- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study of the Limitation Standards Setting of Sterilization Processing to Vagetable Juice Contain Barley Sprout
보리새싹 함유 녹즙의 살균공정 한계기준 설정에 관한 연구
- Bang, In-Hee (Department of Food Science and Technology, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Joung, Mi-Yeun (Coporation Cham Sun Jin Green juice) ;
- Kwon, Sang-Chul (Department of Food Science and Technology, Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2016.04.25
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study was performed to set a limitation rule to the UV sterilization process for green vegetable juice containing barley sprouts. The main constituents of the green vegetable juice, viz. barley sprouts, organic Angelica keiskei, carrots, organic dandelion, kale, wild parsley, Angelica keiskei and cabbage, were provided by the CSJ company located in Jincheon, Chungbuk, from December 1st, 2015 to March 1st, 2016. Our manufacturing process followed the general manufacturing process of a general green vegetable juice manufacturer. Table 1 shows the mixing ratio for the green vegetable juice. This green vegetable juice includes 18% vegetable sprouts, 3% barley sprouts, 18% angelica utilis makino, 1% orange concentrate, 4% apple concentrate, 6% fructooligosaccharide, 10% vegetable fermentation juice, 0.4% lemon concentrate and 39.6% purified water. We conducted UV sterilization at levels 10, 8 and 5 with powers of 230W, 320W and 320W, respectively. The UV sterilization was conducted twice at 25Hz and then once at 40Hz. In the bacterial tests after sterilization, the number of bacteria in the dandelions decreased from
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Y. J. Kim, H. T. Park, H. S. Han,"A study on the production and marketing of sprouts and leaf vegetables", Korea Rural Economic Ins, Vol. 26, pp. 5-6, 2006.
- A. W. Khalil, A. Zeb, F. Mahmmod, S. Tariq, A. B. Khattak, H. Shah,"Comparison of sprout quality characteristics of desi and kabuli type chickpea cultivates (Cicer arietinum L.)" LWT, Vol. 40, pp. 937-945, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2006.05.009
- J. H. Park, S. K. Cho, T. M. Kang,"Antibiotic resistances of enterococcus isolated from salad and sprout", J. Korean Soc. Microbiol. Biotechnol, Vol. 36, pp. 142-148, 2008.
- Y. T. Lee,"Dietary fiber composition and viscosity of extracts from domestic barley, wheat, oat, and rye", Korean J Food Nutr, Vol. 14, pp. 233-238, 2001.
- C. F. Klopfenstein,"The role of cereal beta-glucans in nutrition and health", Cereal Foods World, Vol. 33, pp. 865-868, 1998.
- K. M. Behall, D. J. Scholfield, J. Hallfrisch,"Diets containing barley significantly reduce lipids in mildly hypercholesterolemic men and women", Am J Clin Nutr, Vol. 80, pp. 1185-1193, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/80.5.1185
- G. H. McIntosh, J. Whyte, R. Mcarthur, P. J. Nesterl, "Barley and wheat foods: influence on plasma cholesterol concentrations in hypercholesterolemic men", Am J Clin Nutr, Vol. 53, pp. 1205-1209, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/53.5.1205
- B. German, R. Xu, R. Walzem, J. E. Kinsella, B. Knuckles, M. Nakamura, W. Yokoyama,"Effects of dietary fats and barley fiber on total cholesterol and lipoprotein cholesterol distribution in plasma of hamsters", Nutr Res, Vol. 16, pp. 1239-1249, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0271-5317(96)00127-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/0271-5317(96)00127-3
- KFDA, "18-1 Fruit and Vegetables juice", Korea Food Standards Codex(I), pp 101-103, 2010.
- Pedalino B, Feely E, Mckeown P, Foley B, Smyth B, Moren A, "An outbreak of not break of nor walk-like viral Gastroenteritis in holiday makers travelling to andorra, January-February 2002". European Communicable Disease Bulletin, 8, 1, 2003.
- KFDA, 2."Rice-cake or Bread", Korea Food Standards Codex(I), pp. 50-51, KFDA, 2012.
