in Jeollanam-do were targeted; the survey was conducted from April 30th to May 12th, 2014. The frequency, percentage,
Supported by : 광주대학교
- Y. S. Kwon, "Alterations in Bowel Elminiation: constipation", The Korean nurse, Vol.32(2), pp. 20-23, 1993.
- Constipation Guideline Committee of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Evaluation and treatment of Constipation in Infants and Children: Recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Vol.43(3), pp. 1-13, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mpg.0000228123.90347.ba
- J. Y. Kim, "Constipation in Children", Korean Journal of Pediatrics Vol.48(4), pp. 355-362, 2005.
- E. Corazziari, "Need of the Ideal Drug for the Treatment of Chronic Constipation", Italian Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Vol.31(3), PP. S232-233, 1999.
- J. H. Kim, "Psychological Factors Associated with Symptoms Related with Bowel Movement in College Women", Korean Journal of Health Psychology Vol.8(2), pp. 375-397, 2003.
- J. M. Croffie, J. F. Fitzgerald, W. A. Walker, " Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management", 2nd ed. St. Louis: Mos-by-Year Book, pp. 984-997, 1996.
- H. K. Lee, S. J. N. Choi, "Chronic Constipation Led to Sigmoid Volvulus in a Child", Journal of the Korean Surgical Society, Vol.77, pp. 441-444, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4174/jkss.2009.77.6.441 https://doi.org/10.4174/jkss.2009.77.6.441
- D. A. Arce, C. A. Ermocilla, H. Costa, "Evaluation of constipation", American Family Physician, Vol.65(11), pp. 2283-90, 2002. http://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0601/p2283.pdf
- M. S. Kim, M. S. Lee, B. J. Na, E. Y. Kim, J. Y. Hong, "Prevalence Rates of and Related Factors to Constipation in Elementary School Students", Korean Journal of Health Promotion, Vol.13(3), pp. 93-98, 2013.
- National Health Insurance Service. http://www.longtermcare.or.kr/npbs/d/m/000/moveBoardView?menuId=npe0000000780&bKey=B0010&search_boardId=50222
- A. Y. Kim, H. Y. Lee, C. H. Hong, S. W. Han, "The Significance of the Parents' Description of Constipation in Pediatric Voiding Dysfunction", The Korean Urological Association, Vol.49(5), pp. 439-442, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4111/kju.2008.49.5.439 https://doi.org/10.4111/kju.2008.49.5.439
- M. J. Kim, D. G. Kim, J. Y. Lee, "The Relationship between Allergic Diseases and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children and Adolescents", The Association of Korean Oriental Pediatrics, Vol.28(1), pp. 32-42. 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7778/jpkm.2014.28.1.032 https://doi.org/10.7778/jpkm.2014.28.1.032
- J. H. Park, J. T. Son, "Prevalence and Factors Influencing Constipation in School Age Children", Journal of the Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.20(4), pp. 333-344, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.4.333 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.4.333
- S. J. Cho, Y. J. Ahn, E. Y. Kim, Y. I. Rho, E. D. Yang, Y. B. Park, K. R. Moon, "The Prevalence and Associated Factors of Constipation in the School-Aged Children", Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Vol.5(1), pp. 26-32, 2002.
- A. P. Corfield, D. Carroll, N. Myerscough, C. S. Probert, "Mucins in the Gastrointestinal Tract in Health and Disease, Frontiers in Bioscience, Vol.6, pp. 1321-3257, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2741/A684 https://doi.org/10.2741/A684
- B. Piko, "Epidemiology of Psychosomatic Symptoms and Subjective Health Evaluation among Secondary School Students", Orvosi Hetilap, Vol.140(23), pp.1297-1304, 1999.
- M. H. Choi, "The Study of Relationship Between Constipation and Stress in High School Students", Unpublished Master's Thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, 2004.
- S. H. Park, "Prevalence of Constipation and Factors Affecting Constipation of High School Students in Daejeon", Unpublished Master's Thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon. 2006.
- M. H. Lim, "A Study on Dietary Habit of Elementary School Students Living in Gumi Area", Unpublished Master's Thesis, Daegu University, Gyeongbuk, 2009.
- M. Y. Kim, H. Y. Koo, S. O. Kim, T. Y. Kim, W. O. Oh, H. O. Yun, et al., "A Growth Development of a Children and Nursing", Seoul; Koonja Publishing Inc. 2007.
- Y. J. Lee, "Related factors of constipation in middle school students", Unpublished Master's Thesis, Konyang University, Chungnam, 2007.
- M. S. Kim, J. Y. Hong, M. S. Lee, B. J. Na, J. Y. Lee, J. H. Hwang, "Related Factors of Constipation in Elementary School Students", The Korea Academia-industrial Cooperation Society, 2010 Annual Conference, pp. 1000-1004, 2010.
- Y. K. Ahn, H. K. Ro, "A Survey on Preference for Vegetable Cooking Methods and Vegetable-Aversion -Related Factors among Elementary School Students in Kwangju and Chonnam Regions", Journal of Community Nutrition, Vol.14(5), pp. 531-544, 2009.
- J. H. Kim, Y. S. Kim, Y. Kim, M. S. Kang, "Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Factors Affecting Fruit and Vegetable Consumption of School Children and Adolescents: Findings from Focus-Group Interviews with School Nutrition Teachers and Nutritionists", The Korean Society of Community Living Science, Vol.24(4), pp. 567-581, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2013.24.4.567 https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2013.24.4.567
- J. W. Park, Y. H. Jung, "The Stress, Coping Behavior and Health States of Elementary Students in Community Child Centers", The Korean Society of Stress Medicine, Vol.20(4), pp. 309-320, 2012.
- H. J. Park, "Relationship between Depression and School Achievement in Elementary School Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15(10), pp. 6168-6175, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.10.6168 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.10.6168
- J. S. Kang, E. H. Hwang, "Stress, Self-esteem and School Adjustment According to Distinction of Sex for Early Adolescents", The Korean Society of Stress Medicine, Vol.20(3), pp. 149-157, 2012.
- M. F. Chan, Y. L. Chan, "Investigating Factors Associated with Functional Constipation of Primary School Children in Hong Kong. Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vol.19, PP. 3390-3400, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03362.x
- D. W. Jun, H. Y. Park, O. Y. Lee, H. L. LEE, B. C. Yoon, H. S. Choi, J. S. Hahm, M. H. Lee, D. H. Lee, "A Population-based Study on Bowel Habits in a Korean Community: Prevalence of Functional Constipation and Self-reported Constipation", Digestive Diseases and Sciences, Vol.51(8), pp. 1471-1477, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10620-006-9087-3 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10620-006-9087-3
- A. Wald, C. Scarpignato, M. A. Kamm, S. Mueller-Lissner, I. Helfrich, C. Schuijt, J. Bubeck, C.Limoni, O. Petrini, "The Burden of Constipation on Quality of Life: Results of a Multinational Survey", Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Vol.26(2), pp. 227-236, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2036.2007.03376.x