- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on the Dynamic Behavior Characteristics due to the Unbalance High Speed Railway Vehicle Wheel
고속철도차량용 차륜 불평형에 의한 동적 거동 특성 연구
- Lee, Seung-Yil (Railway Vehicle System Engineering. Dept, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Song, Moon-Shuk (Railway Vehicle System Engineering. Dept, Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2016.05.02
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This occurs when the unbalanced rotating body is inconsistent with the mass center line axis geometric center line. Wheelsets are assembled by a single axle with two wheels and a rotating body of a running railway vehicle. Owing to non-uniformity of the wheel material, the wear, and error of the wheel and axle assembly may cause an imbalance. Wheelsets will suffer the effects of vibrations due to the unbalanced mass, which becomes more pronounced due to the thin and high-speed rotation compared to the shaft diameter This can affect the driving safety and the running behavior of a rail car during high-speed running. Therefore, this study examined this unbalanced wheel using a railway vehicle multibody dynamics analysis tool to assess the impact of the dynamic VI-Rail movement of high-speed railway vehicles. Increasing the extent of wheel imbalance on the analysis confirmed that the critical speed of a railway vehicle bogie is reduced and the high-speed traveling dropped below the vehicle dynamic behaviour. Therefore, the adverse effects of the amount of a wheel imbalance on travel highlight the need for management of wheel imbalances. In addition, the static and dynamic management needs of a wheel imbalance need to be presented to the national rail vehicles operating agency.
Supported by : 한국교통대학교
- S. I, Lee, Y. S. Choi, "Dynamic Analysis of Railway Vehicle with Wheel Unbalance," KSME-A, Vol. 37, No.11, pp1387-1395, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.11.1387 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.11.1387
- M. Ishida, T. Ban, K. Iida, et al., "Effect of Moderating Friction of Wheel/rail Interface on Vehicle/track Dynamic Behaviour," Wear, Vol. 265, No. 9-10, pp. 1497-1503, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2008.02.041 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2008.02.041
- UIC code 510-2 OR 1133 IEC, "Limiting measurements for manufacture and reprofiling." 2006.
- High-speed railway vehicle wheelset committee, "Railway wheelset," hwan-sun corporation publisher, pp. 210-213, 2008.
- TB/T2562-1995, "Testing methods for the static balance of wheel and dynamic balance of wheelset"(in Chinese), 1995.
- VI-Rail, r2. 11.0 documentation, 2005
- UIC CODE 518. "Testing and Approval of Railway Vehicle form the point of View of Their Dynamic Behaviour-Safety-Track fatigue-Ride Quality," UIC. 3rd ed, 2005.