- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Determinants of Employees' Turnover Intention of Emotion Workers -Focused the large accommodation services on the Gangwon Province-
감정노동자의 이직의도 결정요인에 관한 연구 -강원지역 대형숙박서비스업을 중심으로-
- Lee, Deok-Soo (Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Halla University)
- 이덕수 (한라대학교 산업경영공학과)
- Received : 2016.06.09
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study analyzed the determinants of the turnover intention of emotion workers and recent social issues. In particular, this study examined whether the factors that determine the turnover intention affect the quality of service. The job characteristics of emotion workers were set up as an independent variable, and the job environment, organizational culture, such as emotional labor and how it affects the workers' behavior were investigated. How the independent variables influence the turnover of workers was investigated to mediate the emotional job satisfaction. The subjects were primarily targeted by the emotions of the workers engaged in large service accommodation, Kangwon. Among the environmental factors, the job characteristics and job duties are diverse factors and internal and external factors that can affect the compensation turnover intentions. Organizational culture as a factor was the human resources culture, open culture systems, and the hierarchical cultural factors affecting turnover intention. Among the emotional labor practices that also affects the surface of conduct, sincere acts influence the turnover intention. In addition, a one hypothesis testing job satisfaction was mediated by several factors with an impact, such as job diversity. Future empirical research should examined whether temporary full-time is an independent variable factor that can achieve a more fruitful conclusion.
- Staw, B. M., "The Consequences of Turnover", Journal of Occupational Behavior, pp. 253-273, 1980.
- Hom, P. W. & Geiffeth, R., Employee Turnover, Cincinnati, OH : Socth-Western. 1995.
- Dalton, D. R., Todor, W. D. & Krackhardt, D. M., "Turnover Overstated: The Functional Taxonomy", Academy of Management Review. 7(1): pp. 117-123, 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/257256 https://doi.org/10.2307/257256
- Hochschild, A. R., "The Managed Heart : Commercialization of Human Feeling. Updated with a New Preface", berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1983
- N. Y. Han & S. W. Bae, "A Study on the Effects of Emotional Labor on Counterproductive Work Behavior : Mediated by Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol. 16, No. 10 p.7157-7165, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.7157 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.7157
- Wharton, A. S, "The Psychological Consequences of Emotional Labor", The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. 561(1), pp.158-176, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0002716299561001011 https://doi.org/10.1177/0002716299561001011
- Ashforth, B. E & Humphrey. R. H., "Emotional Labor in Service Roles ; The Influence of Identity", Academy of Management Review. 18(11), pp. 88-115, 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1993.3997508. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1993.3997508
- S. Y. Kim, S. J. Jang, H. R. Kim & J. H. Rho, "Feelings of depression and labor service industry workers", Proceedings of Industrial Medicine. 14(3), pp. 227-235, 2002.
- J. Y. Ahn, E. S. Jeon & H. Kim, "Emotions affect labor on the job satisfaction and organizational citizenship behavior", Journal of the Korea Tourism Association, pp. 3-19, 2007.
- Rafaeli, A. & Sutton, R. I., "Expression of Emotion as Part of the Work Role", Academy of Management Review. 12(1), pp. 23-37, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/257991 https://doi.org/10.2307/257991
- H. G. Choi, "Research on Emotional Labor of elderly Long-Term Care workers", Korea Social Welfare Research, No. 29(Winter), pp. 113-137, 2011.
- J. Y. Hong, "Studies on the effects of emotional labor and burnout on turnover intention", Daegu Univ., 2014.
- G. J. Lim, "A Study on the Determinants of Employees' Turnover Intention of Elderly Long-Term Care Facilities", pp. 75-76, Sang-Ji Univ., 2016.
- Wouters, C., "The Sociology of Emotions and Flight Attendants: Hochschild's Managed Heart", Culture & Society 6, pp. 95-123, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/026327689006001005 https://doi.org/10.1177/026327689006001005
- E. D. Lee & M. J. YOO, "The study of emotional labor nurse on the Effect of Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention", Calibration Study No. 55, pp. 129-155, 2012.
- E. U. Choi, J. W. Park & M. L. Cho, "Factors Influencing Turnover Intention of Nurses after Evaluation for Certification at Geriatric Hospitals: Focused on Job Stress and Burnout", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol. 17, No. 3, pp.439, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.3.438 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.3.438
- C. H. Kim, "Impact of Servant Leadership on turnover intention of the Hotel Employees", Social Science Research 12, pp. 265-282, 2006.
- Steers, R. M., "Antecedents and Outcomes of Organizational Commitment", Administrative Science Quarterly, pp. 46-56, 1977. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2391745 https://doi.org/10.2307/2391745
- Mobley, W. H., "Employee Turnover : Cases, Consequences, and Control", Reading, MA : Addison-Wesley, 1982.
- Bluedorn, A. C., "The Theories of Turnover : Cases, Effects, and Meaning", Research in the Sociology of Organizations 1(1), pp. 75-128, 1982.
- Y. G. Kim, "Moderating effects of self-efficacy in the relationship between job stress and organizational effectiveness in elderly care workers", Chosun Univ., 2008.
- J. J. Lee, "Effects of Job Stress and Job Satisfaction of elderly long-term care workers on turnover intention", Korea Gerontology, pp. 277-290, 2011.
- H. R. Lee, "Moderating effects of coping strategies in relation to the care bohosa help of job stress and job satisfaction and turnover", Daegu Univ., 2012.
- J. S. Wang & Y. R. Kim, "Analysis of relationship between job stress and turnover intention of physical therapists", Journal of the Korea Academia - Industrial cooperation Society Vol. 16, No. 9, p. 6113, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6112 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6112
- Hackman, J. R. & Oldham. G. R., "Development of the Job Diagnostic Survey", Journal of Applied Psychology 60(2), p.159, 1975. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0076546 https://doi.org/10.1037/h0076546
- Careron, K. S. & Quinn, R. E., "Diagnosing Organizational Culture", New York : Addison Wesley Inc, 1999.
- Bright, D., "Becoming a Master Manager", A Competency Framework, 3rd, ed, New York : Wiley, 2003.
- Steinberg, R. J., "Emotional Labor in Job Evaluation : Redesigning Compensation Practices", The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. 561(1), pp.143-157, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0002716299561001010 https://doi.org/10.1177/0002716299561001010