- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of Detroit's Improving Empty Homes Method from the perspective on abandoned space
유휴공간 관점의 디트로이트 빈집정비 방식의 특성에 관한 연구
- Oh, Joon-Gul (School of Architecture, Seoul National University of Science & Technology)
- 오준걸 (서울과학기술대학교 건축학부)
- Received : 2016.06.17
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
Abandoned empty houses are largely left neglected as unused space, due to the slowdown in the real estate market that has resulted from the declination of urban functions. This research aims to analyze the characteristics of the City of Detroit's policies and regeneration efforts regarding abandoned houses, based on the perspective of unused space. This is expected to provide the baseline data for similar efforts to be applied to abandoned houses in the Korean context, thus preventing the decline of urbanism by adopting relevant policies and regeneration efforts. Some of the key features of the City of Detroit's regeneration efforts are: 1) the active participation of residents and open-data policies, 2) the diversification of regeneration strategies depending on the potential of the unused space, and 3) securing differential plurality of the regeneration processes.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Korea Urban Regeneration Center, Division of Urban Regional Planning, Development Strategy of Metropolitan Decay Area Regeneration (3rd, 4th Phase Integrated Research Report), pp. 64-70, 02. 2014.
- City of Detroit, The Department of Administrative Hearings, Your Community's Partner in Blight Fighting, pp. 4 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/b714786b
- City of Detroit, The Department of Administrative Hearings, Your Community's Partner in Blight Fighting, pp. 05
- Detroit Blight Removal Task Force Plan, Every Neighborhood has a future... and it doesn't include blight, pp. 3, 05. 2014.
- City of Seoul Press Release, Convert Abandoned House to Leasable House "Project of Empty Home Renewal" 02. 04. 2015.
- News Busan (Busan Portal, Move In 1/2 Price Rental Apartment 'HatSal DungJi', 05. 17. 2012. https://news.busan.go.kr/ArticleView.bs?parcode=MNU_00000014007&prgcode=ATC_00000000001&schIdx=36992
- Detroit Blight Removal Task Force Plan, Every Neighborhood has a future... and it doesn't include blight, pp. 10, 05. 2014.
- Detroit Blight Removal Task Force Plan, Every Neighborhood has a future... and it doesn't include blight, pp. 100, 05. 2014.
- Detroit Blight Removal Task Force Plan, Every Neighborhood has a future... and it doesn't include blight, pp. 130, 05. 2014.
- Yoon, Dong-Soo, Business Activation Studies on Utilization of Unoccupied House in Seoul for Urban Regeneration, University of Seoul International School of Urban Science, 02. 2016.
- Korea Urban Regeneration Center, Guideline of Urban Regeneration for Neighborhood Regeneration type, 03. 2014.
- Oh, JoonGul, A Study on Public Renewal of Abandoned Space by Public Sector, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, No. 6, 06. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.3005 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.3005
- Oh, JoonGul, Kim Kang-Hyun, A Study on the Concept of Underused Multi-Dimensional Space and Design Characteristics of Space Renewal, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, vol. 27, no. 7. 2011. 07.
- Oh, JoonGul, A Study on the 'Reciprocal Publicity'-based Space Renewal of Industrial Sites, Seoul National University Ph. D. Dissertation, 2013. 02.