- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Factors on the Economic Burden of Middle Age Householder Supporting the Family
중·장년기 가구주의 경제적 부양부담 영향요인
- Kim, Hye-Sun (Dept. of Social Welfare, Shingu University) ;
- Park, Hyo-Jin (Division of General Education, Hyupsung University)
- Received : 2016.04.28
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study examined the economic burden of middle age householders supporting their family. They could not prepare for their later life because they are supporting their parents and children in their unstable employment. This study examined how to decrease the burden of middle age householders. Using the Korea Welfare Panel Study, this study analyzed data by hierarchical regression. The result showed that age, gender, education, unemployed, ownership of the house, number of employees, monthly income, and family relationship satisfaction had an effect on the economic burden of support by middle age householders. Based on the result, the researchers offered political suggestions for decreasing the levels of economic burden of support by middle age householders.
Supported by : 신구대학교
- OECD, Society at a Glance 2014 : OECD Social Indicators, 2014.
- J. M. Kim, K. W. Um, "A Study on economic preparation for the elderly life of baby-boomers focused on families' characteristics", Journal of Korean Social Welfare Administration, Vo.16, No. 4, pp.197-221, 2014.
- W. S. Choi, J. S. Lee, "A Study on factors influencing for work plan of female babyboomer", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp.299-327. 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2014.34.1.299 https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2014.34.1.299
- S. M. Kim, S. K. Koh, "Intergenerational financial resource transfers and preparation for later life in the middle-aged", Journal of Korean Family Resource Management Association, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 59-76, 2012.
- H. S. Jeon, M. Y. Kim, "The Relationships of the Caregiving Awareness, Caregiving Appraisal for Middle-aged and Senescent Life Plans", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 206-231, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2012.32.2.206 https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2012.32.2.206
- H. J. Kho, S. H. Jung, "A Study on the typology of Korean retirees by wsing the method of mixture model", Consumtion Culture Study, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 61-88, 2013.
- J. K. Kim, "Economic Burden of Support by the Baby Boom Generation", Monthly Labor Review, Vol. 63, pp. 21-36, 2010.
- Y. M. Jang, Y. L. Hur, M. S. Jung, "A study on the Wellness Change of Life in the Baby Boomer Generation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No. 3, pp. 215-220, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.3.215 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.3.215
- J. Y. Park, B. J. Kim, "Analysis on the differences in the participation and cost of private tutoring for employment of college students", The Journal of Economics and Finance of Education, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 285-308, 2012.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2011.
- Statistics Korea, 2015.
- S. D. Chung, H. H. Lee, "Relationship between family characteristics and preparation for later life: A comparison of babyboomers and the pre-elderly", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 58, pp. 209-231, 2012.
- K. H. Jeong, S. Y. Park, "The effects of family care giving-burden on middle-aged people's preparation for old age - The mediating effect of self-efficacy, Journal of Welfare for the Aged Vol. 63, pp. 115-147, 2014.
- OECD, "Pension at a Glance 2015", 2015.
- B. S. Kim, "A poverty of the older workers and international comparison of income replacement rate of pension", Monthly Labor Review, Vol. 120, pp. 100-102, 2015.
- S. J. Lim, S. Y. Auh, "The influences from the retirement provision in terms of financial, relational, and residential aspects on life satisfaction among the middle aged Korean", Journal of Korean Family Relations Association, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 45-64, 2015.
- Y. B. Kim, S. H. Lee, "The Depressive Symptom and Poverty in Later Life : Interaction Effect between Poverty and Informal Social Relationships", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No. 12, pp. 401-411, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.401 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.401
- Y. B. Kim, J. S. Park, "The Family Network and Life Satisfaction of Elderly in South Korea", Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, Vol. 24. No. 1, pp. 169-185, 2004..
- S. G. Lee, "Factors Affecting Baby Boomer's Life Satisfaction : Focusing on Gender Difference", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 10, pp. 73-86, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.73 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.73
- S. C. Ha, "A study on influential factors of income transfers between parents and children: Focusing on parents as beneficiaries and children as providers", Family and Culture, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 101-136, 2012. https://doi.org/10.21478/family.24.2.201207.004
- S. K. Koh, "Intergenerational Resource Transfers in the Middle and the Early Old Aged : An Effect of Financial Resources", Journal of Korean Family Resource Management Association, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 157-175. 2011.
- S. D. Chung, Y. S. Kim, " Factors Influencing Family Relationship Satisfaction of Baby-boomers and the Pre-elderly: Focused on Sex Role Perception and Caregiving Burden", Journal of family relations, Vol. 18. No. 4, pp. 181-197, 2014..
- N. I. Sung, S. W. Hong, "An Empirical Study on the Korean Household Expenditure for Private Tutoring", Korea Review of Applied Economics, Vol. 10. No. 3, pp. 183-212, 2009.
- J. S. Jung, H. H. Kim, "Analysis on the Influential Factors on Private Tutoring Expenditure of Korean College Students", The Journal of economics and finance of education, Vol. 18. No. 3, pp. 89-122, 2009.
- Y. J. Kim, J. A. Kim, H. S. Ka, "The Effect of Caregiving Stress on Depression among Korean Married Adult Children of Korea ", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 10, pp. 563-570, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.563 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.563
- Y. J. Park, I. U. Song, "The analysis on the causal model the burden of family conflict, family support and caregiving burden", Korean Journal of Gerontological Social Welfare, Vol. 39. pp. 53-77, 2008.