- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Strategy to promote Geospatial Information Industry based on Users Requirements Analysis
수요자 요구 분석을 통한 공간정보산업 진흥 전략에 관한 연구 -전문가 설문조사를 중심으로-
- Seok, Sangmuk (Spatial Information Industry Promotion Institute) ;
- Song, Ki Sung (Spatial Information Industry Promotion Institute) ;
- Hwang, Jung Rae (Spatial Information Industry Promotion Institute)
- Received : 2016.06.02
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
The geospatial information industry has the advantage of being able to converge with other industries to create new value. Therefore, efforts are underway to promote the growth of this dwindling national industry by endorsing policies and initiatives to promote its convergence with other industries. In this study, feedback was collected from experts in various fields through three rounds of polls using the Delphi method. The poll results were used to investigate the causes of hindrance to the growth of the geospatial information industry and to build a comprehensive solution to this problem. As a result, 27 strategies were constructed based on the users' requirements related to policy, data and service, including the demands for establishing public polling methods, enhancing data quality and advertisement. Since the coefficient of variance fell between 0.11 and 0.20 in the importance evaluation, an amicable consensus was reached between the experts. Considering that the convergence of industries is achieved through the integration of various types of technology and information, it is important to consider the requirements of users in different industries. In this respect, the results of this study will serve as a useful base for constructing mid-to-long term road maps to promote the development of the geospatial information industry.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- K. S. Song, H. S. Woo, B. G. Kim, J. R. Hwang, "Supporting Policy for GeoSpatial Information Convergence Industry by Comparing Laws about Convergence Industry," Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, Vol.23, No.6 pp. 9-17, December, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2015.23.6.009 https://doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2015.23.6.009
- TechNavio, "Global GIS Market 2016-2020," 2015.
- MOLIT,"Establishment of the 5th NGIS Master Plan," 2013.
- MOLIT, "Establishment of the 2nd Master Plan for Promotion of the Spatial Data Industry," 2016.
- MOLTMA,"Establishment of the 4th NGIS Implementation Plan," 2010.
- MKE, KITECH,"100 Case Studies in industry convergence," 2011.
- Y. K. Chung, M. S. Kim,"A Study on the Development Policy of Contents Industry in the Convergence Era: Focusing on the Evaluation of Status and Importance," Korean Journal of Communication & Information, Vol.57, pp.227-249, February, 2012.
- MOLTMA, "Establishment of the 1st Master Plan for Promotion of the Spatial Data Industry," 2010.
- C. H. Yu, J. M. Na, "Casual Structure Analysis of Spatial Information Policy using the System Thinking - Focusing on Activation Strategy of Spatial Information Integration and Composite Industry-," Journal of the Korean Cadastre Information Association, Vol.16, No.3 pp. 19-33, December, 2014.
- J. D. Jeong, H. S. Sakong, J. Y. Lee, "Inter-Industry Convergence Strategies of Geospatial Information Industry for Overseas Expansion," Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, Vol.18, No.2 pp. 105-119, June, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2015.18.2.105 https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2015.18.2.105
- S. Y. Lim, J. W. Ahn, M. S. Yi, "A Study on Strategy Direction for Promoting the Geo-spatial Information Industry by Input-Output Analysis," Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, Vol.20, No.6 pp. 69-76, December, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2012.20.6.069 https://doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2012.20.6.069
- S. M. Seok, K. S. Song, H. Y. Kwon, J. R. Hwang, "A Study on the Classification of Geospatial Information Convergence Industry," Proc. of Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry, and Cartography 2016, pp. 114-118, April, 2016.
- C. M. Cho, S. N. Hwang, "Realization Strategy of Convergence GIS based on Spatial Hierarchy," Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, Vol.21, No.5 pp. 83-91, October, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2013.21.5.083 https://doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2013.21.5.083