- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Peptide Production from Leg Meat of Yeonsan Ogae by High Hydrostatic Pressure and Protein Hydrolytic Enzyme and Its Characteristic Analysis
고압처리와 단백질 분해효소를 이용한 연산오계 다리육 펩타이드 생산 최적화 및 특성 분석
- Ha, Yoo-jin (Department of Food and Biotechnology, Joongbu University) ;
- Kim, A-Yeon (Department of Food and Biotechnology, Joongbu University) ;
- Yoo, Sun-Kyun (Department of Food and Biotechnology, Joongbu University)
- Received : 2016.05.09
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
The purpose of this research was the optimization of protein hydrolysate production using a commercial enzyme bromelain 1200 derived from the leg of Yeonsan Ogae by response surface methodology. Yeonsan Ogae has long been known as supporting health and high efficacy treatment. In recent days, as the efficacy of functional peptides becomes more known, optimization of oligopeptide production and its characteristics from Ogae leg meat has been performed. Response surface methodology was performed for optimization of enzyme hydrolysis. The process was varied in pressure (30 to 100 MPa), time (1 to 3 h), and substrate concentration (10 to 30%). The degree of hydrolysis, amino acids, and molecular weight of products were analyzed. The optimum conditions were determined to be a pressure of 100 Mpa, time of 3 h, and substrate concentration of 20%. Under optimized conditions, degree of hydrolysis was 34.10%. The average molecular weight of protein hydrolysates was less than 1,000 Da. Major amino acids were leucine, lysine, alanine, glutamic acid, and phenylalanine.
Supported by : 농림축산식품부
- T. J. Lee, K. J. Min, "The effect of Allium sativum L. extract on hepatic function in rats with CCl4-induced (hepatic) injury", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 11, pp. 1936-1942, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1936
- A. L. McCarthy, Y. C. O'Callaghan, N. M. O'Brien, "Protein Hydrolysates from Agricultural Crops - Bioactivity and Potential for Functional Food Development", Agriculture, Vol 3, pp 112-130, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/agriculture3010112 https://doi.org/10.3390/agriculture3010112
- L. Qing, Li Yi, M. Peter, I. Brent L., "Commercial proteases: Present and future", FEBS Letters, Vol. 587, pp. 1155-1163, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.febslet.2012.12.019 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.febslet.2012.12.019
- K. Elavarasan, B. A. Shamasundar, B. Faraha, H. Howell, "Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory activity and structural properties of oven- and freeze-dried protein hydrolysate from fresh water fish (Cirrhinus mrigala)", Food Chemistry, Vol. 206, pp. 210-216, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2016.03.047 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2016.03.047
- S. Jain, A. K. Anal, "Optimization of extraction of functional protein hydrolysates from chicken egg shell membrane (ESM) by ultrasonic assisted extraction (UAE) and enzymatic hydrolysis", LWT - Food Science and Technology, Vol. 69, pp. 295-302, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2016.01.057
- I. V. Nikolaev, S. Sforza, F. Lambertini, D. Y. Ismailova, V. P. Khotchenkov, V. G. Volik, A. Dossena, V. O. Popov, O. V. Koroleva, "Biocatalytic conversion of poultry processing leftovers: Optimization of hydrolytic conditions and peptide hydrolysate characterization", Food Chemistry, Vol. 197, pp. 611-621, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.10.114 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.10.114
- Y. Y. Sun, D. D. Pan, Y. X. Guo, J. J. Li, "Purification of chicken breast protein hydrolysate and analysis of its antioxidant activity", Food and Chemical Toxicology, Vol. 50, pp. 3397-3404, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2012.07.047 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2012.07.047
- T. Mesut, E. Nevzat, O Serkan, "Efficient production of l-lactic acid from chicken feather protein hydrolysate and sugar beet molasses by the newly isolated Rhizopus oryzae TS-61Original", Food and Bioproducts Processing, Vol. 90, pp. 773-779, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fbp.2012.05.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbp.2012.05.003
- F. Nahed, K. Naourez, H. Anissa, H. M. Ibtissem, D. Ines, N. Moncef, "Total solubilisation of the chicken feathers by fermentation with a keratinolytic bacterium, Bacillus pumilus A1, and the production of protein hydrolysate with high antioxidative activity", Process Biochemistry, Vol. 46, pp. 1731-1737, 2012.
