- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Back-pressure cold forging analysis to minimize non-forming area of gear teeth
기어 치형의 미성형 구간 최소화를 위한 배압 냉간 단조 성형 해석
- Lee, Yongwoo (ESTOC Consulting Group) ;
- Kim, Janghoon (ESTOC Consulting Group) ;
- Kwon, Jongho (Department of Automotive Engineering, Shinhan University)
- Received : 2016.04.11
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study performed the back-pressure cold forging analysis to minimize the non-forming area of gear teeth for the output hub and reaction hub in automatic transmission. Two important factors of the back-pressure cold forging process, the load of the punch and the backup force applied to the sleeve, were determined through displacement control analysis. The non-forming area of the gear teeth was compared with both cases of the displacement control analysis and load control analysis, and their solution is similar to the measuring result of a real workpiece. The results show that the load of the punch is dependent on the reduction area of the workpiece, and the backup force applied to the sleeve is determined with regard to the cross-section-area of sleeve. This analysis procedure can be useful and effective in determining the manufacturing condition of the back-pressure cold forging process to minimize the non-forming area.
- C. B. Wang, S. J. Lim and Y. B. Park, "Effect of the design parameter for internal spline forming using the tube", Journal of the Korean Society for Technology of Plasticity, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 512-517. 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2006.15.7.512 https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2006.15.7.512
- H. Y. Cho, Y. T. Kim, K. W. Kim and W. J. Kim, "Finite Element Analysis for Multi-stage Forging Process Design of bolt with Non-axisymmetric Washer Cam", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 585-595, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2008.32.4.585 https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2008.32.4.585
- J. H. Lee, Y. S. Lee and J. J. Park, "Dimensional Accuracies of cold-forged spur gear", Journal of the Korean Society for Technology of Plasticity, Vol 5, No. 2, pp. 115-121, 1996.
- G. J. Kang, J. Kim, B. S. Kang, "Numerical and Experimental Evaluation for Elastic Deformation of a Cold Forging Tool and Workpiece for a Sleeve Cam of an Automobile Start Motor", J. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 222, No. 2, pp. 217-224, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1243/09544054JEM929 https://doi.org/10.1243/09544054JEM929
- Y. S. Lee, Y. N. Kwon, J. H. Lee, T. Ishikawa, "Experimental and Finite Element Analysis to Predict the Dimensional Changes of a Cold-Forged Spur Gear", Proc. IMechE., Vol. 220, pp. 1051-1057, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1243/09544054JEM295 https://doi.org/10.1243/09544054JEM295
- Deform-3D, Deform-3D Tutorial, SFTC Inc., 2010.
- J. H. Lee, "A study on the Deformation Characteristics of Forward and Backward Can Extrusion Process Using a Hollow-Shaft", Master's Thesis, Inha University, Graduate School of Education, Incheon, Republic of Korea, pp. 30-37, 2005.