- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The relationship between clinical practice stress, satisfaction of clinical practice, clinical performance ability and the nursing profession in nursing college students
간호대학생의 임상실습스트레스, 임상실습만족도, 임상수행능력과 간호전문직관의 연관성
- Park, Byung-Jun (College of Nursing, Daegu Health College) ;
- Park, Sun-Jung (Department of Nursing, Yeojoo Institute of Technology) ;
- Cho, Hana (Department of Nursing, Baekseok Culture Universiry)
- Received : 2016.06.22
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This descriptive study was conducted to investigate the relationship between clinical practice stress, satisfaction with clinical practice, and clinical performance ability of nursing college students and the nursing profession. Data were collected from 240 students in the nursing college. Clinical performance ability (F=1.888, p=0.048) and the nursing profession (F=1.976, p=0.046) showed statistically significant differences depending on the satisfaction of majors. The nursing professional institution contained more population groups that were dissatisfied than satisfied with the majors. Additionally, clinical practice stress was reported to affect satisfaction by 41% of the respondents. Overall, stressful clinical practice, clinical practice satisfaction and clinical performance were found to significantly affect the degree of satisfaction by nursing students. Accordingly, the level of stress experienced during clinical training also affects the performance of clinical practice, and can therefore lead to mistakes. Thus, there is a need to develop future interventions that could reduce the stress experienced by clinical practice nursing students.
- G. Maha, Stress and coping :Junior baccalaureate nursing students in clinical settings. Nursing Forum, Vol. 33, No. 1, 1998.
- E. J Yeun, Y. M. Kwon, O. H. An, Development of a Nursing Professional Value Scale, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 1091-1100, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.6.1091
- C. Barrett, F. Myrick, Selecting clinical preceptors for basic baccalaureate nursing students: a critical issue in clinical teaching, Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 194-202, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.1994.tb01068.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.1994.tb01068.x
- H. W. Kwak, J. E. Yi, Relation of interpersonal relationship, clinical stress and satisfaction of clinical practice in nursing students, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 147-155, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.147 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.147
- J. A. Yee, A Study on the Image of Nurses and the Professional Self-Concept Perceived by Nursing Students, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 325-334, 2004.
- M. Y. Kim, Affecting Factors on Clinical Competence of Nursing Students, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 1884-1893, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.3.1884 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.3.1884
- S. R. Kim, J. E. Lee, Relationship among Stress Coping Strategies, and Self-esteem in Nursing Students Taking Clinical Experience, Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 98-106, 2005.
- S, Y, Mun. N, Y, Yang, A Study on the Relationship of Self-directed Learning with Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Nurses, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 473-480, 2007.
- S. H. Lee, S. Y. Kim & J. A. Kim, Nursing Students' Image of Nurse and Satisfaction with Clinical Practice, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 219-231, 2004.
- M. S. Kim, Nursing Education for the Cooperative, Education Korea Annual Symposium, 1995.
- Y. Y. Choe, Nursing Students and the clinical performance and stress factors Related research, Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University, Gwangju, 2001.
- S. J. Han, A Study on Relationship between Empowerment and Satisfaction of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 132-146, 2000.
- H. S. Kim, A study on Relationship between stress of Clinical Practice and Clinical Competency in nursing students, Journal of the Korean Society of Public Health Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 64-76, 2002.
- Y. J. Choi, A study on the related factors of organizational commitment in hospital nurses, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2009.
- U. S. Ham, H. S. Kim, I. S. Cho, Affecting Factors of Nursing Professionalism Perceived by Senior Nursing Students, Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 536-544, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.536 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.536
- E. G. Lee, H. S. You, I. H. Park, Affecting Factors on Stress of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 154-163, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.154 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.154