- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Mediation Effect of Positive Psychological Capital between Self-leadership and Learning Flow of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 셀프리더십과 학습몰입의 관계에서 긍정심리자본의 매개효과
- Kim, Yu-Mi (Department of Nursing, International University of Korea)
- 김유미 (한국국제대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.06.10
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study is a descriptive study designed to identify the relationships among self-leadership, positive psychological capital, and learning flow, and the mediation effect of positive psychological capital between self-leadership and learning flow. The participants for this study were 218 nursing students following a four-year curriculum in J city and the data was collected from April 1st to April 15th, 2016, and analyzed using descriptive statistics, the t-test, one way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation and multiple regression with the SPSS 22.0 Program. There were significant correlations among self-leadership, positive psychological capital, and learning flow. In the multiple regression analysis, the main factor affecting learning flow was self-leadership, which explained 44.1% of the variance in learning flow. Moreover, of 4 the components of positive psychological capital, self-efficacy and hope had a partial mediating effect between self-leadership and learning flow. Self-leadership, positive psychological capital, and learning flow relationship were positive relevant. To enhance the learning flow ability of the nursing students, it is necessary to develop a training program to increase their self-leadership and positive psychological capital.
Supported by : 한국국제대학교
- C. J. Kim, Y. H. Ahn, M. W. Kim, Y. O. Jeong, J. H. Lee, "Development of Standards and Criteria for Accreditation of a Baccalaureate Nursing Education Program: Reflections on the Unique Characteristics of the Nursing Profession", J Korean Acad Nurs, 36(6), pp. 1002-1011, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.1002
- C. C. Manz, H. P. Sims, Super-leadership: beyond the myth of heroic leadership. Organizational Dynamics, 14(4), pp. 18-35, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(91)90051-A https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(91)90051-A
- B. K. Kim, C. Y. Jyung, "The Casual Relationship among Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy, Self-Leadership, Problem Solving Ability, and Career Motivation", Journal of agricultural education and human resource development, 44(2), pp. 49-71, 2012. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2012.44.2.49
- Y. S. Lee, S. H. Park, J. K. Kim, "Nursing students' self-leadership, self-efficacy, interpersonal relation, college life satisfaction", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 14(6), pp. 229-240, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.06.229 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.06.229
- K. H. Park, "An Empirical Study on the Effect of Positive Psychological Capital on Creativity and Job Involvement of Small & Medium Company Employee". Journal of Corporate Education, 14(1), pp. 115-132, 2012.
- F. Luthans, C. M. Youssef, & B. J. Avolio, Positive Psychological capital: Developing the human competitive edge. New York: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- F. Luthans, J. B. Avey, B. J. Avolio, & S. J. Peterson, "The Development and Resulting Performance Impact of Positive Psychological Capital", Human Resource Development Quarterly, 21(1), pp. 41-67, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.20034 https://doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.20034
- J. Y. Lee, "The relationship between self-directed learning and worker's psychological capital and social support", Unpublished master's thesis, Chungang University, Seoul, 2014.
- Y. D. Choi, H. J. Jeong, D. S. Lee, "Leader's use of humor and employees' performance and work happiness", Korean Management Review, 41(3), pp. 575-605, 2012.
- S. J. Jeon, J. M. Na, "The Impact of the University Student's Self-Leadership on the Positive Psychology Capital and the Career Plan", Journal of Tourism Management Research, 17(3), pp. 319-342, 2013.
- M. Y. Lee, K. H. Kim, "Influence of Head Nurses' Transformational Leadership on Staff Nurse's Psychological Well-being, Stress and Somatization -Focused on the Mediating Effect of Positive Psychological Capital", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 18(2), pp. 166-175, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Park, "Factors Influencing on Learning Flow of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(3), pp. 1557-1565, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1557 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1557
- A. Y. Kim, H. Y. Tack, C. H. Lee, "The Development and Validation of a Learning Flow Scale for Adults", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, 24(1), pp. 39-59, 2010.
- S. I. Park, Y. K. Kim, "An Inquiry on the Relationships among Learning-Flow Factors, Flow Level, Achievement under On-line Learning Environment", The Journal of Open Association Education, 14(1), pp. 93-115, 2006.
- M. Csilkszentmihalyi, Creativity: Flow and the psychology of discovery and invention (1st ed.). New York: Harper-Collins Publishers, 1996.
- J. C. Perry, "School engagement among urban youth of color: criterion pattern effects of vocational exploration and racial identity", Journal of Career Development, 34, pp. 397-422, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0894845308316293 https://doi.org/10.1177/0894845308316293
- S. J. Lee, "The Effect of Flow on Learning and Self-efficacy on College Adaptation and Academic Achievementin Undergraduate Students", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, 25(2), pp. 235-253, 2011.
- M. K. Hong, "The Impact of the University Student's Self-Leadership on the Learning Flow : Focused on Mediating Effect of Psychological Capital", The Journal of Business Education, 29(6), pp. 1-23, 2015.
- K. H. Kim, E. H. Hwang, "Influence of Ego-Resilience, Critical Thinking Disposition, and Self Leadership on Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy in Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(2), pp. 436-445, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.436 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.436
- N. Y. Yang, S. Y. Moon, " The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society", 17(2), pp. 216-225, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.216 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.216
- M. A. Park, "Self-leadership, stress on clinical practice, and stress coping styles in nursing students", Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 2009.
- C. C. Manz, "Self-leadership:Toward an expanded theory of self-influence processes in organizations", Academy of Management Review, 11(3), pp. 585-600, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1986.4306232 https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1986.4306232
- H. S. Kim, "Middle school teacher job satisfaction and the relationship between self-leadership", Unpublished master's thesis, Soongsil University, Seoul, 2002.
- T. H. Lee, "Validation of the Korean Version of Positive Psychological Capital(K-PPC)", Journal of coaching development, 16(3), pp. 157-166, 2014.
- R. M. Baron, D. A. Kenny. "The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: conceptual, strategic,and statistical considerations", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), pp. 1173-1182, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2063 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.113
- H. J. Won, "Effect of self-leadership and Stress Coping on College Life Adjustment in Nursing students Journal of the Korea Contents Association", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 9(1), pp. 123-131, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.1.123 DOI: 10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.1.123 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.1.123
- J. Y. Lee, M. H. Cho, "Correlations between self-leadership, critical thinking disposition and problem solving process in a diploma nursing students", Journal of Korea Higher Vocational Education Association, 13(3.4), pp. 241-253, 2012.
- H. Y. Han, "The influence of college student's sense of humor on their psychological capital and self-leadership", Unpublished master's thesis, Myongji, University, Seoul, 2013.
- M. S. Kang, E. R. Bang, "The Analysis on the Causal Model between Self-directedness, Learning Flow, Career Decision and Self-efficacy, and Career Exploration Behavior of Undergraduate Students", Korean journal of culture and social issues, 20(4), pp. 443-467, 2014.
- O. S. Lee, "The Relationship between Emotional intelligence, Academic self-efficacy and self- leadership among Nursing", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(9), pp. 6036-6043, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6036 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6036
- S. R. Lee, "The influence of self-leadership upon organizational change commitment and innovative behavior and the intermediation effect of psychological capital", Unpublished master's thesis, Chungang University, Seoul, 2013.