- O. John O., G. Abraham T., M. Sunday A., A. Rotimi E., A. Michel, "Kinetics of in vitro renin and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition by chicken skin protein hydrolysates and their blood pressure lowering effects in spontaneously hypertensive rats", Journal of Functional Foods, Vol. 14, pp. 133-143, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2015.01.031 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2015.01.031
- R. Z. Gu, W. Y. Liu, F. Lin, Z. T. Jin, L. Chen, W. X. Yi, J. Lu, M. Y. Cai, "Antioxidant and angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory properties of oligopeptides derived from black-bone silky fowl (Gallus gallus domesticus Brisson) muscle", Food Research International, Vol. 49, pp. 326-333, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2012.07.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2012.07.009
- J. H. Liu, Y. G. Tian, Y. Wang, S. P Nie, M. Y. Xie, S. Zhu, C. Y. Wang, P Zhang, "Characterization and in vitro antioxidation of papain hydrolysate from black-bone silky fowl (Gallus gallus domesticus Brisson) muscle and its fractions", Food Research International, Vol. 44, pp. 133-138, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2010.10.050 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2010.10.050
- H. S. Chae, Y. M. Yoo, C. N. Ahn, S. H. Cho, B. D. Sang, Y. G. Kim, J. M. Lee, S. K. Yun, Y. I. Choi, "Feeding Effects of the High Pressure Boiled Extract(HPBE) of the Ogol Chicken on Weight Gain and Serum Lipid Composition of Rat", Korean J Poult Sci, Vol. 30, PP. 135-143, 2003.
- H. S. Chae, Y. M. Yoo, C. N. Ahn, S. H. Cho, B. Y. Park, J. M. Lee, Y. K. Kim, S. G. Yun and Y. I. Choi, "Chemical and Sensory Characteristics of Boiled Soup Extracted from Crossbred Ogol Chicken as Affected by the Level of Flavourzyme", Korean J Poult Sci, Vol. 30, PP. 11-16, 2003.
- H. S. Yoo, K. H. Chung, K. J. Lee, D. H. Kim, J. H. An, "Effect of Gallus gallus var. domesticus (Yeonsan ogolgye) Extracts on Osteoblast Differentiation and Osteoclast Formation", Microbiol. Biotechnol. Lett. Vol. 43, pp. 322-329, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4014/mbl.1508.08006 https://doi.org/10.4014/mbl.1508.08006
- H. S. Chae, C. N. Ahn, Y. M. Yoo, J. S. Ham, J. M. Lee, S. K. Yoon, Y. I. Choi, "The Effects of the High Pressure Boiled Extracts (HPBE) of the Ogol Chicken with Herbs on the Hormones, Cytokine, Specific Antibody of Serum in the Rat", Korean J Food Sci Anim Res., Vol. 24, pp. 283-292, 2004.
- W. J. Lahl, S. D. Braun, "Enzymatic production of protein hydrolysates for food use", Food Technol, Vol. 48, pp. 68-71, 1994.
- R. D. Bernardini, P. Harnedy, D. Bolton, J. Kerry, E. O'Neill, A. M. Mullen, M. Hayes "Antioxidant and antimicrobial peptidic hydrolysates from muscle protein sourcesn and by-products", Food Chemistry, Vol. 124, pp. 1296-1307, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2010.07.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2010.07.004
- E. Pennas, G. Prestamo, R. Gomez, "High pressure and the enzymatic hydrolysis of soybean whey proteins, Food Chemistry, Vol. 85, pp. 641-648, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2003.07.025 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2003.07.025
- E. Penas, G. Prestamo, F. Polo, R. Gomez, "Enzymatic proteolysis, under high pressure of soybean whey: Analysis of peptides and the allergen Gly m 1 in the hydrolysates", Food Chemistry, Vol. 99, pp. 569-573, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2005.08.028 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2005.08.028
- D. Knorr, V. Heinz, R. Buckow, "High pressure application for food biopolymers". Biochim. Biophys. Acta., Vol. 1764, pp. 619-631, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbapap.2006.01.017 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbapap.2006.01.017
- B. B. Bobonyaratanakornkit, C. B. Park, D. S. Clark. "Pressure effects on intra and intermolecular interactions within proteins", Biochim. Biophys. Acta., Vol. 1595, pp. 235-249, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0167-4838(01)00347-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-4838(01)00347-8
- B. Bajovic, T. Bolmar, V. Heinz, "Quality considerations with high pressure processing of fresh and value added meat products", Meat Sci., Vol. 92, pp. 280-289, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2012.04.024 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2012.04.024
- S. K. Hwang, J. T. Hong, K. H. Jung, B. C. Chang, K. S. Hwang, J. H. Shin, S. P. Yim, S. K. Yoo, "Process Optimization of Dextran Production by Leuconostoc sp. strain YSK. Isolated from Fermented Kimchi", Journal of Life Science, Vol. 18, No. 10, 1377-1383, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2008.18.10.1377 https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2008.18.10.1377
- O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, R. J. Randall, "Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent", J. Biol. Chem., Vol. 193, pp. 265-275, 1951.