- Jung, S.C and Kim, H.Y.,"Quality Characteristics of Muffins by the Addition of Dried Barley Sprout Powder", KOREAN J. FOOD COOK. Sci., Vol. 30, No.1, pp. 001-010, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.1.001
- K. T. Kim, S. S. Kim, S. H. Lee, D. M. Kim,"The Functionality of Barley Leaves and its Application on Functional Foods", Food Science Industry, 36(1): pp. 45-49. 2003.
- H, Sekiguchi." The function and the effect of barley sprout juice". Damoon. Kyungkido, pp. 87-161, 2004.
- J. J. Lee, Y.M. Lee,, H. D. Shin, Y. S. Jeong and M. Y. Lee,"Effects of Vegetable Sprout Power Mixture on Lipid Metabolism in Rats Fed High Fat Diet", J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, 36(8), pp. 965-974, 2007 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.8.965
- Y. E. Lee,"Bio active compounds in vegetables : their role in the prevention of disease", Kor J Food Cookery Sci., 21, pp. 380-398, 2005
- Y. S. Kim, B. Y. Min, G. B. Seo,"Effects of dietary fiber on lipid metabolism of albint rats", Kor J Food & Nutr 12, pp. 310-315, 1983
- Y. M. Lee,"Effects of Barley Leaf Powder on Lipid Metabolism in Rats and its Antidiabetic Activity". Doctor's thesis. Chosun University. pp. 5-10, 2011.
- E. S. Lim, O. K. Koo,"Contamination of Green Vegetable Juice by E. coli O157:H7 during Storage" Korean J. Food SCI. Technol, 47(4), pp. 446-451, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.4.446 https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.4.446
- H. S. Kim, E. O. Kim, I. S. Ha, J. Y. Hong,"Research on Secondary Metabolite Profile Changes from Kale Juce Production with Different Cultivars" Korean Society For Horticultural Science, 114-114, 2015.
- S. H. Choi, S. C. Kwon,"Study on Microbiological Hazards in Sterilization Processing of Pteridium aquilinum and Platycodon grandiflorum", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society., 17(1), pp. 646-653, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.1.646
- S. B. Park, S. C. Kwon,"Microbiological Hazard Analysis for HACCP System Application to Red Pepper Powder", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society., 16(4), pp. 2602-2608, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.4.2602 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.4.2602
- KFDA."Development of General Model for Hazard Analysis at a Manufacturing Process", pp. 14-15, KFDA, 2009.
- S. C. Kwon,"Microbiological Evaluation for HACCP System Application of Green Vegetable Juice Containing Lactic Acid Bacteria", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 12(11), pp. 4924-4931, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4924 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4924
- KFDA, No. 2011-24 of the KFDA, 2011.
- KFDA,"Microbe experimental methods", Korea Food Standards Codex(II), pp. 141-193, KFDA, 2011.
- S. C. Kwon,"Microbiological Hazard Analysis for HACCP System Application to Vinegard Pickle Radishes", J. Fd Hyg. Safety, 28(1), pp. 69-74, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2013.28.1.069
- H. Y. Kim, J. Y. Park, D. H. Chung, and S. S. Oh, "Microbiological Evaluation for HACCP Implementation of Wholesale Bakery Products Hye", J. Fd Hyg. Safety, 19(4), pp. 185-192, 2004.
- S. Y. Park, J. W. Choi, J. H. Yeon, M. J. Lee, S. D. Ha, K. H. Park, E. S. Moon, M. H. Ko, J. H. Lee, Y. S. Cho, and K. Ryu,"Analysis of Microbial Contamination and Preservatives in Children's Favorite Foods Around Elementary Schools in Gyeonggi and Incheon", J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, 35, pp. 224-230, 2006. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.2.224
- S. B. Choe, S. J. Han, O. H. Han, H. S. Kim and S. T. Kang,"Effects of UV Sterilization on Quality of Acer mono Sap", J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, 42(1), pp. 148-152, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.1.148