- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study on the standardization for outpatient management and adminstration process of some regional hospitals
일부지역 의료기관의 외래원무관리 표준화에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jin-A (Dept. of Public Health, Graduate School of Public Health & Welfare, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Moo-Sik (Dept. of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Konyang University) ;
- Hwang, Hye-Jung (Dept. of Hospital & Welfare Management, Konyang Cyber University) ;
- Kim, Kwang-Hwan (Dept. of Hospital Management, College of Medical Science, Konyang University)
- Received : 2016.05.19
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study evaluated the standardization of the outpatient management process in several regions of South Korea. The hospital workers in the administration department of the different medical institutions that are registered with the Korean Hospital Association were surveyed. These institutions can be standard hospitals or hospitals greater in size. A summary of the research results are as follows. There was no significant correlation in their registration procedures in relation to the institution's founder, number of sickbeds, number of staff employed in the administration department, and average number of outpatients per day. On the other hand, the prepayment of medical fees occurred more frequently when the number of sickbeds was larger. In addition, there was no large difference in their appointment procedures in relation to those features. Nevertheless, the prepayment of medical fees accounted for 11.8 % of the entire payment in institutions with less than five hundred beds, while fifty percent of the payment was made in advance in larger institutions with five hundred or more beds. From this research, there was only a small difference among the institutions' outpatient management, but a notable difference was observed in their electronic data processing systems and facilities. Therefore, more financial support should be generated for the implementation of a more integrated process. As a follow-up study, to provide patients with quality medical services, it will be necessary to apply the standardized procedure to an actual medical institution and analyze the expected effect.
- Y. J. Kim, K. H. Kim, Study on customer management analysis model for one General Hospital, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 4082-4083, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4082 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4082
- H. J. Kim, study on indicator development to evaluate hospital information system, Department of Health Informatics Graduate School of Public Health Yonsei University, 2006.
- H. R. Kim, The impact of healthcare accreditation on patient safety and improvement of healthcare quality, organizational culture, hospital administrative activities, Dept. of Hospital Management Graduate School of Public Health Yonsei University, 2012.
- J. W. Ryu, A Study on the Project Management Information System for the Work Efficiency Improvement, Department of Computer Engineering Graduate School of Paichai University. 2012.
- C. H. An, Study on the economic analysis of hospital information system for regional medical center, Graduate School of Public Health Yonsei University, 2013.
- K. S. Lee, A Study on the Factors that Affect Patients' Selection of Medical Service Institution, Graduate School of Inje University, 2011.
- E. J. Lee, A study on the factors affecting revisit intention of outpatients in medical institution. Graduate School of Public Administration The Catholic University, 2012.
- J. R. Chun, Reengineering of Hospital Administration Process for Efficient Hospital Management, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 169-176, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.6.169 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.6.169
- J. R. Jeon, Hospital Administration Process Analysis and Design for Efficient Hospital Management, Department of Management Graduate School Cheongju University, 2005.
- Y. C. Jung, C. W. Shin, Y. W. Lee, Development of Index for Evaluation Hospital Informatization Level, Korea Institution for Health and Social Affairs, pp. 44-97, 2000.
- M. R. Jo, A Study on the Hospital Management Strategy with respect to Changes of National Health Insurance System : focused on the National University Hospital, Department of Accounting Graduate School Gyeongsang national University, 2009.
- J. W. Han, A study on modeling methods for standardization of business process, The Graduate School Yonsei University, 2001.
- M. S. Hong, Analysis and Improvement Method of Discharge Process in the General Hospital, The Graduate School of Chung-Ang University, 2006.
- M. H. Kim, S. W. Kang, T. H. Kong, H. G. Min, H. G. Park, Patient affairs management, pp. 226-269, Soomoonsa, 2011.
- Y. H. Kim, B. O. Goh, D. H. Kim, M. S. Kim, W. T. Kim, H. S. Kim. Patient affairs management, pp. p13-57, Soomoonsa, 2011.
- medical administration research society, Patient affairs management, pp. 3-34, Hyunmoonsa, 2012.
- J. W. Lee, Patient Affairs Management, pp. 50-53, Bomungak, 2007.
- J. W. Lee, Patient Affairs Management, Seoul, Bomungak, pp.120-148, 2007.
- J. W. Lee Patient Affairs Management, pp. 79-110, Bomungak, 2011.
- Korea Institute for Healthcare Accreditation, [cited 2015 Nov 29], Available from: http://www.koiha.kr/member/kr/board/establish/establish_BoardList.do
- M. Salter, Planning for a smooth discharge, Nursing Times Nursing homes, 97(34), pp. 32-36, 2001.
- M. S. Wang, N. Y. Lim, H. C. Jeong, The patient satisfaction of medical services and the revisiting intention in a public hospital, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(12), pp. 6275-6283, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6275 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6275
- M. H Nam, S. S. Kim, I. S. Park., W. J. Kim, S. H. Choi, H. K. J. Jo, Y. T. Kim, S. O. Hong, A Study on Utilization of non-residential areal in Operation patient, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 11(6), pp. 2078-2087, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2078 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2078
- D. G. O, A Study on the relations between change of productivity and conversion factor of the Accredited Hospitals based on Malmquist index, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 12(1), pp. 125-137, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.1.125 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.1.125
- S. J. Jung, A study of inpatient satisfaction levels at general hospitals, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(7), pp. 3094-3101, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.7.3094 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.7.3094
- H. G. Hong, C. J. Ran, The Analysis of the Factors and Weights for the Performance Mesurement of Hospital CRM System, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 8(4), pp. 915-923, 2007.
- S.K. Lee, S.Y. Ko, S.W. Song, Prehospital Ambulance Services Cost and Utilization Analysis, Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 121-130, June 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.06.43 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.06.43
- S.Y. Kim, J.A. Kim, G.W. Kim, A.R. Lee, H.N. Lee, Y.S. Choi, Y.S. Park, "Effects of Fall Education Program Using Tablet PCs : Hospitalized Patient," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 323-331, Mar. 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.03.36 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.03.36