- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
On Enhancing Safety of Train-Centric Train Control System using Model-Based Development
차상중심 열차제어시스템 개발에서 모델기반 접근을 통한 안전성 향상에 관한 연구
- Choi, Myung-Sung (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Joo-Uk (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Han, Seok-Youn (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Oh, Se-Chan (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Sim, Sang-Hyun (SPID) ;
- Lee, Jae-Chon (Dept. of Systems Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2016.05.31
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
The train control system is a facility to ensure model-based design and safe train operation, and its safety is the most important factor for system introduction, complexity of the design information and traceability etc. Therefore, the model-based design and safety activities regarding the way-side equipment of a train control system is also highlighted. To solve this problem, In this paper, model-based design was carried out first to develop an effective train control system, which is represented by SysML(System Modeling Language). The test scenarios that can take advantage of the design model were created to improve the train safety control system. Case studies of a model-based design of a train-centric train control system were applied to the test scenarios; the results demonstrated its usability. The improved activity over the test highlighted the safety improvement approach, and it is expected to reduce the cost and time in the conceptual design of a future development model-based train control system.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- D.H. Shin, J.H. Baek, K.M. Lee, Y.K. Kim, "A study on the reliability management of onboard signaling equipment for the korean tilting train", Journal of the korea society for railway, Vol.12, No.6, pp. 825-838, December, 2009.
- J.H. Baek, H.J. Jo, K.M. Lee, K.Y. Kim, D.H. Shin, J.H. Lee, "The study of wayside signal equipment control by ICT-based onboard", 2012th summer conference & annual meeting of the korean institute of electrical engineers, pp. 1544-1545, July, 2012.
- Y.K. Yoon, S.C. Oh, M.S. Kim, Y.K. Kim, J.Y. Choi, J.Y. Park, "A study of system functions allocation of wireless communications based train control system", 2011th autumn conference & annual meeting of the korea society for railway, pp. 2300-2305. October, 2011.
- J.H. Baek, H.J. Jo, E.K. Chae, H.Y. Choi, Y.G. Kim, "Feasibility study of improved train control system using on-board controller for intelligent control of trackside facilities", Journal of the korean society for railway, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 528-533, December, 2013 https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.6.528
- B. Ward, "Modeling and simulation for mission-based test and evaluation (MBT&E)", in Proc. 27th Annual National Test & Evaluation Conference, March. 17, 2011.
- L. Grello, "Model based systems engineering (mbse) and modeling and simulation (m&s) adding value to test and evaluation (t&e)," in Test and Evaluation Conference, March, 2011.
- Test and Evaluation in Support of Systems Acquisition, Department of the Army Pamphlet 73-1, 2003.
- F. Fratrik, "Challenges in Software Sa fety for Army Test and Evaluation," ITEA Journal, vol. 30, pp. 409-416, 2009.
- K. Phelan, J. Summers, P. Guarneri, "Engineering change management - Verification, validation, and testing planning tool development," in Proc. Proceedings of TMCE 2014, pp. 587-598, May 19-23, 2014.
- P. Shankar, J. Summers, k. Phelan, "A verification and validation planning method to address change propagation effects in engineering design," in Proc. Proceedings of TMCE 2014, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 635-648, May 19-23, 2014.
- P. Clements, R. Kazman, M. Klein, "Evaluating Software Architectures : Methods and Case Studies," Addison Wesley, pp.44-68, 2002.