- I. J. Jung, "A Weighted Mean Squared Error Approach Based on the Tchebycheff Metric in Multiresponse Optimization", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, pp. 97-105, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.97 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.97
- S. H. Shon, I. H. Cho, Y. S. Kim, "Comparison of pyrazines formed in chicken by products hydrolyzed by Enzymes", Korea J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci., Vol. 20, pp. 265-270, 2004.
- K. Watanabe, Y. Sato, "Meat flavor", Japan J. Zootech Sci., Vol. 45, pp. 113-128, 1974. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2508/chikusan.45.113 https://doi.org/10.2508/chikusan.45.113
- K. Rikimura, H. Takahashi, "Evaluation of the meat from Hinai-Jidon chicken and broilers: Analysis of general biochemical components, free amino acids, inosine-5'-monophosphate, and fatty acids", J. Poult Res., Vol. 19, pp. 327-333, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3382/japr.2010-00157 https://doi.org/10.3382/japr.2010-00157
- C. Ruiz-Capillas, A. Moral, "Changes in free amino acids during chilled storage of hake(Merluccius merluccius, L.) in controlled atmospheres and their use as a quality control index", Eur. Food Res. Technol., Vol. 212, pp. 302-307, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s002170000232 https://doi.org/10.1007/s002170000232
- T. Fukunaga, K. Koga, Y. Maita, S. Matsuoka S, "Free amino acid, carnosine and 5'-inosinic acid contents in the breast and leg meats from the cross and triple-cross chickens of Satsuma native fowl", Bull Fac. Agric. Kagoshima Univ., Vol. 39, pp. 223-232, 1989.
- H. S. Choe, S. H. Cho, B. Y. Park, Y. M. Yoo, J. H. Kim, C. N. Ahn, J. M. Lee, Y. K. Kim, Y. G. Choi, "Changes of the fatty acid, amino acids and collagen contents in domestic broiler chickens of different marketing standard", Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour, Vol. 22, pp. 1-7, 2002.
- O. F. Batzer, A. T. Santoro, M. C. Tan, W. A. Landmann, B. S. Schweigert, "Precursors of beef flavor", J. Agric Food Chem., Vol. 8, pp. 498-501, 1960. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jf60112a023 https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60112a023
- S. H. Kim, H. S. Nam, Y. J. Lee, "The study for the synthesis and analysis of metal chelated protein", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 8, pp. 1273-1278, 2007.
- Z. Liu, K. L. Schey, "Optimization of a MALDI TOF-TOF Mass Spectrometer for Intact Protein Analysis", J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom, Vol. 16, pp. 482-490, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jasms.2004.12.018 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jasms.2004.12.018
- J. Salampessy, N. Reddy, K. Kailasapathy, M. Phillips, "Functional and protential therapeutic ACE-inhibitory peptides derived from bromelain hydrolysis of trevally proteins", journal of funtional foods, Food Bioprocess Technol., Vol. 4, pp. 1527-1532, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11947-010-0416-3
- K. Hsu, G. Lu, C. Jao, "Antioxidative properties of peptides prepared fromtuna cooking juice hydrolysates with Orientase (Bacillus subtilis)", Food Research International, Vol. 42, pp. 647-665, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2009.02.014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2009.02.014
- J. Adler-Nissen, "Enzymatid hydrolysis of proteins for increased solubility", J Afric Food Chem, Vol. 24, pp. 1090-1093, 1976. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jf60208a021 https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60208a021
- D. A. Vattem, R. R. Mahoney, "Production of dialyzable iron by in vitro digestion of chicken muscleprotein fractions: the size of the dialyzable iron", J Sci Food Agric, Vol. 85, pp. 1537-1542, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2043 https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2043