- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The effects of Moxibustion Therapy on Chronic Low Back Pain, Daily Living Disability and Sleep Pattern in Elderly Women
뜸요법이 여성노인의 만성요통, 일상생활기능장애 및 수면양상에 미치는 효과
- Kim, Hye-Jeong (Department of Nursing Dong A Health University)
- 김혜정 (동아보건대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.05.13
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This is a nonequivalent control group non-synchronized experiment research to verify the effect of moxibustion therapy on efficient management of daily living disabilities and sleep patterns in elderly women with chronic low back pain. Total 12 sessions of moxibustion therapy were applied to elderly women(30 subjects in an experimental group and 30 subjects in a control group) in G City once a week for 12 weeks from March 15th to May
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, "2011 Survey of the Elderly", 2012.
- L. H. Ann, F. E. Amanda, "Pain a ssessment and management in persons with dementia", Nursing Clinics of North America, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 593-606. 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cnur.2004.02.013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnur.2004.02.013
- H. S. Yang, K. W. Lee, "Comparison of the Balance Relations Between Healthy Subjects and Patients With Chronic Low Back Pain" Physical Therapy korea, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp 1-17, 2002.
- G. H. Nam. "A Study on Self-Care Agency and Quality of Life among the Elderly with Chronic Pain", Unpublished master's thesis, Chungang University, Seoul, 2012.
- K. Bingefors, & D. Isacson, "Epidemiology, co-morbity and impaction Health related quality of life of self-reported headache and musculoskeletal pain-Agender perspective", European Journal of Pain, Vol. 8, pp. 435-450, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpain.2004.01.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpain.2004.01.005
- S. L. Edmond, & D. T. Felson, "Function and back symptoms in older adults. Journal of the America Geriatric Society, Vol. 51, pp. 1702-1709, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1532-5415.2003.51553.x
- J. M. Jacobs, R. Hammerman-Rozenberg, J. Stessman, "Longevity and chronic back pain in older people", Journal of the America Geriatric Society, Vol. 53. No.9, pp. 1636-1637. 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2005.53487_5.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2005.53487_5.x
- A. Faas, "Exedrcise Which Ones are Worth Trying for Which Patient and When?", Spine, Vol. 21, No. 24, pp. 2874-2878, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199612150-00016 https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199612150-00016
- S. Heo, K. Son, S. J. Lee, "Design of the Interspinous Process Fixator Using Bjomechanical Analysis for the Treament of Degenerative Lumbar Spinal Stenosis", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 1, pp. 425-425, 2005.
- S. H. Cho, Y. R. Han, N. J. P, "A study of psychometric Characteristics and pain behaviors in low back pain patients", J. of Korean Acad, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 313-323, 1996.
- K. S. Hyun, "The Analysis of Research Trend about Management of Low Back Pain", The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 51-60, 1998.
- K. O. Jin, "A Study on the Pain, Depression, Life Satisfaction of the Chronic Low Back Pain Patients Department on Nursing", Unpublished master's thesis, Han Yang University, Seoul. 2008.
- S. M. Kim, J. J. Oh, M. S. Song, "Sleep Pattern and Related Factors Among Communityd Welling Elderly", The Seoul Journal of Nursing, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 24-38, 1997.
- E. Gustafsson, U. "Nurses Notes on Sleep Pattern in Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: A Retro Spective Evalution Of Patients Records", Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 20, pp. 331-336. 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1994.20020331.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1994.20020331.x
- A. S. Don, E. Carragee, "A Brief Overview of Evidence-Informed Management of Chronic Low Back Pain With Surgery", The Spine Journal, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 258-265. 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2007.10.027 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2007.10.027
- E. B. Kim, "A Study on Uses of the Complementary Therapies in Patients with Low Back Pain", Graduate School of Education Yonsei University, Seoul. 2003.
- J. S. Park, S. J. Kwon, Y. S. Kwon, "The Effects of Dogbi(st35) & Sulan Moxibustion on Knee Joint Pain, Range of Motion and Discomfort during ADL in the Aged", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 189-196, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.1.189
- H. S. Woo, Y. H Lee, C. H. Kim " The review and study trend of moxibution" The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Socitey, Vol. 19, No. 4, 2002.
- H. S. Ryu, "The Effects of Moxibustion Therapy on Chronic Back Pain and Disability of Daily Living Activities in Elderly men", The Graduate School of Chung-Ang University, Seoul, 2013.
- B. G. Park "Effects of an Acupuncture Program on Activities of Daily Living, Depression, and Life Satisfaction in the Institutionalized Elderly People", Korean Society Gerontological Social Welfare, Vol. 40, pp. 249-285, 2008.
- M. H. Doh, "Effects of the Moxibustion Therapy on the Pain Decrease and Joint Recovery with Degenerative Arthritis of Knee", Department of Physical Therapy Graduate of Rehabilitation Science Daegu University, Daegu, 2008.
- J. Scott, & E. C. Huskisson, "Vertical or Horizontal Visual Analogue Scales". Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, Vol. 38, No. 6, pp. 0003-4967. 1979.
- H. K. Hyoung, "Effects of a Strengthening Program for the Lower Back in Elderly Women with Chronic Low Back Pain", Department of Nursing The Graduate School Yonsei University, Seoul, 2006.
- J. Fairbank, J. Couper, J. B. Davies, & J. P. O'Brien. "The Oswestry Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire", Physiotherapy, Vol. 66, No. 8, pp. 271-273, 1980.
- H. S. Im, J. M. Lee, S. G. Kim, " About back pain classroom, Korean Industrial Health Association, Vol. 125, pp. 4-11, 1998.
- Y. S. Park, "The Effects of Exercise combined with Taping Therapy on the Intersity of Chronic Back Pain, Daily Living Disability and Depression in Elderly Women with the Chronic Low Back Pain", unpublished Master's thesis, korea University, Seoul, 2013.
- J. J. Oh, M. S. Song, S. M. Kim, "Development and Validation of Korean Sleep Scale A", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol .28, No. 3, pp. 563-572, 1998. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.19126.96.36.1993
- N. S. Kim, "Theory and practice of moxibution" Seowondang, 1998.
- M. J. Kim, "Principles of Moxibution and Its Effects on Health", Yne Korean Journal of stress research, Vol. 13, No, 4, pp 265-272, 2005.
- G. W. Yu, S. Min, J. K. Park, J. H. Kim, G. G. Kang, "The Effects of Moxibustion on Cornell Medical Index in the Elderly", Journal of East-West Nursing Research, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 79-91, 2007.
- J. Lee, "An introduction of medical", Daesung Moonhwasa, 528.
- J. H. Kang, S. J. Kim, J. W. Park, S. Y. Hong, I. J. Yoon, D. S. Heo, "The Clinical Report on the 3 Cases of Sciatica Treated on Direct Moxibustion", Journal of pharmacopuncture, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 139-146, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2007.10.2.139
- S. Y. Bae, "Health Effect by Acupuncture and Moxibustion", unpublished Master's thesis, Kosin University, Pusan. 2012.
- Y. O. Lee, "Effects of Hand Moxibustion Therapy on Elders" Shoulder Pain, ADL and Sleep Disturbance", unpublished Master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu, 2009