- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Perfectionism and Ego-resiliency on Anxiety by Leisure Activity in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 여가활동에 따른 완벽성과 자아탄력성이 불안에 미치는 영향
- Jeon, Hae Ok (Department of Nursing, Cheongju University) ;
- Kim, Ji Hye (Graduate School, College of Nursing, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2016.05.02
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study examined the effects of perfectionism and ego-resiliency on the anxiety in two groups of nursing students: leisure activity, and no leisure activity group. A total of 134 undergraduate students were recruited at two universities in A and B cities, Korea using the convenient sampling method. They were asked to complete a self-reported questionnaire for 11 days in October, 2015. The results showed that there were significant differences in the ego-resiliency (t=-3.80, p=.001) and anxiety (t=3.71, p<.001) according to the leisure activity. In the subjects who did not have leisure activities, perfectionism (
- C. W. Kim, "The Effect of Sport Club Participation on The Stress, School Adjustment of University Student", Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies, Vol.30, No.3, pp.177-190, 2006.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2014 national leasure activity survey Available From: http://www.mcst.go.kr, 2014.
- U. Seo, "Impacts of the Socioeconomic Environments on the Leisure Activities of the Youth", Journal of National Youth Policy Institute, Vol.18, No.1, pp.273-302, 2007.
- D. J. Kim, C. W. Kim, "The Preferences of Relationship between Leisure Activity and Socio-demographic Characteristic of University Students", Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol.40, No.1, pp.787-796, 2001.
- B. J. Lim, H. S. Kim, "The Relationship Between Types of Leisure Activity and Leisure Satisfaction Among College Students", Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol.35, No.4, pp.4480-4491, 19 96.
- D. J. Kim, M. R. Cho, M. H. Yong, M. Y. Kim, Y. A. Yang, "A Research on the Leisure Activity of College Students", The Journal of Korea Association Occupational Therapy Policy for Aged Industry, Vol.6, No.1, pp.25-33. 2014.
- J. Choi, M. Park, "Methodological Triangulation Method to Evaluate Adjustment to College Life in Associate Nursing College Students", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.13, No.7, pp.339-349, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.07.339 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.07.339
- M. K. Cho, H. S. Jeong, "The Relationship among Perceived Stress, Ways of Coping and Type A/B Personality of College Students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.7, No.2, pp.183-191, 2001.
- R. B. Slaney, J. S. Ashby, Perfectionists: Study of Criterion Group. Journal of Counseling and Development, Vol.74, pp.393-398, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6676.1996.tb01885.x https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6676.1996.tb01885.x
- K. S. Cho, "The Relationships among Premenstrual Syndrome, Automatic Thought, and Perfectionism of College Women Students", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol.14, pp.144-153, 2002.
- R. B. Slancy, K. G. Rice, M. Mobley, J. Trippi, J. S. Ashby, "The Revised Almost Perfect Scale", Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, Vol.34, pp.130-145, 2001.
- H. S. Choi, E. D. Lee, H. Y. Ahn, "Relationships among Premenstrual Syndrome, Perfection and Anxiety among the College Student", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 265-274, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.4.265 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.4.265
- J. Block, A. M. Kremen, "IQ and Ego-resiliency: Conceptual and Empirical Connections and Separateness", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.70, No.2, pp.349-361, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.529 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2069
- Y. Lee, L, Kim, "The Relationship of Ego Resilience and Involvement with the Experience of Anxiety and Perceived Stress in Nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.4, pp.1953-1962, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.1953 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.1953
- J. A. Park, E. K. Lee, "Influence of Ego-resilience and Stress Coping Styles on College Adaptation in Nursing Students", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol.17, No.3, pp.267-276, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- E. J. Shin, Y. S. Park, "Emotional Intelligence, Ego Resilience, Stress in Clinical Practice of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.14, No.11, pp.5636-5645, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5636 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5636
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, The Epidemiological survey of mental disorders in Korea. Available From: http://www.mohw.go.kr
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, A. Buchner, "G*POWER 3: A Flexible Statistical Power Analysis Program for The Social, Behavioral, and Biomedical Sciences", Behavior Research Methods, Vol.39, pp.175-191, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146 https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- S. H. Lim, A Study on the Change of Leisure Pattern among the Participants in Dance Sports. Unpublished Master's thesis, Ulsan University 2015.
- S. Y. Kim, A Study of the Relationships between Perfectionism Tendency, Depression, and Self-esteem of the Undergraduate Students: Focused on the APS-R(the Almost Perfectionism Scales-Revised). Unpublished Master's thesis, Yonsei University, 2005.
- S. K. Yoo, H. W. Shim, "Psychological Protective Factors in Adolescents in Korea", Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.16, No.4, pp.189-206, 2002.
- C. D. Spielberger, Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory(STAI). Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologist Press, 1983.
- D. W. Hahn, C. H. Lee, K. K. Chon, "Korean Adaptation of Spielberger's STAI(K-STAI)", Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 1-14, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/08870449608401972
- J. H. Lee, M. H. Kim, D. M. Choi, K. B. Kim, "The Effect of Ego-resilience Based on the Youth's Participation in Leisure Activity on Suicidal Risk", Korean Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 41-55, 2008.
- Y. K. Byun, "A Comparison of Ego-resilience and Stress Coping Strategies according to Adolescents' Participation in Sports Activities", Unpublished Master's thesis, Ewha Woman's University, 2006.
- J. H. Hyun, H. G. Kim, "The Effect of Leisure Activities on Anxiety and Depression of Elderly", The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 351-359, 2011.
- N. Shiaki, M. Shono, T. Kitamura, "Effects of Coping Styles and Stress Life Events on Depression and Anxiety in Japanese Nursing Students: A Longitudinal Study", International Journal of Nursing Practice, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 198-204, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-172X.2009.01745.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-172X.2009.01745.x
- H. O. Jeon, "Relations of Body Perception, Anxiety, Psychological Flexibility and Abnormal Eating Attitudes of College Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.6, pp.3675-3684, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3675 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3675
- K. H. Hwang, Y. S. Yoo, O. H. Cho, "Smartphone Overuse and Upper Extremity Pain, Anxiety, Depression, and Interpersonal Relationship among College Students", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.12, No.10, pp.365-375, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.10.365 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.10.365
- R. K. Dishman, Advances in Exercise Adherence. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Book, 1994.
- Y. S. Kim, M. S. Lee, J. H. Nam, "An Effect of the Participation in Leisure Sport Activity of College Students on the College Adjustment", Adolescents Culture Forum, Vol. 31, pp.7-29, 2012.
- R. J. Lee, "The Influence Relations between the Leisure Activity Self-Efficacy and Life Satisfaction of College Students: Focused on The Dynamic Leisure Activity", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol.23, No.7, pp.489-509, 2011.